Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2022, 08:22 AM

16,967 posts, read 12,539,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
North of Washinton Avenue is Ghetto.

The real dividing line is Delmar.

But the Ghetto has spread out and now runs amuck in the downtown business district and many parts of south city.
Is the Forest Park area still nice? Visited there way back when.

Old 05-02-2022, 08:36 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,521,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Not bashing, just telling the truth. They have made areas of the city dangerous.
That is truly antiquated mentality! Its exactly what the Klan used to say decades ago!

Old 05-02-2022, 08:49 AM

19,709 posts, read 10,061,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
That is truly antiquated mentality! Its exactly what the Klan used to say decades ago!
I hope you are being sarcastic. I worked for many older black people and they were afraid of those areas too. The ones that lived in some of the bad areas would not go out after dark. They said that no one, black or white, was safe. Kansas City was the same way. I would imagine that Chicago and many other cities are too.

Old 05-02-2022, 09:01 AM

6,474 posts, read 2,881,495 times
Quote:
I get where you are coming from. TBH, I won't go to 'dangerous' areas if I can help it. And yes, that is usually where projects are, and yes, they are predominantly black there. Since I am in NYC, it's not as common to find dangerous 'white' areas, but I won't speak for those more rural areas.

That said, I would not come here and start spousing off on blacks this and that. One, it's not fair to the 'normal' peaceful black community, who are trapped amongst these thug types. Two, for the very reasons you mentioned. You just end up dividing and pushing away any common ground among the moderate.

People need to take the extra step to differentiate the normal folk from the crazies, just like they wouldn't wanna be lumped in with school shooters and 1800's slave owners.

At least then the conversation can Begin at the Thug element, as opposed to beginning at just being Black. Which will most certainly incite a reactionary response devolving into a caveman shouting match of whataboutisms. Which CD has certainly covered many times over.

Old 05-02-2022, 09:02 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,521,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I hope you are being sarcastic. I worked for many older black people and they were afraid of those areas too. The ones that lived in some of the bad areas would not go out after dark. They said that no one, black or white, was safe. Kansas City was the same way. I would imagine that Chicago and many other cities are too.
Yes, Im aware of that, but in general, the mentality has long been...'as long as it stays in THEIR part of town'...why should I care? (and that applies to both whites and blacks).

Old 05-02-2022, 09:24 AM

25,486 posts, read 18,624,759 times
What is interesting about this thread is that the OP went right over the heads of a number of leftist responders. More evidence that that leftists rarely comprehend or even recognize satire or sarcasm.

Old 05-02-2022, 09:25 AM

23,453 posts, read 17,127,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Another thread bashing blacks. Yep. That will get them to vote for your candidate .
Without the facts the problem will never be solved or even a viable solution approached.

This is why the problem exists to the extent it does. Racist to consider all the variables that must be considered and discussed.

Why do dems, black activists and white liberals use the black community for profit and appearance and do nothing to help???

Why do they treat the black community as a monolith, and try to market a very narrow perspective as being owned by the entire community.

White supremicists?????

Scoreboard, antifa and BLM, NBP vs some off the wall white supremacist group sitting around saying banned words, getting tattoos, and drinking beer. 100, 000 to one, BLM has this game in the bag that merrick garland is holding.. Oh, add in parents who oppose school board policy...they have burned cities and hunted down black men! "Fry em like bacon". B pn B crime skyrocketing and garland looks to white supremacists for cover. DOJ corrupted under obama and biden enough to sadden former agents.

Eric holder under obama said the greatest threat is from domestic terrorists, that was before Biden let in terrorists from all over the world via the abandoned southern border.

Wonder if he phrased it that way to avoid blaming antifa, NBP?

Obama told us terrorism was the result of global warming.

51 intel agents told us HB laptop was russian dis information

Russia calls the intel agency to say Tsarnov was a bad guy. US intel took a look and said, ' nothing to see here', just before the Boston marathon was blown up

ISIS is the JV team

CNN, MSNBC told us it was a mostly peaceful protest in front of a background of burning buildings

K Harris promoted bailing out jailed protesters.

Now we are to believe the same people who claim white supremacists are the existential threat have any credibility??????? Show us evidence! Explain why you can burn down a city, hold it hostage, set a federal building on fire and suffer no consequence..... even as we hear Garland claim no mercy for anyone trying to harm a public servant.

Old 05-02-2022, 09:28 AM

19,709 posts, read 10,061,263 times
Quote:
Yes, Im aware of that, but in general, the mentality has long been...'as long as it stays in THEIR part of town'...why should I care? (and that applies to both whites and blacks).
It would be better for all of us if it could be changed. But no one seems to know how. The Democrats throwing money at it has only made it worse. The war on drugs has also made it worse. Neither party has a solution.

Old 05-02-2022, 09:33 AM

26,348 posts, read 14,962,167 times
That is white privilege. They can violently atta k blacks and the media won't mention race. /s

Old 05-02-2022, 09:37 AM

26,348 posts, read 14,962,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Mayorkas couldn't name a single "white supremacist" terrorist when questioned by Congress earlier this week.

I respect your sarc
He also didn't know if the 42 terrorists on the no fly watch list picked up on the border were released inside the US or not.

The Brandon Administration is a train wreck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies