Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2022, 03:06 AM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Right! Sounds very true to me. Focusing on something else can mean adopting a loving pet from the local humane society animal shelter. That new pet won't care how adorably cute your face is, or how witty and humorous your personality is, or how greatly rich you are, just so long as you treat it good with the needs and comforts of life.
Neither will countless potential foreign partners.

Plenty of old, ugly, fat, short, bald, broke western men have countless women because they simply got on a plane.

Believe it or not, there are countries where women don't care how short, fat, ugly, or non-funny you are. Only that you can treat them good.

Old 06-01-2022, 03:15 AM

439 posts, read 290,069 times
Well, I am 36 and wife 46 and couldn't be happier, lots of the younger girls are crazy and spend spend their time on social media, really love being with a nice mature woman that wasn't born in this digital/social media age lol.

Old 06-01-2022, 08:12 PM

4,218 posts, read 2,458,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
....but I believe we are heading for an extremely destabilized future.
My little prediction coming true before my very eyes....

Old 06-02-2022, 10:10 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,596,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Neither will countless potential foreign partners.

Plenty of old, ugly, fat, short, bald, broke western men have countless women because they simply got on a plane.

Believe it or not, there are countries where women don't care how short, fat, ugly, or non-funny you are. Only that you can treat them good.
I hear this a lot from dudes who spend a lot of time on MRA sites and some would consider these men incel's depending on who you ask. I mean there is nothing going to another country to find somebody, but I find too many American dudes think everything will be a walk in the park with women if they just go to another country. Many of these dudes feel entitled to a woman, a decent looking woman at the least, simply because these men deem themselves to be "nice guys". I also found many of these dudes primarily want a servant and not a real partner, and many have also been disappointed when the foreign brides they flew over had much bigger backbones than they expected!!

Old 06-02-2022, 10:23 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
I hear this a lot from dudes who spend a lot of time on MRA sites and some would consider these men incel's depending on who you ask. I mean there is nothing going to another country to find somebody, but I find too many American dudes think everything will be a walk in the park with women if they just go to another country. Many of these dudes feel entitled to a woman, a decent looking woman at the least, simply because these men deem themselves to be "nice guys". I also found many of these dudes primarily want a servant and not a real partner, and many have also been disappointed when the foreign brides they flew over had much bigger backbones than they expected!!
Every once in a while, I'll watch an episode of 90 Day Fiancé just because it's interesting to watch the inevitable clash of cultures. It's a reality show based on US citizens seeking to marry a foreigner and bring them to the US. Once the foreigner is in the US, the couple has 90 days to get married or the foreigner gets deported.

Without exception, ALL of the foreign female fiancés assume their American future husband is rich, and they become quite demanding of having a LOT of money spent on them. Well... they aren't rich. They're just looking abroad because American women aren't interested in them. You should see the temper tantrums these women throw when they find out they're NOT going to get the life of luxury they expected and to which they fully believe they're entitled.

Old 06-02-2022, 10:43 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,596,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Every once in a while, I'll watch an episode of 90 Day Fiancé just because it's interesting to watch the inevitable clash of cultures. It's a reality show based on US citizens seeking to marry a foreigner and bring them to the US. Once the foreigner is in the US, the couple has 90 days to get married or the foreigner gets deported.

Without exception, ALL of the foreign female fiancés assume their American future husband is rich, and they become quite demanding of having a LOT of money spent on them. Well... they aren't rich. They're just looking abroad because American women aren't interested in them. You should see the temper tantrums these women throw when they find out they're NOT going to get the life of luxury they expected and to which they fully believe they're entitled.
Yup, I definitely believe that and have heard so many similar things happen as well. Those men and women are in for a rude awakening when it all boils down. I come from the Caribbean and in many foreign cultures, including mine, it is much more family oriented than the United States. Many American men who marry these mail-order type brides are often shocked by this and get highly upset by their spouses sending a lot of money "home" or letting relatives live with them for prolonged periods of time!!

Old 06-02-2022, 12:33 PM

4,218 posts, read 2,458,246 times
It's not even that women these days are only interested in Chads™ or that they only want Alpha Males™, or that they're all chasing the "Top 1, 5, 10, or 20 percent" of guys. It's just that they increasingly don't care.

A MAJORITY of single women in America are not looking for marriage, a committed relationship, or casual sex. They're just not interested.

https://www.pewresearch.org/social-t...last-10-years/

Quote:
Half of single adults – and a majority of single women – are not on the dating market

Fully half of single adults say they are not currently looking for a relationship or dates. Among those who are on the dating market, about half are open to either a committed relationship or casual dates.

Single men are far more likely than single women to be looking for a relationship or dates – 61% vs. 38%.
This study is right in line with my IRL observations.

And this study was done in 2019, pre-Covid. I'm sure it's significantly worse now.

Old 06-02-2022, 12:50 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
My little prediction coming true before my very eyes....
Because some guys can't get a date?

Old 06-02-2022, 01:01 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times
Quote:
It's not even that women these days are only interested in Chads™ or that they only want Alpha Males™, or that they're all chasing the "Top 1, 5, 10, or 20 percent" of guys. It's just that they increasingly don't care.

A MAJORITY of single women in America are not looking for marriage, a committed relationship, or casual sex. They're just not interested.

https://www.pewresearch.org/social-t...last-10-years/

This study is right in line with my IRL observations.

And this study was done in 2019, pre-Covid. I'm sure it's significantly worse now.
I was listening to a new novel the other day called “Part of Your World” by Abby Jimenez. She writes cutesy “romantic comedies” that are normally well done. (I typically like historical novels or thrillers but these were a nice change of pace).

Not this book. It was full of misandry. One of the opening lines was about “mantrum’s”, and about how white men are so sensitive when they don’t get their own way. Another line: “men are two things: consistent and disappointing.” Then a whole paragraph about how guys like to shove foreign objects into their rears and “why is it always guys who do this?”

I returned the book and won’t buy any more from this author.

But what was really eye opening to me was how many 5 star reviews this book has. This is apparently what younger women want now…this is what they find funny and romantic. I come from a perspective that love and romance means cherishing each other and respecting each other. Now it’s about mocking men! BUT there is also endless moaning because you can’t find a man who treats you right.

Women have lost the plot.

Old 06-02-2022, 02:06 PM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
More anecdotal evidence of increasing perpetual loneliness amongst men. This poll came up in my YouTube feed:

https://ibb.co/ZzJf2qc

A fitness channel with a predominantly young male audience, asking viewers how often they go on dates. Of the 312K people who voted, a whopping 85% responded that they rarely or never go on dates.
That reminds me of Annie Hall. Analyst asks how often do you have sex? Wife-All the time! Maybe twice a week. Husband-Almost never. Only a couple times a week.

Rarely or never could be a very broad range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies