Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2022, 01:28 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,033,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post

...... What the hell is going on? ....... I want to end this post by asking: what will be the mid to long-term consequences of all this? I cannot say in any detail, but I believe we are heading for an extremely destabilized future. Isolated men with no access to sex, affection, or intimacy, become apathetic, nihilistic, disruptive.... and destructive.
Everything you've described in your full post is what naturally happens with any group of animals that has been practising indiscriminate breeding and over-population. Humans are animals too and I'd say it's time for humans to start paying more attention to nature's orders and laws to understand the decline that is going to be happening to human beings now.

After the world's human population declines to a healthy and sustainable population balance again then human societies will get back to normal societal interactions and lifestyles again. It will take awhile though because the world needs to gradually lose at least half of the population that it has right now.

Last edited by Zoisite; 05-02-2022 at 01:54 AM..

Old 05-02-2022, 02:15 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
Allow me to add, life is about change for both sexes.
And, pretending to like what she does undermines the integrity of a relationship.
You can only fake/front that for so long.
Cheating has been on the increase, as young and old seem to be disillusioned; and selfish.
I feel we have become such a me society, people simply don't wish to expend the energy anymore.
It's truly pathetic on so many different levels.

I became disillusioned years ago when I realized that the only way to not be the poor sap that gets cheated on, divorced and/or dumped is to be the one that cheats.

So what's the point?

Old 05-02-2022, 02:52 AM

24,623 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I became disillusioned years ago when I realized that the only way to not be the poor sap that gets cheated on, divorced and/or dumped is to be the one that cheats.

So what's the point?
What's the point of living? We're all going to be dead one day.

The point is to try to make the best of life, however you define that to be, before it's time for us to meet our demise.

Not every who is single, is lonely or sexless. Some folks want to be a lone and there's plenty of sex workers out there who they can visit if they want some intimacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
I want to end this post by asking: what will be the mid to long-term consequences of all this? I cannot say in any detail, but I believe we are heading for an extremely destabilized future. Isolated men with no access to sex, affection, or intimacy, become apathetic, nihilistic, disruptive.... and destructive.
Legalize sex work like Germany, and legalize Mary jane like the Netherlands.

Because yes, men with no access to let loose or blow off steam will absolutely become destructive and violent.

Old 05-02-2022, 03:03 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Spoken like a person who doesn't know what they're talking about.

Unlike you, I've actually traveled the world, so yes I do have a good idea of what a lot women really want. And it all comes down to one thing: financial security

If you don't have it, you better be tall, funny, handsome, and fit. If you do have it, you could be bald, fat, short, ugly, and still have plenty of women. It also depends on what country you live in. A fat ugly old broke man could have a good time in Brazil, Thailand Colombia, while struggling to date even 1 woman in Western Europe or America.

Life is about taking lemons and making lemonade, a passport if your lemonade. Being lonely and single is a choice, America has the most powerful passport on the planet.

Stop whining and start booking some flights.
LOL, oh, good lord, how utterly absurd and totally unbelievable to the MAX! I don't see how I need to fly all over the world to know it to be a universal world wide held FACT that women are quite mainly highly attracted to men with cute, sexy, masculine faces far more than anything else. I've seen and quite LOUDLY heard women scream like silly over them more times than I care to remember. No doubt, plenty of women on here will back me up how that is just a matter of FACT with them. If a woman has more than one cute looking guy after her, then considering which one offers the most financial security may play a role, along with other appealing aspects of their personalities, such as a good sense of humor, intelligence and romance.

Look, right here and now, I have been totally rejected and been given bad looks by plenty of women, so I know quite full well what I'm talking about. Men who have ugly faces are totally OUT with them! RIGHT LADIES?!

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 05-02-2022 at 03:14 AM..

Old 05-02-2022, 03:09 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Most highly in demand men have not slept with 100 women, even the ones that can (millionaires, celebrities), can easily find 1 woman who is worth 100 women. Example, Jeff Bezos girlfriend was rich and successful before she even met him.

There is nothing that can make a short, fat, bald, unfunny, ugly, man attractive other than moving or visiting a country/location that doesn't care about a short, fat, bald, ugly man because he's a foreigner who, by local standards, has financial security or the ability to provide western citizenship.

No, I would say it's more of a transaction.

You're getting something and she's getting something. I'll let everyone guess what those things are.

And when either party is tired of the transaction, the relationship ends.

You're still not making effort, have you tried looking abroad for a partner? I'm sure plenty of men from the Caribbean would love to have you, as you stated black men are interested.

I'm 5'10," there's no amount of effort that's going to make me 6'4", or a comedian, or Jeff Bezos, and I've been rejected or ghosted plenty of times for not being "tall enough or funny enough." But I've also dated and met plenty of great women because I don't restrict myself to local, state, or national partners.
It didn't hurt that her ex-husband Patrick Whitesell (along with Ari Emanuel (the brother of former U.S. Rep/Obama and Clinton official/Mayor of Chicago Rahm Emanuel and of Obamacare 'architect'/consultant Dr. Zeke Emanuel)) heads Endeavor, the largest talent agency in the world.

Old 05-02-2022, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

So what's the point?
Quote:
What's the point of living? We're all going to be dead one day.

The point is to try to make the best of life, however you define that to be, before it's time for us to meet our demise.

Not every who is single, is lonely or sexless. Some folks want to be a lone and there's plenty of sex workers out there who they can visit.

I was speaking to the underlying games that go on in what are supposed to be exclusive relationships.

Apart from a few trinkets of affection and some meaningless sex, a cheater may not gain anything by cheating, but they invest nothing, gamble nothing and hope for nothing, so they still come out on top.

I want something real, but that seems more and more to be something that is assigned to the past.

Romance is dead.

Old 05-02-2022, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
LOL, oh, good lord, how utterly absurd and totally unbelievable to the MAX! I don't see how I need to fly all over the world to know it to be a universal world wide held FACT that women are quite mainly highly attracted to men with cute, sexy, masculine faces far more than anything else.
Then you clearly haven't seen all the ugly, hairy, short, broke, bald, old, fat, foreign men getting plenty of beautiful women half their age in Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Thailand, DR, Eastern Europe, etc.

So yes, you have a lot to learn about what women want and how it changes depending on culture, country, background, age, and status.

Go ahead, keep swiping on those dating apps and wonder why you can't find the love of your life down the street.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
It didn't hurt that her ex-husband Patrick Whitesell (along with Ari Emanuel (the brother of former U.S. Rep/Obama and Clinton official/Mayor of Chicago Rahm Emanuel and of Obamacare 'architect'/consultant Dr. Zeke Emanuel)) heads Endeavor, the largest talent agency in the world.
And her man before that (father to one of her kids) is NFL hall of famer Tony Gonzalez.

The point is she's no stranger to money, and many high demand men would rather have 1 successful top woman instead of 100 gold diggers.

Last edited by Rocko20; 05-02-2022 at 03:47 AM..

Old 05-02-2022, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
There are plenty of single women out there, and the majority of single women are open and even eager to be in a romantic relationship. The difference between now and earlier in history is that they don't NEED it to function. Even besides the social pressures, it wasn't that long ago that a woman couldn't even have a credit card in her own name. So most women aren't going to settle for just any warm body, they want someone who makes them happier together than they are single. There has to be some value added. The thing is, though, that many women can be pretty darn happy single. I'd advise any man looking to improve his chances of a happy LTR to really work on the social and emotional skills and awareness necessary to be a good friend, partner, and lover. Learn to be the kind of person who builds those around them up, not the kind of person who drains them.

I also think the average man isn't super realistic about what the average woman looks like, and many are blind to a pretty large portion of the potential dating pool around them as a result. Might need to adjust some expectations in that department as well if you're realistically going to find someone available and compatible.

These days, they can't even keep a soft rock station on the air, so I disagree that there are a lot of women eager for a romantic relationship.

The fact is that women changed (men too), and not in a good way (imho).

Try to name the current top love song or romantic comedy.

There is no "At Last" or "When Harry Met Sally" in the 21st Century.

"They don’t write ’em like they used to? Well, maybe not as often as they used to — look at the top of the Billboard charts in the 20th century and chances are you won’t find nearly as high a percentage of love songs as you might have decades earlier."

https://www.billboard.com/lists/best...sh-ocean-eyes/

Old 05-02-2022, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
There are plenty of single women out there, and the majority of single women are open and even eager to be in a romantic relationship.
That's a simple view of the dating market.

No one wants the single women who are unattractive, old, overweight, obese, previous kids, etc, everyone wants the attractive young beautiful fit ones. (I'm generalizing here to make a point that not every single woman is in high demand, obviously)

So now you have the single women who are in high demand. Why would she need to date you, me, or anyone else? She can get any man she wants. How extraordinarily good would you have to be, physically and financially, to consistently attract dates from high demand women?

So the odds are simply not in your favor, and won't be in your favor, ever. Your best bet is to do some traveling. Or you can stick to using dating apps and hope you can find one.

Old 05-02-2022, 04:53 AM

7,240 posts, read 4,548,286 times
Quote:
That's a simple view of the dating market.

No one wants the single women who are unattractive, old, overweight, obese, previous kids, etc, everyone wants the attractive young beautiful fit ones. (I'm generalizing here to make a point that not every single woman is in high demand, obviously)
So now you have the single women who are in high demand. Why would she need to date you, me, or anyone else? She can get any man she wants. How extraordinarily good would you have to be, physically and financially, to consistently attract dates from high demand women?
So the odds are simply not in your favor, and won't be in your favor, ever. Your best bet is to do some traveling. Or you can stick to using dating apps and hope you can find one.
This right here.

This is the crux of the problem.

There is about 30% of each gender dating each other -- everyone else just has to sit it out.

Marriages and Relationships became only about "love" which lets face it is really desire.

There used to be s system to take care of about 70% of the people, due to marriage, which had safeguards for both. So even ugly fat people were accepted. Because it wasn't all about desire.

If you didn't find anyone you desired you would take someone who was "ok" because you got other things out of it. The guy got sex when he wanted and children and a life partner that made me a social person... the woman got cared for = for life (by law) and didn't really have to work. There was a whole lot more to it.

And on the subject of dating apps... they have complete scams. The only people left on those things are scammers, rapists, and killers.

Someone needs to start a dating app that does what it is supposed to do, provide real humans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies