Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2022, 10:36 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,752,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I actually left the Republican party because of the Rinos Republican in name only and I couldn't distinguish them from the Democrats that supported the illegals more than the working blue collar Americans . I don't like extremism to begin with and I sure watched how the Republicans and the lefties melded together I am talking about the establishment Republicans. We have to get rid of the Rinos and the Democrat party has really totally left the American people. We can do much better I want a president that's going to stand by the American people and not the deep state. I am now an independent and will support a conservative president that will work for all Americans and make this country Strong .
So why did you gush over Trump? That guy is the opposite of everything you claim to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2022, 11:18 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
First this -

Then this -

Democrat Hypocrisy.
Not hypocrisy. Nicotine is an addiction just like heroin and opiods. And it should be included in that category. If you go after one drug then you need to after all. Even Sudafed is limited on how much you can get which is ridiculous. How many of us have meth labs. My point was, I don't want government involved in social issues. They will always be in control of what they deem addictive. So yes, you have to add nicotine to the list.

Old 05-01-2022, 11:22 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Not hypocrisy. Nicotine is an addiction just like heroin and opiods. And it should be included in that category. If you go after one drug then you need to after all. Even Sudafed is limited on how much you can get which is ridiculous. How many of us have meth labs. My point was, I don't want government involved in social issues. They will always be in control of what they deem addictive. So yes, you have to add nicotine to the list.
Alcohol and caffeine are drugs. Are you wanting those banned also?

Old 05-01-2022, 11:31 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Alcohol and caffeine are drugs. Are you wanting those banned also?
Not up to me. It's up to government to decide. I'm just saying put nicotine in the same category as opiods because it's just as highly an addiction.

Old 05-01-2022, 11:34 PM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
I was a very solid Democrat, liberal, and supporter of the Obama years.

Then I realize I had been duped with hope and change.

I won't make that mistake again.

Old 05-01-2022, 11:35 PM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
The GOP has lost the popular vote in 7 of the last 8 presidential elections.
Accountability isn't popular.

So when do you plan to pay off the student loans for everyone else?

Old 05-01-2022, 11:37 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Not up to me. It's up to government to decide. I'm just saying put nicotine in the same category as opiods because it's just as highly an addiction.
In all likelihood, the tobacco industry 'lobbied/ paid off' the right people in the right amounts years ago, (to ensure tobacco is NEVER restricted too harshly)...that is the only explanation really.

When it comes to Opioids, the Pharma industry probably didnt make a large enough offer, to keep their deadly products easily accessible, or they thought they were more powerful than the Govt. (the Govt showed them though! They lost BILLIONS as a result of restricting opioid drugs. I would imagine they are kicking themselves for not forking over the bribe/lobby money today. (opioid drugs were a HUGE cash cow to Pharma, easy and cheap to manufacture and people get addicted very quickly...that is an ace in the hole for Pharma guys! (keeps the patient coming back for more).

It would be interesting though, to ask or message the DEA, why they refuse to schedule tobacco/nicotine, this is technically their duty, to keep citizens safe from harmful deadly drugs and substances, (they seem to aggressively restrict OTHER deadly drugs...WHY not nicotine/tobacco?) I would love to listen to them try to justify this without admitting guilt and corruption at the highest levels...its real simple...they were 'paid' to look the other way with tobacco, that is how corruption works.

Old 05-02-2022, 02:35 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
JFK as he was when he was alive would not be allowed in the Democrat party in the 21st century.
How would they prevent him from registering as a Democrat? Follow up question: Would he prefer the party that tried to destroy our democracy, beat up 130 cops and smeared crap on the walls of our Capitol?

Old 05-02-2022, 04:46 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
The Greatest Celebration of this Decade will come November.

There will be signs posted all over cemeteries. Ditch Diggers Wanted.

There ain't a hole big enough to bury the ideas of the crazies that are trying to destroy our country.

Back to Basics Fools.

God,Family ,Country.........................anything else is Suicide.

Old 05-02-2022, 05:04 AM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Nobody said it was up to you, but you’re picking and choosing what drugs you want banned, and nicotine is no way as addicting as opioids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies