Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2022, 06:24 PM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,151,892 times

Advertisements

Neither the race nor the political leanings of the perpetrators have been identified, but I have to assume it is white supremacists who are causing all sorts of mayhem in downtown St. Louis. Biden, various cabinet members, AOC, the FBI, CNN/MSNBC talking heads, and others have told us repeatedly of the dangers these folks pose to the nation. We were warned, and failed to heed the warnings.

Now St. Louis is becoming lawless. It bothers me to think that there are blacks living in downtown STL, trying to listen to classical music, at a low volume, in their nice loft apartments, and they have to endure this nonsense in the neighborhood courtesy of white miscreants. Seriously, we gotta do something.

https://www.kmov.com/2022/04/26/city...lated-parties/

Old 05-01-2022, 06:28 PM

1,213 posts, read 567,087 times
White supremacists have rights too. They should be allowed to loot and riot just like everyone else.
Fair is fair.

Old 05-01-2022, 06:37 PM

16,068 posts, read 10,726,642 times
I just spent a week in StL and didn’t see anything that seemed over the top. I heard some loud cars… but that seems fairly common. Street racing is a cheap thrill everywhere until the police step in. I don’t know why you think politics or racial targeting is part of this.

Old 05-01-2022, 06:43 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
One of the biggest crime cesspools in the country, and reaping what it sows.

Old 05-01-2022, 06:50 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
When ever I read "White Supremacists" I usually check out because a hot load of dung is coming next.

You people ruined the word racism a long time ago.

Old 05-01-2022, 06:55 PM

9,368 posts, read 6,967,418 times
all 3 of them?

Old 05-01-2022, 07:01 PM

3,073 posts, read 3,260,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
I just spent a week in StL and didn’t see anything that seemed over the top. I heard some loud cars… but that seems fairly common. Street racing is a cheap thrill everywhere until the police step in. I don’t know why you think politics or racial targeting is part of this.
Great for you, but unless you are claiming that the article is inaccurate or that the folks being interviewed are lying/exaggerating, then your single anecdote doesn't discount the article. Not to mention that you only address a single issue vs the multiple issues raised:

Quote:
Some residents we talked to said they’re concerned with short-term rentals (STR’s) being illegally rented out. Along with massive parties happening in downtown buildings that aren’t regulated.
Quote:
In a press conference Monday, he said 36 cars were broken into, just downtown, between Saturday night and Sunday morning.
Quote:
“A stolen Range Rover gained access to the garage by following another car into the area. The car was later involved in a car accident and recovered the abandoned car on the street,”
No races are mentioned, so your query about how "politics or racial targeting" is a reasonable one. But this isn't just about a few folks "street racing" (and we won't even get into the deaths associated with "cheap thrill" street racing every year).

Old 05-01-2022, 07:30 PM

16,028 posts, read 6,828,406 times
Americans umbilical to Government is Cable.

The best way to take back control of the crazies in
government is to no longer support those that create controversy.

Look at what's happening to Disney.......people stop watching.
Stocks drop.

Look at what happened to CNN+ shuttered after 1 month of no public interest.

Folks are dropping the cable boxes saying no to the media.

\What's next ....Basketball, Baseball,Football...............

When people get fed up ....they stop err...umm...feeding......

Give us less lies, less half truths..............and bring back truthful reporting.

Old 05-01-2022, 07:30 PM

2,353 posts, read 1,149,277 times
Nuns gone wild.
You'd never even suspect.

Old 05-01-2022, 07:34 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,897,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkool View Post
Neither the race nor the political leanings of the perpetrators have been identified, but I have to assume it is white supremacists who are causing all sorts of mayhem in downtown St. Louis. Biden, various cabinet members, AOC, the FBI, CNN/MSNBC talking heads, and others have told us repeatedly of the dangers these folks pose to the nation. We were warned, and failed to heed the warnings.

Now St. Louis is becoming lawless. It bothers me to think that there are blacks living in downtown STL, trying to listen to classical music, at a low volume, in their nice loft apartments, and they have to endure this nonsense in the neighborhood courtesy of white miscreants. Seriously, we gotta do something.

https://www.kmov.com/2022/04/26/city...lated-parties/

Mayorkas couldn't name a single "white supremacist" terrorist when questioned by Congress earlier this week.

I respect your sarc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies