Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2022, 07:35 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,858,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Have the Ukraine leaders became Nazi's?

I have heard many times in recent weeks the claim that Ukraine has become Nazi, and that is being used as the excuse for invading them. I was watching today English translations of Russian widows lamenting the deaths of their husbands fighting those Nazis.

One of my neighbors loves Bernie Sanders, he quotes Sanders a lot. Every time I see him quoting Sanders it is routinely promoting political policies from the 1930 Nazi platform. So I have shown him that everything he is saying is purely from the 1930 Nazi platform. He insists that Sanders is not a Nazi, even though everything coming from his mouth is expressing the Nazi platform. The only current politician that I see who is currently pushing the old Nazi platform is that one individual. It blew me away the first time that I googled the Nazi platform and read it comparing the ideas of Bernie Sanders to the ideas of Hitler.

Is that really what is motivating the Russian invasion?
Do you mean the 1920 Nazi party platform from the Weimar Period?
This one:
https://www.facinghistory.org/weimar...arty-platforms

Because the NSDAP never had a 1930 party platform and it’s hard to look at the one from 1920 and make an earnest argument that the points line up well with those of Bernie Sanders.

Besides, what does any of this have to do with Ukraine? Ukraine is a corrupt but functional, peaceful democracy being invaded and destroyed by a right-wing totalitarian oligarchy and kleptocracy headed by a madman who is willing to go nuclear rather than lose face and admit Russia pissed its future away. The invaders are the proud descendants of the Soviet SSR, and Imperial Russia before that. I know that this political entity has murdered more people in 100 years, including its own, than any other regime in history, including Communist China, Nazi Germany, and Imperial Japan. If Imperial Japan had more time, they might have been able to catch up, but 100 years of Soviet/Russian murder and tyranny has left quite a legacy.

Now go find some more “proof” that liberalism is the same as Nazism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2022, 07:36 PM

2,354 posts, read 1,151,653 times
I have to admit that I can't think of many Nazi Jews out there. Must be a small club.

Old 04-30-2022, 07:40 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,858,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedster24 View Post
I have to admit that I can't think of many Nazi Jews out there. Must be a small club.
It doesn’t have to make sense or be true if it makes the other side look bad. This has apparently become a zero-sum game for some in the US.

Old 04-30-2022, 07:42 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,985,438 times
Quote:

I think just the kid in the Movie "The Believer" . Great movie that was

Old 04-30-2022, 07:47 PM

29,817 posts, read 24,898,335 times
Putin and Russia propaganda will have you believe Ukraine is the victim of some sort of occupation, and it's the duty of Russian patriots to reunify it with the sacred motherland. Yes, Russian propaganda is pretty lame. So lame that they will try to convince you that Ukraine, a country whose leader is Jewish, is a modern day Nazi state. It doesn't make sense, no matter how you try to spin, but oh do they try...

I wonder if Putin is just copying the west with the lame propaganda that was pushed on CNN recently. You know... Lies like Putin got Trump elected, which were reported as fact by the lame stream media. I'm sure that one got his attention. Anyways, it's obvious that he detects weakness in the west and is taking full advantage of that. He doesn't need a reason. How many civilians did the USA kill in Iraq unnecessarily? Reasons like that are why Putin is really doing what he is doing, and I believe he's already come out and said as much. 2 wrongs don't make a right, but I don't think he is interested in diplomatic solutions to his wants and desires.

This is why we don't like dictators. You cannot reason with them. Even their own people cannot reason with them

Old 04-30-2022, 08:05 PM

1,838 posts, read 676,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidified View Post
I doubt Sanders is a Nazi. He's just a communist. Ukraine has a Nazi problem more than usual because it is institutionalized. They glorify Ukrainian Nazi collaborators which killed thousands of Jews. Bandera is a national hero. These people were Nazi SS henchmen when Germany invaded. However it wasn't the main reason for the invasion. NATO was. The Nazi part is just something to drum up domestic support in Russia.
The consensus here though is Biden as US President was the reason Russia invaded Ukraine.

Old 04-30-2022, 08:43 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidified View Post
I will agree with that. US refused to compromise or negotiate back in Dec 2021 when Russians presented their positions. This is the result. It appears to me now that the globalist establishment, both Neolibs and Neocons removed Trump from office so this war could commence unimpeded. I didn't vote for Trump, but he was clearly against NATO and friendly with Russia and I think he would have worked it out with Putin, whether you like him or not. That wasn't the plan though so he had to go.

And again I have to agree with you, thinking how Trump was shredded during the Ukrainegate.

He was stonewalled by all these Democrat party-affiliated people, that had their own thing going in Ukraine, and they were definitely alarmed by his interference; it was more than just about "Bidens."

Old 04-30-2022, 08:48 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,929,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
In the bizarre, twisted world of the modern American right-wing, the neo-Nazi Putin is the freedom fighter who is invading another country to rid them of Nazis. And the liberal, democratically-elected leader of Ukraine is the actual Nazi (never mind he's Jewish).

In this twisted worldview, Hitler would be the actual freedom-fighter who invaded Poland to rid them of Nazis. And the Anschluss would be like Putin invading Crimea and Donbas to reunite the tragically-separated German or Russian volk.
Exactly. Putin reminds me of our former guy. Whatever he says, you can bet the truth is the opposite.

Old 04-30-2022, 10:06 PM

1,742 posts, read 958,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Have the Ukraine leaders became Nazi's?

I have heard many times in recent weeks the claim that Ukraine has become Nazi, and that is being used as the excuse for invading them. I was watching today English translations of Russian widows lamenting the deaths of their husbands fighting those Nazis.

One of my neighbors loves Bernie Sanders, he quotes Sanders a lot. Every time I see him quoting Sanders it is routinely promoting political policies from the 1930 Nazi platform. So I have shown him that everything he is saying is purely from the 1930 Nazi platform. He insists that Sanders is not a Nazi, even though everything coming from his mouth is expressing the Nazi platform. The only current politician that I see who is currently pushing the old Nazi platform is that one individual. It blew me away the first time that I googled the Nazi platform and read it comparing the ideas of Bernie Sanders to the ideas of Hitler.

Is that really what is motivating the Russian invasion?
If you really think it’s within the realm of possibility that the Ukrainians are Nazis you are either purposely ignorant and gullible or so far down the rabbit hole of conspiracy theories and Russian propaganda that there’s no hope for you.

Old 04-30-2022, 10:17 PM

14,773 posts, read 8,103,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
In the bizarre, twisted world of the modern American right-wing, the neo-Nazi Putin is the freedom fighter who is invading another country to rid them of Nazis. And the liberal, democratically-elected leader of Ukraine is the actual Nazi (never mind he's Jewish).

In this twisted worldview, Hitler would be the actual freedom-fighter who invaded Poland to rid them of Nazis. And the Anschluss would be like Putin invading Crimea and Donbas to reunite the tragically-separated German or Russian volk.
This. Exactly.
Quote:
Yeah, there is that too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies