Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2022, 12:50 AM

11,250 posts, read 11,022,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
We're not talking about opinions -- we're talking about people's lives. You are the one trying to control people who have issues you can't even begin to understand.
We're not trying to control people. We just want to see them get the psychiatric help they desperately need and that they (nor those in education and the media) do not push their agenda into the mainstream pretending it is completely normal and demanding that everybody should accept it. They are a very small percentage (less than 4% of the population) and our kids don't need to be hearing that garbage in schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2022, 02:14 AM

22,471 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Who are you kidding? You were never a Democrat. All of the fringe nonsense you've posted isn't what Democrats are about. Democratic platforms seek to promote social programs, labor unions, consumer protection, workplace safety regulation, equal opportunity, disability rights, racial equity, regulations against environmental pollution, and criminal justice reform. You expect us to believe that one day you woke up and didn't care about those things? Oh please. People don't change their fundamental ideals like that. All you did was post a bunch of right-wing talking points. You were never a democrat, you're not fooling anyone.
Oh, please!

Everything in the OP's post was spot on. The only thing I would add is today's democrats coddle criminals while defunding the police. So many cities have been ruined by these idiotic policies. Look at what's happening in Boston. Gangs of kids roaming the downtown area and attacking people. The police arrest them but the next day they're back on the streets attacking yet again. BLM and antifa were allowed to loot and burn buildings, attack police officers, murder innocent people with impunity. And, this is your idea of "criminal justice reform"? SMH.

They are allowing illegals to flood our borders. In the past, dems would never have put up with that. When Bubba was president, sleazy dog that he was, he had a wall built along the San Diego/Tijuana border. That wall has drastically cut down on crime and illegal crossings. He also formed the Jordan Commission. Their job was to come up with ways to stop illegal immigration. The Commission came up with many great ideas. I fully expected dems to embrace those ideas. Yet they did nothing, which was disgusting.

I, too, was once a staunch democrat. You must be too young to have remembered when democrats truly looked out for the poor, middle and working classes. If any change in policy was suggested that would hurt their constituents, the dems of yore could be counted on to put a stop to that. Nowadays, they put illegal aliens ahead of the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed Americans---and that's despicable. Truth is neither party is looking out for Americans but at one time dems could be counted on to do so.

I didn't leave the democrats, they left me. And, no, I don't belong to the RNC. When they called our home trying to get us to join, I gave them an earful.

Today's dems are not your father or grandfather's dems. In fact, dems must be laughing themselves sick thinking of how many people they have fooled. Why would anyone vote for a party that puts illegal aliens ahead of American citizens and supports "woke" nonsense, especially when such policies are destroying many cities?

Old 05-01-2022, 07:28 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
If you were truly a democrat then you've always been for equal rights for all. It doesn't mean we agree with the choices others make and condone it. It's just about their rights. Who are we to judge anyone else. And government has no business getting involved in people's lives.
I do agree with equal rights for all.

I don't agree with equal outcomes manufactured by government policy.

Old 05-01-2022, 07:31 AM

First this -
Quote:
And government has no business getting involved in people's lives.
Then this -
Quote:
I would love for nicotine to be banned but it won't happen.
Democrat Hypocrisy.

Old 05-01-2022, 07:33 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,791,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
In other words, once again you quite passionately want all government to be privatized. But I don't seem to recall how our country would finance the military. Simply hope the military can receive enough freely given donations?
You don't seem to recall that income tax only consists of half the government's tax revenues.

$2T is more than enough to fund a functional government.

Old 05-01-2022, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So all of the above points can be found in the current Democrat Party Platform?
They are some of the things the last two Democrat Presidential Administrations have supported.

Old 05-01-2022, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Abuse, huh? Maybe the abuse is the hundreds of years of torment that trangender and gender dysphoria people have suffered with and committed suicide over. You ever think of that?

You don't know a damn thing about gender issues, and neither do I. At least I don't pretend. It's none of our stinking business. Put your efforts into yourself and being a better and more compassionate person.
What we do know is the left is working overtime trying to convince otherwise healthy and stable children that they can be the other sex and that they are either a victim or a racist depending on their skin color.

Old 05-01-2022, 08:28 AM

1,711 posts, read 807,094 times
Anyone who supports a party that would even CONSIDER a Misinformation Governance Board is suspect.

Anyone who supports a party that would STAND UP a Misinformation Governance Board is a dangerous fool.

As someone who has circled the sun 70 times I know that this will grow into an unfathomable mess with more and more powers and more and more funding. It won't.be pretty.

Old 05-01-2022, 08:51 AM

9,091 posts, read 6,314,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Excellent post.

The Dims have turned away from the working man and now are the party and lap dogs of the coastal elites.

The Democrat party has turned into hardcore authoritarians. One of the only thing keeping us from turning into another China is the two party system.

Old 05-01-2022, 09:11 AM

9,091 posts, read 6,314,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I'm still a registered Dem. It's hard to give it up because I still stand behind the Democratic party as it was during the Kennedy administration. I started voting outside the party when Perot was running. Once we move I'll probably register as an Independent.
JFK as he was when he was alive would not be allowed in the Democrat party in the 21st century.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies