Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2022, 02:05 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Why does it still amaze that so many male posters cant distinguish the difference in noticing and ogling.
I'm not saying I agree with this law but no woman want to be harassed as in being starred at intensely in a suggestive manner. And it does not matter what you are wearing. Women shouldn't have to dress in burkas. Nothing wrong with taking an admiring look, ogling:stare at in a lecherous (having or showing excessive or offensive sexual desire) manner is something altogether different.
The point I'm trying to make is the law is subjective, which means one person's innocent observation of a woman, is another person's predator stare.

I have worked around plenty of women who carried a perpetual chip on their shoulder against all men. Even the smallest hint of anything one of these women didn't agree with or appreciate, and they'd go nuclear on a man. They'd try to get him fired or punished for any imagined slight to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

So forgive me if I am leery with vague language and the arbitrary application for these types of laws, which can be easily misinterpreted to punish the innocent. And we know that since it's a woman's word against a man, he's guilty until proven innocent, if even then
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2022, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
More tyrannical feminist laws.

You're really underestimating male horniness. Male horniness is damn near insatiable. A woman in her 40s or 50s who maintains a healthy weight and takes decent care of herself will never be devoid of male attention.
I guess I wasn't clear. I was not referring to men in their late thirties wanting to date for one night stands. I was referring to men of that age dating women to find a future wife, and mother to his children.

A woman in her late thirties and forties will have a hard time finding a man who wants to settle down and raise a family. It's a late wake up call for the career woman, who was using dating apps hooking up with all the Chads, ignoring the average guys who were looking for a wife. She was having a lot of free dinners and sex during her twenties and thirties, and now she wants to find a husband...

Old 04-29-2022, 02:21 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The point I'm trying to make is the law is subjective, which means one person's innocent observation of a woman, is another person's predator stare.

I have worked around plenty of women who carried a perpetual chip on their shoulder against all men. Even the smallest hint of anything one of these women didn't agree with or appreciate, and they'd go nuclear on a man. They'd try to get him fired or punished for any imagined slight to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

So forgive me if I am leery with vague language and the arbitrary application for these types of laws, which can be easily misinterpreted to punish the innocent. And we know that since it's a woman's word against a man, he's guilty until proven innocent, if even then
Thank you for clarifying. Your post I responded to did not sound like that was your point though. I also feel the law can be subjective. I will hope, as the article seemed to suggest, that any complaint will be thoroughly investigated as to the circumstance and if the person has a history of harassment or was asked not to stare, etc. and not just taken on faith. And if abuses become apparent they will discontinue.

Old 04-29-2022, 02:28 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
They don’t want a man around to protect them so now they want it legislated. Whatever, deal with it yourself, the government is busy screwing everything else up.

Old 04-29-2022, 02:31 PM

4,232 posts, read 2,454,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
They don’t want a man around to protect them so now they want it legislated. Whatever, deal with it yourself, the government is busy screwing everything else up.
Yup. The fact that women are practically terrified of their own shadows should not mean that everyone has to be put under increasing government tyranny, control, and nanny-statism in the name of "safety."

Old 04-29-2022, 02:55 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
Yup. The fact that women are practically terrified of their own shadows should not mean that everyone has to be put under increasing government tyranny, control, and nanny-statism in the name of "safety."
And if you happen to give one of these psycho’s more of a passing glance like maybe you recognize her she’s calling 911.

Old 04-29-2022, 03:15 PM

2,035 posts, read 852,699 times
Quote:
Never heard anyone say that.
Why should women have to handle it. Why should women not be able to feel safe from harassment and assault in public places. Why dont men just not do it.
And what about when its a 13 year old girl. I guess she should know how to fend off sexual harassment and prevent would be perverts from assaulting her.

You all realize the reason for this move was due to increasing sexual harassment and rapes, right?
Do you always twist everything to a point that you’re not even making a point for point rebuttal or argument? You’re like arguing with yourself lady.

First of all, I don’t stare at women. I noticed people in general not specifically just women. I’m a man, not a rapist, try not to confuse the two. They don’t go hand in hand. If I saw a man being inappropriate towards a 13 year old? I knock his teeth out. I have a daughter.

The original post I made was in humor! Lighten up. I do understand women deal with things men take for granite, but we are not all perverts!

Old 04-29-2022, 03:16 PM

4,232 posts, read 2,454,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
And if you happen to give one of these psycho’s more of a passing glance like maybe you recognize her she’s calling 911.
You mean 999? This is the UK after all

Old 04-29-2022, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Thank you for clarifying. Your post I responded to did not sound like that was your point though. I also feel the law can be subjective. I will hope, as the article seemed to suggest, that any complaint will be thoroughly investigated as to the circumstance and if the person has a history of harassment or was asked not to stare, etc. and not just taken on faith. And if abuses become apparent they will discontinue.
My views on this come from my time in the US military, where some women made it their life's goal to abuse the sexual harassment regulations to continuously harass men and to ruin as many careers as they possibly. Some of these women really got off on the power they suddenly had. It was a rush for a young female E3 to be able to ruin the career of a male E8 or E9.

It got so bad on one military base, that I ended up just ignoring all females in uniform. I'd walk past them, choosing to avert my eyes so as not to even acknowledge their existence. If my job required that I had to speak to them I barely looked at them. Fewer and fewer men in uniform even bothered interacting with females in uniform, because each new crop of women recruits were worse than the ones who came before them. This especially included female officers, because each new crop saw more of them going thru women's studies in college.

Old 04-29-2022, 07:30 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Is glancing at a photo or painting of a woman a sin as well? (let's assume the woman is clothed)

Yes, even if we'll assume so.

Where are all the beautiful transgender people, and why their immortal images are still not adorning the walls of Louvre?

Time to get to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies