Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2022, 09:12 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,528,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
In fairness, liberals don’t understand liberals either.
Liberals understand themselves, conservatives simply have a warped view of political purity and believe if you criticize someone, you must now hate them entirely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2022, 09:13 AM

2,612 posts, read 927,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Liberals understand themselves, conservatives simply have a warped view of political purity and believe if you criticize someone, you must now hate them entirely.
What is the criticism for Musk?

Old 04-29-2022, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Come on man, absolutely no one can understand what goes on in the mind of a liberal.
If you believe that, it destroys the argument the thread is making.

Old 04-29-2022, 09:14 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,767,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I've been on Twitter for years.

Who are "those leftists"? Are some fringe folks losing their ****? Of course. Is it the majority of liberals? Not in my experience.
I can only go by what I see. Just read the comments on Musk's latest tweet.

Old 04-29-2022, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese View Post
What is the criticism for Musk?
From my perspective.

free speech absolutist tend to not believe in consequences , Trump being reinstated despite breaking twitters own rules. Musk in that context, taking over twitter would be considered a bad thing.

Old 04-29-2022, 09:18 AM

2,612 posts, read 927,568 times
Quote:
From my perspective.

free speech absolutist tend to not believe in consequences , Trump being reinstated despite breaking twitters own rules. Musk in that context, taking over twitter would be considered a bad thing.
Is there a reason why you used such strange grammar in constructing this sentence? I think you are saying that the criticism is that he is willing to re-instate Trump's Twitter account, correct?

Old 04-29-2022, 09:21 AM

Quote:
No one ever called him god
Why is Elon Musk such a god

"Because he’s using his billions to take mankind into the future. He’s is a visionary who his prepared to use his wealth to make his vision come true."

Elon Musk: A son of God

"These preachings from Elon sound out of this world, almost like he is a god. And maybe he is, perhaps he has a God’s gene that makes him shoot for the stars because from within, he knows how to make great things happen."

Old 04-29-2022, 10:31 AM

29,444 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
If you believe that, it destroys the argument the thread is making.
How so ?

Original post :

Curious as to how this will work in a Liberal's mind.

When Trump won the 2016 election fair and square, many Liberals claimed they were going to leave the country. Some moving to Canada they claimed. I'm not aware of many people who followed through on that.

Liberals loved Tesla vehicles because it signaled to all their friends they are liberal and they love the planet more than the next guy.

Now that Elon is buying Liberal's safe space in Twitter, they are now calling Elon racist (Joy Reid).

Will Liberals sell their Tesla vehicles now in boycott?

Will Liberals now move to Canada or some other country?

How is all this going to play out for Liberals? Things they cherish are becoming at odds with things they cherish.

Imagine being in a Liberal's mind right now and looking at the cross currents zapping every thought they have.

I don't see any argument being made at all. Just people trying to figure out what the leftists (not traditional liberals) will do now that Elon is in control. Which, many , including myself think it's an impossible task.

Old 04-29-2022, 10:35 AM

33,325 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Curious as to how this will work in a Liberal's mind.

When Trump won the 2016 election fair and square, many Liberals claimed they were going to leave the country. Some moving to Canada they claimed. I'm not aware of many people who followed through on that.

Liberals loved Tesla vehicles because it signaled to all their friends they are liberal and they love the planet more than the next guy.

Now that Elon is buying Liberal's safe space in Twitter, they are now calling Elon racist (Joy Reid).

Will Liberals sell their Tesla vehicles now in boycott?

Will Liberals now move to Canada or some other country?

How is all this going to play out for Liberals? Things they cherish are becoming at odds with things they cherish.

Imagine being in a Liberal's mind right now and looking at the cross currents zapping every thought they have.
Progressives and Democrats, not liberals.

Classical liberals are more like libertarians.

Old 04-29-2022, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Progressives and Democrats, not liberals.

Classical liberals are more like libertarians.
You do have somewhat of a point there.

I was an old school liberal. Today's liberals are foreign to me and they are why I left the Democrat party.

When I talk about liberals, I'm talking about today's style of liberal that have taken over control of the media, schools and the Democrat party.

Old school liberals would be against much of what today's liberals stand for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies