Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2022, 05:46 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,589,306 times

Advertisements

This is just another arm of the ongoing Kangaroocourtism aimed at Trump.........send that message to outsiders, this is OUR baby, do not touch.

A "certain country" is just as corrupt as so-called evil nations that many like to bleat on and on about.
The application of this corrupt evilness may not be exactly the same as how other nations go about it, but it
is obviously still there.

Last edited by tickyul; 04-28-2022 at 06:45 AM..

Old 04-28-2022, 06:08 AM

16,035 posts, read 6,840,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
This all goes away if Trump would simply honor the court's request that he offer a signed and sworn affidavit stating that he's complied with the court order that documents be turned over relative to the investigation the Attorney General of New York.

Perhaps I can be enlightened why someone wouldn't comply with that order? (particularly when no other citizen in our country gets to pick and choose which court order you obey regardless of your personal feeling about that court, political or otherwise.)

So.........

I decide to claim you stole money based on what I believe is probable evidence requiring investigation ? not hard proof ?

I have to hire an attorney because you think I did something wrong ? until I prove my innocence ?

and ( what I believe is a personal attack) ......................fined daily for not complying?

What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty. What ever happened to gathering evidence ?

I am glad that Trump's response is to sue fools like this.

The laws should be changed to
Any person filing claim will be held personally accountable
for all attorney fees if they lose the case and open to defamation suit.
President Trump would have reaped billions.............

Time to end this frivolous nonsense.

I'm tired of people like half truth james and company using taxpayer money
and loop holes in current laws for self promotion and personal attacks.............

Old 04-28-2022, 06:24 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times
Cant stand Trump but this is pure Democrat revenge by NYS. The fines should be against NYS.

Old 04-28-2022, 07:24 AM

78,380 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Cant stand Trump but this is pure Democrat revenge by NYS. The fines should be against NYS.
Yeah, using the power of the state to go after your political enemies is shady as heck.

What the people that support this don't get is that it's the same apparatus that is used against fellow democrats in places like Chicago and NYC etc.

It's a really bad look in a democracy.

Old 04-28-2022, 07:30 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,812,678 times
Quote:
I don't get to choose which laws I'll comply with without consequence, you don't get to choose which laws you'll comply with without consequence and most certainly Trump doesn't get to choose which laws he will comply with without consequence. Under our legal system it's not his choice to make anymore than it's your's or mine.
Maybe you should run for political office as a democrat. Then if you break the law, consequences won't apply.

They only apply on GOP politicians.

Old 04-28-2022, 08:13 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,213,138 times
Quote:
I don't get to choose which laws I'll comply with without consequence, you don't get to choose which laws you'll comply with without consequence and most certainly Trump doesn't get to choose which laws he will comply with without consequence. Under our legal system it's not his choice to make anymore than it's your's or mine.

Under our legal system, you have the right to challenge laws and court decisions with lawsuits and appeals.

What "law" is he not complying with? A subpoena is a court-issued demand not a statute. Sounds to me like "failing to comply with a subpoena for evidence" is akin to exercising one's right to remain silent.

Old 04-28-2022, 09:06 AM

25,442 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Under our legal system, you have the right to challenge laws and court decisions with lawsuits and appeals.

What "law" is he not complying with? A subpoena is a court-issued demand not a statute. Sounds to me like "failing to comply with a subpoena for evidence" is akin to exercising one's right to remain silent.
Yes, he can not comply. But the court has the right to hold him in contempt. That's how the system works.

Old 04-28-2022, 12:47 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,326,602 times
Today is Thursday. Donald Trump now owes NY AG Letitia James $30,000

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...c520de3a5ec197

Old 04-28-2022, 04:27 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,563,838 times
Aside from his questionable business prowess the fact still remains the reason he is charged with contempt of court is his refusal to submit a signed and sworn affidavit stating he has complied with the court ordered release of documents sought by the NY AG in the investigation of tax fraud.

It's really that simple...

Old 04-28-2022, 07:12 PM
bu2

24,080 posts, read 14,875,404 times
Quote:

CORRECTION: Trump did make his choice and it was not to comply. The consequence to that is a contempt of court change along with the fines that entails. Please don't make this fairly standard action by the court anymore complicated than it is. BTW - Not granting Mueller's request is a very different thing than doing so before a court.
Well it seems like the DA chooses what laws not to comply with.
Its an unconstitutional politically motivated witchhunt. Somebody with less money (for example you and I) they would have just run over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies