Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2022, 03:08 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,982,242 times

Advertisements

For introverts, its not a big deal. Most people are selfish, arrogant, entitled pricks today. Who wants to hang out with them? You're better off hanging out with no one than cancerous personalities

Old 04-30-2022, 03:08 PM

4,232 posts, read 2,454,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
It doesn't help that the liberal culture seems bent on denigrating men, especially white men, at every turn. Mansplaining. Manspreading. Misogyny. Toxic masculinity. Women are being taught to avoid being with men (other than for casual sex, if that) and they will be better off without them. When women see men not as complimentary mates but as dangerous enemies, of course they'll avoid them. Decent, honorable men are tarred with the pathologies of the few. And men come to the conclusion that there's no incentive for them to behave decently and honorably, since they're not going to get a woman anyway, and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Conservative philosophy, which sees men and women as complimentary instead of combative, would seem to make for better relations between the sexes. I wonder if conservative men and women are having as much trouble connecting with each other as liberal men and women seem to be.
I agree that liberalism and feminist culture which trains females to see men as either patriarchal oppressors, dangerous vermin, or useless competition, exacerbates this problem, but is also not solely to blame. Japan is not a particularly 'liberal' nation, nor do they have a dominant feminist political movement in the way that Western nations do, yet they are experiencing these phenomena to an even greater degree.

Last edited by Taggerung; 04-30-2022 at 03:17 PM..

Old 04-30-2022, 03:11 PM

4,653 posts, read 4,966,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I don’t get how this can be just about young men. Statistically there are more women than men, so for every lonely, sexless male there has to be a lonely, sexless female. I get that in modern society it can be hard to meet others, but again it cuts both ways. You are concerned that “Isolated men with no access to sex, affection, or intimacy, become apathetic, nihilistic, disruptive.... and destructive.” So what do isolated women with no access to sex, affection or intimacy do?
That is not how it works. Not at all.

Old 04-30-2022, 03:13 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,520,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I think men would get more action if they stopped wearing suits that were too small and sporting long, disgusting beards. I wouldn't mate with that.
where do you live that long bearded men in tiny suits are common?

7,234 posts, read 4,541,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
I agree that liberalism and feminist culture which trains females to see men as either patriarchal oppressors, dangerous vermin, or useless competition, exacerbates this problem, but is also not solely to blame. Japan is not a particularly 'liberal' nation, nor do they have a dominant feminist political movement in the way that Western nations do, yet they are experiencing so these phenomena to an even greater degree.
I don't know if you saw the same documentary I did on you tube about this.. one of the girls said something to the effect of *people are too much trouble* and I thought that was bang on.

I think a BIG problem is that we have lost manners. So when you meet someone new you have no social guarentee that they will behave in a normal / safe way. People are disengaging from others because they are so all over the place.

But I think a push to have common manners would help people more, as they would be willing to go out and meet people because they could be sure they woudn't come home insulted or feeling bad about themselves.

6,895 posts, read 5,854,763 times
There are plenty of single women out there, and the majority of single women are open and even eager to be in a romantic relationship. The difference between now and earlier in history is that they don't NEED it to function. Even besides the social pressures, it wasn't that long ago that a woman couldn't even have a credit card in her own name. So most women aren't going to settle for just any warm body, they want someone who makes them happier together than they are single. There has to be some value added. The thing is, though, that many women can be pretty darn happy single. I'd advise any man looking to improve his chances of a happy LTR to really work on the social and emotional skills and awareness necessary to be a good friend, partner, and lover. Learn to be the kind of person who builds those around them up, not the kind of person who drains them.

I also think the average man isn't super realistic about what the average woman looks like, and many are blind to a pretty large portion of the potential dating pool around them as a result. Might need to adjust some expectations in that department as well if you're realistically going to find someone available and compatible.

Old 04-30-2022, 03:15 PM

908 posts, read 440,855 times
The situation with respect to this issue doesn't seem nearly that grim to me personally , but then again I have not set foot in the USA since 2004 , so all these claims regarding dating/sex life written by my fellow male compatriots living back home may very well be true for all I know .

Here in East Central Europe a sort of intermediate state between progress and traditionalism in relation to this issue exists , with male-female relations in general not being either truly progressive or traditional IMHO .

As such in so many words I'd say that entering into a relationship with a woman here who's " wife material " from the redpill male perspective probably isn't any easier than in countries further to the west , while getting attention from women in general is probably much easier as long as you have your house in order , at least if the situation in Western countries is really as bad as men with a redpill perspective claim it is .

All in all I don't really buy into a good bit of the philosophy of redpill fellows , for a variety of reasons much likely beyond the scope of this thread , but I do agree that contemporary notions of gender relations closely following the progressive model have serious flaws .

Which could be potentially rectified by a return of sorts to more traditionalist gender norms , though I'm very much of the opinion that such change should strictly occur at the societal level in an organic grassroots way as opposed to coming about as the result of state fiat .

Last edited by William Blakeley; 04-30-2022 at 03:26 PM..

Old 04-30-2022, 03:20 PM

4,232 posts, read 2,454,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Over my pay grade.

But...

1. Men have to change. Yes, you do have to court the women. You have to stop playing the video games. You have to pretend to like what she likes. You have to have a job. You have to keep the job. You have to clean the house up to the women's standards. You have to stop cheating when you get the opportunity and women have to be safe in relationships.

2. I think we have to accept that the current model isn't working and that taboo things such as - arranged marriages, platonic marriages need to be considered.

3. Women have to stop handing out sex without marriage. It causes all sorts of problems but one of them is cutting down womens enticement to date. Not only does it put pressure on her to have sex with a total stranger but it puts women in a vunerable spot where they can be easy pickens for a dangerous killer. When women ended the night at their front door there were less killings. This also allows for easier cheating for irresponsible men.

Everything should be done to encourage men and women to choose marriage / stable relationship at a young age and have sex with just that one person.. / raise kids / and be happy about it.

What we have now is the "empowerment" lie which empowers no one.
All this world require a massive cultural shift that would take decades, if not generations.

Old 04-30-2022, 03:22 PM

18,425 posts, read 8,256,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I think men would get more action if they stopped wearing suits that were too small and sporting long, disgusting beards. I wouldn't mate with that.
...and look like some fat walking etch-a-sketch

Old 04-30-2022, 03:25 PM

7,234 posts, read 4,541,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
All this world require a massive cultural shift that would take decades, if not generations.
Oh you were looking for a quick fix?

I hate to say it but in the short term men will just have to accept their situation. It isn't going to change anytime soon, if at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.