Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2022, 08:25 PM

3,454 posts, read 2,779,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post

Is Greene an evil person being controlled by Satan, or is she just a total lunatic?
Or a bit of both?
Maybe she’s “crazy like a fox”.

Old 04-30-2022, 08:38 PM

45,573 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
You know Geekie is trans right? People are trying to lay a crown of thorns on her head. I hope you remember she is one of God's own going forward in your dealings with her. He uses who He wants.
Why would you bring that up? Seriously? Are you going by some stereotype playbook?

I said it before... Christianity is about unity in Jesus Christ.

Have you seen the roster of people that God used in the Bible? Liars, adulterers, murderers, drunkards...

God accepts us as we are. The goal is to be more like Christ as we walk with Him. He wants us to be truthful about our shortcomings, and totally trusting of Him because He is our sufficiency. We don't get it right everyday.

I know enough about Geekigurl to know where she is - and I will vouch for her again as much as I am able. God can accept her as well as anyone else on the basis of faith in His Son.

Old 05-01-2022, 12:36 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,586,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Once again,
Most of the citizens of this country are not "powerful or wealthy". Most of the citizens of this country are harmed in various ways by illegals being here. Illegals break this country's laws and God's laws to come here, many break the law by bringing illegal things with them or by trafficking others, and they often break other laws while they are here. You're basically saying that God favors the criminals(illegals) over their victims(the average citizen of this country). That does not make sense.
Can you not see that is propaganda...so everyday citizens DO support cracking down on illegal immigrants? LOL

When was the last time you read about govt or police, prioritizing a rich/powerful person, being the victim of crime? LOL If you notice, they always attempt to make it look like the 'average person' (non powerful or rich) is in serious danger, and these illegal immigrants are a security threat TO THEM? That is not coincidental...Go ask a Southern CA beat cop, if a extremely wealthy movie star being robbed, is a high priority for them? You may or may not be surprised at their answer.

Look at it this way...the old Robin Hood syndrome...(when Mr Hood was robbing and stealing from THE RICH and powerful...he was suddenly a SERIOUS THREAT to everyone! (poor or average citizens didnt exactly care when the rich or powerful were robbed or victims of theft), in some case, the thieves were made into heroes for the average citizen.

Is this not precisely what the rich/powerful would attempt to do?...to convince average citizens, that THEIR safety or security is in danger?

Point is, they have a reason for this.

Old 05-01-2022, 06:52 AM

15,864 posts, read 6,317,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Why would you bring that up? Seriously? Are you going by some stereotype playbook?

I said it before... Christianity is about unity in Jesus Christ.

Have you seen the roster of people that God used in the Bible? Liars, adulterers, murderers, drunkards...

God accepts us as we are. The goal is to be more like Christ as we walk with Him. He wants us to be truthful about our shortcomings, and totally trusting of Him because He is our sufficiency. We don't get it right everyday.

I know enough about Geekigurl to know where she is - and I will vouch for her again as much as I am able. God can accept her as well as anyone else on the basis of faith in His Son.
That's the problem. You see trans as a sin just like any other. It is part of her identity. You deny her. It would be like saying being black is a sin but you accept that you are a sinner as well. Being black is not a sin! Being trans is not a sin! Being gay is not a sin!

Old 05-01-2022, 07:12 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,754,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Jesus told people to go out and catch their own damn fish. He didn't say steal it from thy neighbor. And the Catholic church has lost a lot of credibility as a result of all the pedophiles that were discovered in their ranks.
So now because of MTG its cool to attack the largest Christian church in the world? Got it. Can't wait for the big guy to say "church is for suckers" and watch all of you fumble all over yourselves acting like you never went to church.

Old 05-01-2022, 07:21 AM

15,864 posts, read 6,317,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
So now because of MTG its cool to attack the largest Christian church in the world? Got it. Can't wait for the big guy to say "church is for suckers" and watch all of you fumble all over yourselves acting like you never went to church.
You've never heard people criticize the Catholic Church before her?

Old 05-01-2022, 09:09 AM

23,543 posts, read 12,517,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Can you not see that is propaganda...so everyday citizens DO support cracking down on illegal immigrants? LOL

When was the last time you read about govt or police, prioritizing a rich/powerful person, being the victim of crime? LOL If you notice, they always attempt to make it look like the 'average person' (non powerful or rich) is in serious danger, and these illegal immigrants are a security threat TO THEM? That is not coincidental...Go ask a Southern CA beat cop, if a extremely wealthy movie star being robbed, is a high priority for them? You may or may not be surprised at their answer.

Look at it this way...the old Robin Hood syndrome...(when Mr Hood was robbing and stealing from THE RICH and powerful...he was suddenly a SERIOUS THREAT to everyone! (poor or average citizens didnt exactly care when the rich or powerful were robbed or victims of theft), in some case, the thieves were made into heroes for the average citizen.

Is this not precisely what the rich/powerful would attempt to do?...to convince average citizens, that THEIR safety or security is in danger?

Point is, they have a reason for this.
^All of which has nothing to do with my previous response to your comment.

Old 05-01-2022, 09:19 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,586,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
^All of which has nothing to do with my previous response to your comment.
Right, but my point was to show, how average citizens opinions are swayed, because of threats to the wealthy and powerful....

If Celebrities mansions were being robbed thru out Southern CA...that would not translate to 'average citizens' being in any additional danger! LOL (wealthy people are targets...because they are wealthy), how much sense would it make for a thief to 'invade and rob' my house? (when they would only get maybe $100. if that?) LOL

Old 05-01-2022, 09:38 AM

23,543 posts, read 12,517,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Right, but my point was to show, how average citizens opinions are swayed, because of threats to the wealthy and powerful....

If Celebrities mansions were being robbed thru out Southern CA...that would not translate to 'average citizens' being in any additional danger! LOL (wealthy people are targets...because they are wealthy), how much sense would it make for a thief to 'invade and rob' my house? (when they would only get maybe $100. if that?) LOL
Your original point was that God would side with the illegals over the citizens of this country.

As far as your current point, it is nothing but b.s.

People have lost their jobs to illegals, they see their taxes being taken to support illegals, they see their children getting less of an education because the schoolrooms are being flooded with illegal children, they see the doctors/hospitals having less time to treat them because they have illegals to treat, more and more are seeing their ID stolen and used by illegals, more and more are seeing thefts and physical abuses done by illegals, etc............done by people who have no legal right to be in this country, and they see that it is getting worse thanks to this current administration. But you go on ahead and continue to believe that people are too stupid to see what is going on and are simply being told what to think.

Old 05-01-2022, 09:43 AM

17,790 posts, read 13,682,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
That's the problem. You see trans as a sin just like any other. Being trans is not a sin! Being gay is not a sin!
The problem with "trans" among Christians compared to "gay" is that you can "pray away the gay"...

Once the surgery is done you can't do much about the "trans"...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies