Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2022, 06:15 PM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times

Advertisements

Imagine if your 13-year old kid asked if she could get a tattoo and you emphatically said no. Then imagine if you will that your child went to her school counselor and told her she wanted a tattoo but her parents said no, and instead of telling your daughter that there are reasons for her parents objections and tattoos are permanent the counselor took your daughter to a tattoo artist and got her a tattoo and told her to keep it a secret from you.

Literally EVERYONE would be pissed off at this scenario but there are large numbers of people in this country that think it’s just fine for the counselor to help a child socially transition their gender behind a parent’s back. A decision that has lifetime consequences and can lead to high rates of suicide.

That is unacceptable.

Last edited by katygirl68; 05-04-2022 at 06:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2022, 07:13 PM

1,719 posts, read 731,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Being A Christian Daycare doesn't give them any points towards being a more capable facility. First the video is from 2018, second she explains that he's not on the list to represent the child and needs to speak with the director, third he continues to berate her as she continues to say please speak with the Director.

In the associated videos below it 9 months ago someone added inflammatory wording using words like "pushing CRT". Anyone who deals with a school/child care knows that you have to be an authorized adult to receive information on a child, if the teacher had spoke with him about it the legal parent could sue the school.

What the video never answers is why the child was in a dress or what game they are playing but as we so often see the right is going look, look how they are trying to indoctrinate our children! And why was a routine thing like going to talk with the teacher being video taped in such clarity???
There was no attempt on the part of the teacher to genuinely listen to the grandfather and to try to communicate with him. Instead, she gave him the bum's rush, in a very hostile manner.

The teacher would not be in trouble legally if she said in a polite, conciliatory manner:

"I'm listening."
"I hear you."
"I want to help you."
"I'll make sure the director helps you."
"Don't worry, we're here to help you."

She didn't want to help the grandfather. She had no interest in why he was upset. She just wanted to pass the buck and get rid of him.

This video isn't a right wing/conservative attack. I'm a lifelong Dem, and I'm disgusted with the way this teacher handled a situation that was VERY distressing to the grandfather. Of course the video was taped, thankfully with some clarity. It wasn't meant to answer why the grandchild was in a dress. It's not a documentary. Why all the deflection?

A snotty woman who calls herself a teacher was extremely rude and unhelpful to a man who was worried about his grandchild. End of story.

Old 05-04-2022, 08:15 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,085,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentonite View Post
There was no attempt on the part of the teacher to genuinely listen to the grandfather and to try to communicate with him. Instead, she gave him the bum's rush, in a very hostile manner.

The teacher would not be in trouble legally if she said in a polite, conciliatory manner:

"I'm listening."
"I hear you."
"I want to help you."
"I'll make sure the director helps you."
"Don't worry, we're here to help you."

She didn't want to help the grandfather. She had no interest in why he was upset. She just wanted to pass the buck and get rid of him.

This video isn't a right wing/conservative attack. I'm a lifelong Dem, and I'm disgusted with the way this teacher handled a situation that was VERY distressing to the grandfather. Of course the video was taped, thankfully with some clarity. It wasn't meant to answer why the grandchild was in a dress. It's not a documentary. Why all the deflection?

A snotty woman who calls herself a teacher was extremely rude and unhelpful to a man who was worried about his grandchild. End of story.
A total stranger walks in and wants information on a child, he's not on the list, she doesn't know him from Adam and your right she wasn't going to listen. He is not authorized to represent the child there is nothing she can say to him other than explaining that he has to talk to the director and why he has to.

Does he listen, no he wants to confront the teacher with a camera going off while there are other kids present when she simply explained that he needs to talk with the Director. I think she said it politely multiple times and even asked him not to speak in that tone that there are children present, does he listen, no.

These are rules teaches are obliged to operate under, as more and more families are being governed by "court order" the schools and teachers end up being in the middle with none authorized family members trying to obtain information or even taking the child.

The same video with edited messaging listed below was a right wing attack. This video is 4 years old and the original poster presents it as an example to say look what the schools are doing. What deflection, i'm tired of teachers being blamed for everything someone's child does, hears or reads when most of these parents have no idea where they go/do on their smart phones but its the teachers fault.

Old 05-04-2022, 08:40 PM

1,719 posts, read 731,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
A total stranger walks in and wants information on a child, he's not on the list, she doesn't know him from Adam and your right she wasn't going to listen. He is not authorized to represent the child there is nothing she can say to him other than explaining that he has to talk to the director and why he has to.

Does he listen, no he wants to confront the teacher with a camera going off while there are other kids present when she simply explained that he needs to talk with the Director. I think she said it politely multiple times and even asked him not to speak in that tone that there are children present, does he listen, no.

These are rules teaches are obliged to operate under, as more and more families are being governed by "court order" the schools and teachers end up being in the middle with none authorized family members trying to obtain information or even taking the child.

The same video with edited messaging listed below was a right wing attack. This video is 4 years old and the original poster presents it as an example to say look what the schools are doing. What deflection, i'm tired of teachers being blamed for everything someone's child does, hears or reads when most of these parents have no idea where they go/do on their smart phones but its the teachers fault.
We can agree that we disagree on the context of the video. I don't think you and I are going to do otherwise. I specifically judge the video and the people in it, not the poster and his/her comments. There are four teachers in my family and I agree that teachers are blamed for far too much, but teacher blame is another subject entirely.

Old 05-11-2022, 12:51 PM

25,957 posts, read 22,107,325 times
Apparently, the schools are now parenting the children, and even some teachers have an issue with the "woke" crap! "Woke" comes to Kanasas!

https://local12.com/news/nation-worl...-middle-school

"Our suit contends that schools cannot force teachers to promote novel views about gender fluidity and ever-expanding pronoun categories without regard to the First Amendment or due process," said Ricard's attorney, Josh Ney, according to the AP. "Throughout her career, Ms. Ricard has consistently treated every student in her classroom with respect and dignity; unfortunately, the school district has not treated Ms. Ricard with similar good faith or basic fairness."

The article goes on to say that they had no "trans" policy at the time she was suspended, but that it was considered under their "bullying, diversity and inclusion" policy.

In another article on this, I learned that this school has a policy that when a child at school has decided to be another gender that the teacher must not tell the parents. I don't like anything "not tell the parents". When I was in school, I was told by a principal not to go home and tell things to my parents, and this was after they had already called her out on something. I went right back home and told my dad that. A visit by my father to the school board, and I had no problem with that principal after that as he explained how things were going to go down, and one would take him seriously! (I always did!)

So, this was on a military fort and part of the failing Geary County School District (trust me on that), so with middle school kids, I can see the humor in one day I am messing with the teacher and say I am a "he", and the next day, guess what, I'm a "she" again. These kids should have to "declare" a gender that is placed in their student file, and parents should be notified. This detracts from what should be happening at the school. No wonder no one can count or spell anymore, too busy changing genders!

Sadly, for those that truly have gender issues, and there are some, these others make a mockery of it. I mean, if you remember middle school, you know what I mean by making a mockery of something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies