Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2022, 02:09 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,690,076 times

Advertisements

My husband who is now a legal voter in FL received a letter today that is really sneaky—
It purports to be RECONFIRMING his Republican registration so he can vote Republican in the 2022 MidTerm
And has lot of verbiage about how Democrats are a threat to the election process

But the real deal is that the RNC is just trying to get him to register Republican vs Democratic

He is not registered Republican—was never registered Republican in FL and voted in the last Sarasota county election which didn’t have any official races—only about county policies

I guess this letter is “legal” but it is propaganda—-and misleading—and just like the GOP trying to capture votes they aren’t entitled to…
If you are a registered Republican then it just reinforced the GOP sound bites that Dems are stealing elections

I just don’t understand why my husband got one and I didn’t since we are both registered to vote as D
Maybe because I didn’t vote in the last county election
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2022, 02:12 PM

2,394 posts, read 2,967,636 times
I'm in FL too and it's not unusual to receive deceptive mail from the reps. They sent out something that looked like it was from the census back when the census was going on. They're very sneaky, so be aware.

Old 04-27-2022, 02:25 PM

11,208 posts, read 8,263,272 times
They are projecting when they talk about Dems stealing the election. Republicans have been blatantly dishonest and increasingly so, since (at least) the Jesse Helms years of the the early 1970s in North Carolina. I have always marked his time as the turning point where the Republicans have turned against America's interest and toward their own.

Really, you can pretty much look what they are saying, and expect them to do it.

Anti-election fraud, and they commit fraud
Anti-Gay and they are in the bathroom stalls of airports.
Claiming to be free-market capitalists, and trying to shut down trade
For fiscal responsibility, and spend spend spend
For the working man, and trying to turn over any remaining power to corporate America to stick it to the working man

On and on and on.
NOTICE: I did not make any claims about how great the Dems are. They suck too. The Republicans are just worse in most cases. Certainly in their hatred for America Values. (Another one: Wrap themselves in the flag and poop all over the constitution.)

Old 04-27-2022, 02:29 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,690,076 times
I can’t disagree with either of those comments

My husband said he was BFF with Ronna McDaniels when I asked why I didn’t get one…

Old 04-27-2022, 02:32 PM

17,456 posts, read 6,784,373 times
Post the letter. I frankly don't believe your rendition of events.

Old 04-27-2022, 02:41 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,902,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
My husband who is now a legal voter in FL received a letter today that is really sneaky—
It purports to be RECONFIRMING his Republican registration so he can vote Republican in the 2022 MidTerm
And has lot of verbiage about how Democrats are a threat to the election process

But the real deal is that the RNC is just trying to get him to register Republican vs Democratic

He is not registered Republican—was never registered Republican in FL and voted in the last Sarasota county election which didn’t have any official races—only about county policies

I guess this letter is “legal” but it is propaganda—-and misleading—and just like the GOP trying to capture votes they aren’t entitled to…
If you are a registered Republican then it just reinforced the GOP sound bites that Dems are stealing elections

I just don’t understand why my husband got one and I didn’t since we are both registered to vote as D
I wonder how many democrats will fall for this alleged sophisticated scheme?

Since OP is pretty upset about it maybe she's worried.

Anyone who is registered gets a crop ton of mailers, phone calls, texts, heck people knocking on the front door to convince to vote whatever they are selling.

Nothingburger.

Old 04-27-2022, 02:58 PM

6,701 posts, read 9,259,449 times
I'm not affiliated with a party ("unaffiliated" in Colorado) and I get stuff like this from the Republican Party -and- the Democrat Party (lol AS IF I'd ever consider registering as a Democrat - anyone registered as a Democrat should be embarrassed). These are usually fundraising messages.

Old 04-27-2022, 03:00 PM

5,889 posts, read 2,749,510 times
BOTH parties send out this kind of stuff...

Old 04-27-2022, 03:00 PM

5,143 posts, read 4,909,545 times
I'm a FL resident who is registered as Unaffiliated (or is it Independent?). I also get a bunch of political junk mail, mostly from Repubs, but I think that's due to my contacting my Representative and/or Senator, which are both (R)s. I guess I'm on their mailing lists now. No big deal. We have good recycling in my county.

Old 04-27-2022, 03:06 PM

26,346 posts, read 14,952,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post

In Michigan I get deceptive stuff from both parties.

It is likely possible your husband got one but not you if he voted in a GOP primary, contacted a GOP elected official, donated money, etc.

Heck we got 5 different forms for 5 different people to get a ballot in 2020. Only 2 legal voters live in our house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies