Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2022, 11:43 AM

234 posts, read 95,459 times

Advertisements

OP is ten steps behind the curve. The global communists want to eliminate the concept of gender. "Men" and "Women" are no longer terms with any meaning (according to them).

Old 05-02-2022, 11:48 AM

2,953 posts, read 992,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
The average man in the middle-ages was a malnourished serf standing five and a half feet tall. If we look at photos of men from the 30s and 40s, we do not see legions of jacked, iron-jawed, neo-Spartan warriors, but a bunch of stick-armed, buck-tooth hayseeds. Yet, these men all had loyal and dutiful wives. Why? Because back in those times, there was a minimum level of decent conduct expected from and enforced in women. Now, women are encouraged and incentivized to behave in the worst and most destructive ways possible. Now, men are more dedicated than ever to "self improvement," hitting the gym, making money, "looksmaxxing" (as it's called), etc, and what do they get in return? Women treat them with more coldness, aloofness, and rudeness than ever before.
I'm not buying it. There are shallow vapid TikTok droids of both sexes but there is nowhere near the statistical justification for generalizing those traits to "women" as a whole. I'm not totally out of touch with what young people are like. Four daughters with lots of friends who are fixtures in our household. I have a pretty decent idea. I'm actually way more critical of young men than I am the young women I see and know. To be frank I'm dismally disappointed with the guys. A devolution of the fundamentals (not looks or height or superficialities) that have a lot to do with making males men. No skills, no capabilities, no toughness or resiliency, diminished work ethic, little breadth of life experience ... lots of the things that make the foundations for wisdom, strength, patience, decisiveness, stability and self-confidence. The important things that made those buck-tooth hayseeds of our past men. Men that weren't necessarily pretty but were still desired by women. Oftentimes not so handsome hayseeds that weathered the great depression and fought the second world war. That kind of guy isn't scorned by most young women today. That's not what I see in my world. I think your narrative is wrong.

Old 05-02-2022, 11:52 AM

21,932 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Please explain. I pointed out that if there are a certain number of lonely, sexless males, then there are an equal number of lonely, sexless females. How am I wrong?

Are you saying that only the men are lonely, but the women are happy being single? Somehow I doubt that.
I think you are correct. It think women are unhappy, too.

Old 05-02-2022, 11:54 AM

1,719 posts, read 2,739,613 times
I don't know if it is because I'm a straight male, but I find a lot of women to be cute and good-looking. However, most men don't appear to me as attractive in numbers as there are females. What I'm saying essentially is is that there are more good-looking women (by far) than good-looking men.

Old 05-02-2022, 11:56 AM

21,932 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
People are too busy mating with their cellphones. Human beings are a distraction.
Nailed it.

Old 05-02-2022, 11:58 AM

4,218 posts, read 2,457,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
I'm not buying it. There are shallow vapid TikTok droids of both sexes but there is nowhere near the statistical justification for generalizing those traits to "women" as a whole. I'm not totally out of touch with what young people are like. Four daughters with lots of friends who are fixtures in our household. I have a pretty decent idea. I'm actually way more critical of young men than I am the young women I see and know. To be frank I'm dismally disappointed with the guys. A devolution of the fundamentals (not looks or height or superficialities) that have a lot to do with making males men. No skills, no capabilities, no toughness or resiliency, diminished work ethic, little breadth of life experience ... lots of the things that make the foundations for wisdom, strength, patience, decisiveness, stability and self-confidence. The important things that made those buck-tooth hayseeds of our past men. Men that weren't necessarily pretty but were still desired by women. Oftentimes not so handsome hayseeds that weathered the great depression and fought the second world war. That kind of guy isn't scorned by most young women today. That's not what I see in my world. I think your narrative is wrong.
Men are merely a product of their physical and cultural environment, as well as their upbringing.

You're saying all these negative things about the new generation of young men, but what does that say about the generation who raised them (ie, your generation, most likely).

Old 05-02-2022, 11:58 AM

9,504 posts, read 4,340,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
where do you live that long bearded men in tiny suits are common?
One bearded man in a tiny suit is one too many. Sometimes, younger generations try too hard to differentiate themselves and just end up looking silly. I think most people recognize silly, attention-getting trends for what they are and don't fall for them. This has been happening forever. In the 1970's, we had outlandish bell-bottoms. The 80's had outlandish big hair. The 90's had too much neon. You get the picture. The current obsession with beards is bad enough, but when coupled with ill-fitting suits, it's a bit too much.

Old 05-02-2022, 11:59 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,033,548 times
Quote:
Fully legalizing prostitution would be the most simple thing governments and societies could do help alleviate this problem, and it would cost nothing (they could even benefit from the additional tax revenue). It will never happen though. The liberal feminists and the conservative puritans are strongly allied to see that prostitution never becomes legalized, and instead remains the shady, sketchy, underground black market industry it is now.
This won't solve the problem for men like yourself. It's just passing the buck and laying responsibility on women as an excuse for having no self-discipline and no personal sense of direction. Even if prostitution is legalized everywhere, it still means that young men are placing all their dependence on the shoulders of women to satisfy the mens' primitive animal urges and desires when they should be sublimating their primitive urges and channeling them in constructive ways.

Go join the military or peace corp or whatever, learn some real discipline and do something constructive with all that primal energy. Take responsibility for yourselves and stop being suckling momma's boys wanting women to be responsible for the well being of your mind and your sexual urges.

Old 05-02-2022, 12:01 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,959,283 times
Quote:
No, it's not a substitute for a relationship, just as a hotel/motel is not a substitute for an actual apartment to live in. But if you're homeless, staying in a hotel/motel is certainly far better than freezing outside in the cold.

If a guy wants to pay a hooker to service him, he should not have to travel hundreds or thousands of miles to do so. It should be just as easy and legal as ordering a pizza. It makes no sense to have OnlyScams be completely legal, but real, honest prostitution completely illegal....
But that won't solve the problem any more than blow up dolls or robots would. It's not an intimate relationship. It's more like a shampoo and a hair cut.

Why not just bite the bullet and approach women? It's scary and you have to expect a lot of rejection, but you get better with practice, like learning to hit a baseball. But if you get one date out of a dozen tries you are still better off. If you get one girlfriend out of a dozen dates, you are still better off. If you find one life partner out of a dozen girlfriends you are better off. You learn more from your failures than you do from your success. But they are necessary to eventually succeed, if that is your goal.

Old 05-02-2022, 12:09 PM

4,218 posts, read 2,457,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
But that won't solve the problem any more than blow up dolls or robots would. It's not an intimate relationship. It's more like a hair cut and a shampoo.

Why not just bite the bullet and approach women? It's scary and you have to expect a lot of rejection, but you get better with practice, like learning to hit a baseball. But if you get one date out of a dozen tries you are still better off. If you get one girlfriend out of a dozen dates, you are still better off.
Do you understand that, even if a man has the temperament to approach women, the cultural landscape is making this increasingly difficult? How old are you? Are you a boomer who met his wife back in 1968 at a school dance? Because you seem that out of touch. I've seen/heard of guys being badly humiliated, or even getting into trouble with the law, for approaching women. The MeToo culture, the modern sexual assault/sexual harassment hysteria, as well as ubiquitous internet, has made approaching women IRL an increasingly non-viable option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies