Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2022, 06:14 PM

4,218 posts, read 2,457,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
Women in the singles realm in America tend to be rather stuck up, jaded, disdainful, and void of trust.
You need an emotional suit of armor about three inches thick when attempting to deal romantically/intimately with the cold and aloof harpies of today. Is it even worth it?

Old 05-06-2022, 06:23 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,626,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I know I've seen a lot of women on social media say that they will not have sex with a man at all, if they live in a state that banned abortion, just on principle.
I really, really hope that such people are fringe outliers. Because, when you think about it, such people are selfish idiots. If such a woman doesn't want to have sex with a pro-life man, so be it. But how can any reasonably intelligent person blame every male in her state if the government of that state banned abortion? And what does it say about a woman who will only have sex if she has legalized abortion available to clean up after her promiscuity?

I realize that the vast majority of women who say such vapid things are all talk and no action, but in this case, I really do wish that they would back up their words and refrain from having sex. It would do the men of their state a big favor if they did.

Old 05-06-2022, 08:21 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I really, really hope that such people are fringe outliers. Because, when you think about it, such people are selfish idiots. If such a woman doesn't want to have sex with a pro-life man, so be it. But how can any reasonably intelligent person blame every male in her state if the government of that state banned abortion? And what does it say about a woman who will only have sex if she has legalized abortion available to clean up after her promiscuity?

I realize that the vast majority of women who say such vapid things are all talk and no action, but in this case, I really do wish that they would back up their words and refrain from having sex. It would do the men of their state a big favor if they did.

People say a lot of stuff. Talk is cheap. I guarantee you they are having sex. People like to put on a public image they portray, then people like to lead a double life and when confronted about it, "meh privacy!" ... almost all people do this to some degree. It was absolutely necessary as part of our evolution because cultural mores often conflict with our evolutionary drives and urges. Go outside the herd and challenge the people in charge and you were apt to have a (not so) surprise beheading. Still, I'd take what they say with a grain of salt. It's total BS.

Old 05-06-2022, 09:17 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
...this isn’t about getting laid … anybody can get laid. OK? The most clueless, awkward dude, having no interpersonal skills whatsoever with females can have sex on demand, with a phone in one hand and $150 in the other, and she will arrive almost as fast as a Domino’s pizza. Jesus Christ.
Good grief, you're so wrong it's ridiculous, unless you're thinking of Las Vegas.

Old 05-06-2022, 10:42 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Women in the singles realm in America tend to be rather stuck up, jaded, disdainful, and void of trust. l
I don't think the majority of single women can be characterized like that. For the ones that can be, though, then they suffer from a lifetime of emotional scars inflicted upon them ever since high school. The scars will never fully heal. Back then, they were regarded as so homely and ugly faced that they could never get a date. Thoughtless boys and girls both came out to them and told them right in their faces that they were ugly. If she also had an overly huge nose, she was called "the beak". Such pitiful women can never get a good man and should find companionship and love from pets. Pets don't judge how attractive a woman's face is when she cares for them well. Many homely women know that quite well. That's why the cat lady is so often homely and ugly. There is the lonely male version of that explanation as well.

Old 05-07-2022, 06:55 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I don't think the majority of single women can be characterized like that. For the ones that can be, though, then they suffer from a lifetime of emotional scars inflicted upon them ever since high school. The scars will never fully heal. Back then, they were regarded as so homely and ugly faced that they could never get a date. Thoughtless boys and girls both came out to them and told them right in their faces that they were ugly. If she also had an overly huge nose, she was called "the beak". Such pitiful women can never get a good man and should find companionship and love from pets. Pets don't judge how attractive a woman's face is when she cares for them well. Many homely women know that quite well. That's why the cat lady is so often homely and ugly. There is the lonely male version of that explanation as well.
You should know, you have a fixation.

I'm not saying this to be mean or trollish. I don't dislike you, and I mean this sincerely, talking to someone might help.

Old 05-07-2022, 07:37 AM

27,564 posts, read 28,659,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
You need an emotional suit of armor about three inches thick when attempting to deal romantically/intimately with the cold and aloof harpies of today. Is it even worth it?
Have you tried going to college or getting into a professional career?

I think more exposure to the outside world can help in what you’re seeking.

Old 05-07-2022, 07:51 AM

7,922 posts, read 3,462,774 times
Quote:
Lol. Hilarious. I could give two sh**s when people cry about men being dogs. Think I’ve known like one in 40 years. It’s all horse manure. I’ve been cheated on 5 different times by five different women throughout my years. Just about all of the men I have known throughout my lifetime have been wonderful, caring, loving, good hearted people that usually wanted a committed loving relationship. I am talking strictly about women in the singles realm. I am not referring to women who are not in the singles realm. Women in the singles realm in America tend to be rather stuck up, jaded, disdainful, and void of trust. What does Stone all over the dating sites soaking up all the attention. Lmao. Slice and dice it as you wish. There is not a politically correct bone in my body. Men get a bad rep here in America. It’s absolute horse manure, save for some. That I realize. But we all know every divorce that has ever occurred is the fault of the guy. We all realize that. Lol
LOL yes sir...women may initiate 70% of divorces but 100% of them are the man's fault!

Old 05-07-2022, 08:23 AM

7,922 posts, read 3,462,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I know I've seen a lot of women on social media say that they will not have sex with a man at all, if they live in a state that banned abortion, just on principle.
That's all well and good but I can tell you in my household I am the pro abortion one and my wife is the anti abortion one, so diff'rent strokes and all that.

Old 05-07-2022, 09:01 AM

20,390 posts, read 14,656,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post

"blame every male in her state?"

Your anger and condemnation of this position is very interesting.

As though a woman choosing not to have sex with men is punishing men, but making a woman carry, birth, and raise a child (possibly alone, possibly with no resources, possibly having to not only suffer but watch her child suffer)...that is not "punishment?"

A man gives up a night of sex. OUTRAGE.
A woman may have to sacrifice the rest of her life. Shrug.

Though since you appear to condemn "promiscuity"...I guess you mean it's an outrage that any woman might not want to get married and have babies?

Because no birth control, other than abstinence, is 100%. We're not even allowed, most of the time, to get sterilized if we don't want kids, unless/until we've reached a certain age (preferably too old to safely have them) AND have already had some.

You seem really big mad that some women do not want to be breeders. For men who may or may not even stick around to help. How selfish of us. It would be a "big favor" to men if women who don't consent to breed kids they may or may not feel able to raise, would just not have sex, harrumph, huh? Well.

But the one thing I do agree with is that these kinds of principled stances are rarely the basis of people's actual choices. Young women sometimes have a hard time getting by on their own and of her given options, it will often be more reliable to count on a partner to not flake on rent, than a friend/roommate. We all crave connection and love. And you just don't get a relationship with a man, most of the time, without sex being involved. Hell. We like sex, too.

Of course men also like to sneer and scowl at us for making decisions based on our "emotions"...and very often for daring to enjoy sex for any other reason than helping a man pass on his name and genes.

Fun fact. I've never been a rich person, in fact for much of my younger years, I was quite poor. But I have done the work to get pretty solid estimates on how much was earned and spent on what, throughout my adult life. Raising two kids, has cost me over a million dollars and counting. And they did not go to private schools, I didn't pay for their college, neither had braces or serious special needs. I didn't pay for any trips abroad or extravagant luxuries. Even their births were uncomplicated and fully covered by insurance at the time. Childcare alone was more than my rent, for years. I've gone hungry so that they could eat. I've endured abuse so that they could have a father. And sometimes I regret having ever met him or had them at all. I was still, financially, one of the lucky ones, but I might be a million dollars richer if I'd never had them. And that's before we even consider the TIME and energy factors. I dropped out of college because of the demands of my full time job and full time household responsibilities.

And what great thing did I contribute to the world, here? Two young men who can't hold jobs, couldn't hang in college, are struggling to survive, one of whom has schizophrenia and probably won't make it to see 30. I gave up so much I could have accomplished, traded it for what? Oh, but hey, a man got to have sex a bunch of times. Guess maybe that makes it all worthwhile?

And we WERE using protection, by the way. It failed.

A pro choice man's contribution can get you just as pregnant as a pro life man's can.

So yeah, frankly? If a woman lives in one of these states where there is no recourse, no last line of defense against unwanted pregnancy... While I don't know if she can hold herself to it, she's got every right to decide that sex with men ain't worth it.

And as I said before about the political/economic factors to this...if people actually want that to change, then maybe we need to start considering how parenthood could be a less punishing and thankless sacrifice for people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies