Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2022, 07:31 PM

10,106 posts, read 7,771,136 times

Advertisements

Can they do anything about the border or Hunter Biden?

Do you think they'll impeach Biden? Let's get rid of Mayorkas. I'm so sick of this lying idiot that thinks they were handed a mess from Trump. Give me a danged break.

What all can the Republicans accomplish that will be good for us when they win?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2022, 07:39 PM

35 posts, read 23,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post

Do you think they'll impeach Biden? Let's get rid of Mayorkas. I'm so sick of this lying idiot that thinks they were handed a mess from Trump. Give me a danged break.

Pres Biden may be impeached but not removed from office. If Repubs win, nothing or very little of meaning will be done. Vendetta type stuff may happen but actual meaningful legislation, not likely , as Biden have veto power. perhaps a bipartisan piece of legislation.

Sit back and wait until Jan 20 2025 to see what happens.

Old 04-27-2022, 07:46 PM

10,106 posts, read 7,771,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantor666999 View Post
Pres Biden may be impeached but not removed from office. If Repubs win, nothing or very little of meaning will be done. Vendetta type stuff may happen but actual meaningful legislation, not likely , as Biden have veto power. perhaps a bipartisan piece of legislation.

Sit back and wait until Jan 20 2025 to see what happens.
I wished they would try to impeach Biden now. We won't be successful but put them through it. Maybe it'll keep them busy so they can take their mind off more destruction to the country. I say go for it. Enough is enough. Keep these people busy and off the destruction path.

Old 04-27-2022, 07:46 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,793,632 times
Fire every last senior member of the administration. Toss Biden, Harris, and Pelosi out.

Undo every single thing that Biden and the dems have ever done.

Shred regulations.

Defund the CDC, NIH, FDA, EPA, TSA and 80% of the DC bureaucracy.

Cut taxes another 5% across all brackets and make it permanent this time.

Abolish social security or make it optional.

Terminate ALL tax credits and subsidies of any kind whatsoever for EVs.

Defund all solar and wind projects, and give blanket unconditional approval to all nuclear power plants.

Give blanket approval to all domestic oil drilling.

Resume construction on Keystone XL.

Or....at least, failing the above, block and obstruct every single thing the democrats want until they lose the White House.

Old 04-27-2022, 07:47 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post

Nothing. Republicans are a bunch of spineless politicians. They will do nothing when in power and whine incessantly when sitting on the bench.

Old 04-27-2022, 07:58 PM

13,962 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Nothing. Republicans are a bunch of spineless politicians. They will do nothing when in power and whine incessantly when sitting on the bench.
This.

Bet it, give odds. As close to a sure thing as you'll ever see.

Old 04-27-2022, 08:11 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
They have no platform other than what "he" wants. Maybe "owning the libs", but that is about it. Not that they will have the power to do anything anyway. Maybe they can spend a couple years cleaning up the mess they have made of principled conservatism.

Old 04-27-2022, 08:16 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Both parties, or mainly the voters, always have these lofty goals to accomplish when their side wins a majority. For the most part, no matter which party, those goals are rarely accomplished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Or....at least, failing the above, block and obstruct every single thing the democrats want until they lose the White House.
To me, this seems to be what the Republicans want to do when they are in charge. Their motto often seems to be "What the libs want, we're against." So they just block everything.

Old 04-27-2022, 08:20 PM

5,044 posts, read 2,400,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
They have no platform other than what "he" wants. Maybe "owning the libs", but that is about it. Not that they will have the power to do anything anyway. Maybe they can spend a couple years cleaning up the mess they have made of principled conservatism.
You come up with brilliant plans like buy a smaller jar of mayo and wait. Lol you don't even know what tone deaf is.

Old 04-27-2022, 08:22 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,793,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Both parties, or mainly the voters, always have these lofty goals to accomplish when their side wins a majority. For the most part, no matter which party, those goals are rarely accomplished.

To me, this seems to be what the Republicans want to do when they are in charge. Their motto often seems to be "What the libs want, we're against." So they just block everything.
For now, I'll take it. The alternative is a complete and total destruction of the very foundations of this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies