Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2022, 08:22 PM

35 posts, read 23,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
I wished they would try to impeach Biden now. We won't be successful but put them through it. Maybe it'll keep them busy so they can take their mind off more destruction to the country. I say go for it. Enough is enough. Keep these people busy and off the destruction path.
Biden cannot be impeached now. Dems are in control. Come Jan 2023, if repubs win the house, THEN, they can possibly impeach. And I am a dem. I personally do not care who gets impeached in the future as it is all meaningless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2022, 08:26 PM

1,839 posts, read 677,466 times
Only strong bipartisan bills would get passed.

Finally getting the permanent Daylight Savings Bill? It was Republican Senators, including Rubio, that lobbied for it and it got full Senate support. However, the Democratic led House might not act on it this year.

I'd assume a Republican led House could be consider it next year if it doesn't get acted or approved on this year, and it would be passed again in the Senate and make it to Biden's desk.

I think the Republican led House will have an impeachment inquiry on Biden or maybe they will target a lower profile but despised Democrat (to the House Republicans) like Adam Schiff.

Old 04-27-2022, 08:28 PM

10,100 posts, read 7,771,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantor666999 View Post
Biden cannot be impeached now. Dems are in control. Come Jan 2023, if repubs win the house, THEN, they can possibly impeach. And I am a dem. I personally do not care who gets impeached in the future as it is all meaningless.
I'm saying they should put him through the process and have a vote. Sure he won't be impeached but put them through the process. I don't think McConnell will allow it though. I say go for it and distract them from more destruction.

Old 04-27-2022, 08:32 PM

Quote:
I'm saying they should put him through the process and have a vote. Sure he won't be impeached but put them through the process. I don't think McConnell will allow it though. I say go for it and distract them from more destruction.
As a dem, I would NOT mind seeing an attempt at a Biden impeachment come Jan 2023. A vote now will NOT take place. I do not think McConnell wants to take up impeachment of Biden in the senate. Not one democratic senator would vote to convict Biden.

Old 04-27-2022, 08:37 PM

4,960 posts, read 2,238,771 times
Quote:
Can they do anything about the border or Hunter Biden?

Do you think they'll impeach Biden? Let's get rid of Mayorkas. I'm so sick of this lying idiot that thinks they were handed a mess from Trump. Give me a danged break.

What all can the Republicans accomplish that will be good for us when they win?
Republicans should focus on presenting Constitutional legislation that helps the American people to President Biden - pressuring the executive branch prior to the 2024 elections.

But we will probably get two years of retaliatory impeachment BS just as we did from the democrats from 2016-2020.

Old 04-27-2022, 09:00 PM

1,839 posts, read 677,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantor666999 View Post
As a dem, I would NOT mind seeing an attempt at a Biden impeachment come Jan 2023. A vote now will NOT take place. I do not think McConnell wants to take up impeachment of Biden in the senate. Not one democratic senator would vote to convict Biden.
I don’t think a Senate vote would take place either.

But more likely is just Biden resigns after the House votes. It might depend on his mental state which seems to be in rapid decline and if the Party wants Harris to have a go of it for two years. It would be spun as historic Presidency for Harris and maybe a sacrifice story by Biden. But it could backfire with another 1/6 event, and then lockdowns set in place.

Old 04-27-2022, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g555 View Post
I don’t think a Senate vote would take place either.

But more likely is just Biden resigns after the House votes. It might depend on his mental state which seems to be in rapid decline and if the Party wants Harris to have a go of it for two years. It would be spun as historic Presidency for Harris and maybe a sacrifice story by Biden. But it could backfire with another 1/6 event, and then lockdowns set in place.
I am in favor of Biden resigning prior to Jan 2025. I would like Harris to become president and "let the chips fall as they may"

Old 04-27-2022, 09:12 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:

McConnell has no say in it. Impeachment is a function of the House. If the House impeaches and sends it to the Senate for prosecution, the Senate would have a constitutional obligation to prosecute it.

Old 04-27-2022, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
McConnell has no say in it. Impeachment is a function of the House. If the House impeaches and sends it to the Senate for prosecution, the Senate would have a constitutional obligation to prosecute it.
Exactly. However, McConnell wants no part of impeaching Biden, I believe. However, the senate will be compelled legally to hear the case. It will fail. 67 senators required to vote yes to REMOVE Biden from office.

It would be symbolic perhaps.

Old 04-27-2022, 09:30 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Fire every last senior member of the administration. Toss Biden, Harris, and Pelosi out.

Undo every single thing that Biden and the dems have ever done.

Shred regulations.

Defund the CDC, NIH, FDA, EPA, TSA and 80% of the DC bureaucracy.

Cut taxes another 5% across all brackets and make it permanent this time.

Abolish social security or make it optional.

Terminate ALL tax credits and subsidies of any kind whatsoever for EVs.

Defund all solar and wind projects, and give blanket unconditional approval to all nuclear power plants.

Give blanket approval to all domestic oil drilling.

Resume construction on Keystone XL.

Or....at least, failing the above, block and obstruct every single thing the democrats want until they lose the White House.
So you want to get rid of the security at airports, our country's medical research agency, our agency that tracks and tries to prevent dangerous diseases from entering our country. Without the CDC, Ebola would have become rampant in our country. What is your logic for defunding these agencies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies