Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2022, 10:01 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Your post makes no sense. If the vaccine was truly safe and effective, why would people need an excuse? It certainly takes less effort to just get the shot then it does to research possible dangers and decide on whats best. If anything, people like you should be thankful people like us are around to do your thinking for you. At least we raise questions that you are too lazy to ask.
Excellent!

Old 05-18-2022, 12:16 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Whether to get vaccinated or not should be an informed decision. People should know of ALL the possible adverse side effects, so they know which they think is THEIR better option. It is better for some people to get vaccinated and better for some people NOT to get vaccinated. But let them have ALL the information to decide for themselves.
With all other medications, every possible side effect is listed, even the rare ones. Why won't they do the same thing with this vaccine? Would I still have been vaccinated if I had known that I might end up with a blood disorder? I don't honestly know for sure. But I should have been told.
As it stands as of today, there is no agency that will be telling people that there is a risk for iron deficiency anemia. Hemolytic anemia, yes, but very rare.

Actually in my long medical experience most patients do not want to know ALL the potential risks. There would always be a long list of rare possibilities, and that would be most confusing. Patients want to know the realistically possible and common risks. Not the one in a million stuff.

Old 05-18-2022, 01:38 PM

19,721 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
As it stands as of today, there is no agency that will be telling people that there is a risk for iron deficiency anemia. Hemolytic anemia, yes, but very rare.

Actually in my long medical experience most patients do not want to know ALL the potential risks. There would always be a long list of rare possibilities, and that would be most confusing. Patients want to know the realistically possible and common risks. Not the one in a million stuff.
I always check out a med. Too many are dangerous to take at the same time. People are stupid if they don't check out possible side effects of a med. It is easy to find.

Old 05-18-2022, 02:48 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
Quote:
I always check out a med. Too many are dangerous to take at the same time. People are stupid if they don't check out possible side effects of a med. It is easy to find.
What is not easy, is to know which side effects are more common and actually seen in practice. Many side effects are listed just as a CYA.

Old 05-18-2022, 09:48 PM

7,636 posts, read 8,709,531 times
CDC's new recommendation for "All" travellers (All, meaning, regardless if you are vaxxed or not---and yet foreigners are required to get vaxxed).

So what difference does vax make? ---Oh, of course there is a difference! The sole difference is: vax is something that is required.

Quote:
Outside of United States:
  • All travelers: Follow destination requirements.
  • All travelers: Consider getting tested as close to the time of departure as possible (no more than 3 days) before your trip.
To the United States:
  • Air passengers (2 years or older): Before boarding a flight to the United States, you must show a negative COVID-19 test result taken no more than 1 day before travel or Documentation of Recovery from COVID-19 in the past 90 days. Foreign nationals have an additional requirement for proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
  • All travelers: Get tested 3-5 days after arrival in the United States.
Within the United States:
  • All travelers: Follow all state, tribal, local, and territorial health recommendations and requirements at your destination.
  • All travelers: Consider getting tested as close to the time of departure as possible (no more than 3 days) before your trip.
  • Get tested after travel if your trip involved situations with greater risk of exposure such as being in crowded places while not wearing a well-fitting mask or respirator.

Old 05-19-2022, 10:33 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
In this rare 2018 study that is available on the internet, they explore the possibilities: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5906799/ While very long, toward the end, they start discussing some serious stuff anyone can understand. It is interesting stuff!

Hopefully, this won't be quoting too much, I pared it down as much as I could without taking away from the "meat" of the paragraph toward the end of the long article.

"Potential safety concerns....local and systemic inflammation, the biodistribution and persistence of expressed immunogen, stimulation of auto-reactive antibodies and potential toxic effects of any non-native nucleotides and delivery system components. A possible concern could be that some mRNA-based vaccine platforms54,166 induce potent type I interferon responses, which have been associated not only with inflammation but also potentially with autoimmunity167,168. ...........Extracellular naked RNA has been shown to increase the permeability of tightly packed endothelial cells and may thus contribute to oedema169. Another study showed that extracellular RNA promoted blood coagulation and pathological thrombus formation170.

So that was 2018, and it was far from ready to hit the market, so...............

I read this at the beginning of the push of the COVID vaccine. I wanted to save this, as many of the articles/studies that I read have disappeared from the internet, but when I downloaded the PDF, it was the one released for the publication in 2021. I was also aware that there was an issue that while "protection" lasted in rats, they felt it was possible that it would not in humans. Thrombosis was also considered a reason that further studies should be conducted.

***FYI: In listing adverse reactions to medications, they list the ones that most often occur. I have a son who had hallucinations from ibuprophen, I thought, "Well, he has finally lost it." The doctor had insisted that my son not take aspirin which normally he had, so I went to the internet, and found that hallucinations can be a side effect. My son is very sensitive to all medications. One MUST do their own research, or live with the consequences of being to lazy/afraid to bother!

Old 05-19-2022, 11:04 AM

19,721 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
In this rare 2018 study that is available on the internet, they explore the possibilities: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5906799/ While very long, toward the end, they start discussing some serious stuff anyone can understand. It is interesting stuff!

Hopefully, this won't be quoting too much, I pared it down as much as I could without taking away from the "meat" of the paragraph toward the end of the long article.

"Potential safety concerns....local and systemic inflammation, the biodistribution and persistence of expressed immunogen, stimulation of auto-reactive antibodies and potential toxic effects of any non-native nucleotides and delivery system components. A possible concern could be that some mRNA-based vaccine platforms54,166 induce potent type I interferon responses, which have been associated not only with inflammation but also potentially with autoimmunity167,168. ...........Extracellular naked RNA has been shown to increase the permeability of tightly packed endothelial cells and may thus contribute to oedema169. Another study showed that extracellular RNA promoted blood coagulation and pathological thrombus formation170.

So that was 2018, and it was far from ready to hit the market, so...............

I read this at the beginning of the push of the COVID vaccine. I wanted to save this, as many of the articles/studies that I read have disappeared from the internet, but when I downloaded the PDF, it was the one released for the publication in 2021. I was also aware that there was an issue that while "protection" lasted in rats, they felt it was possible that it would not in humans. Thrombosis was also considered a reason that further studies should be conducted.

***FYI: In listing adverse reactions to medications, they list the ones that most often occur. I have a son who had hallucinations from ibuprophen, I thought, "Well, he has finally lost it." The doctor had insisted that my son not take aspirin which normally he had, so I went to the internet, and found that hallucinations can be a side effect. My son is very sensitive to all medications. One MUST do their own research, or live with the consequences of being to lazy/afraid to bother!
The bad part is that they are not releasing the side effects to the vaccine. The side effect that I have is still NOT mentioned. They only mention the minor stuff like pain at the injection site, a short mild fever,etc. No mention of the major ones. Most meds do list even the rare side effects.

Old 05-19-2022, 11:05 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
The bad part is that they are not releasing the side effects to the vaccine. The side effect that I have is still NOT mentioned. They only mention the minor stuff like pain at the injection site, a short mild fever,etc. No mention of the major ones. Like you said, ibuprofen lists all of the possible side effects like other meds.
This is how our medical authorities have always dealt with vaccine injuries. Deny, deny, deny, deny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies