Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should teh US do if Putin drops a nuke on Ukraine?
Nuke Russia 15 35.71%
Cut off aid to Ukraine 7 16.67%
Scold them 11 26.19%
Give nukes to Ukraine 9 21.43%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2022, 01:38 AM

8,927 posts, read 4,632,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese View Post
Is there a point where you think the US should send soldiers to Ukraine?
If they attack a NATO country, we should meet them, everywhere they are.

One of the two things that are worse than going to war, is having the war come to you.
If we are attacked, we should take the war to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2022, 08:16 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,600,762 times
Even if Russia uses a low yield tactical nuclear weapon, it would provoke a military strike from NATO. More than likely, NATO would conduct air strikes on Russian positions inside Ukraine.

Old 05-07-2022, 08:44 AM

2,776 posts, read 1,840,657 times
To those chicken idiots believing they are hawks that voted to nuke Russia.
Do you realize that Russia will nuke back and both countries will disappear from the Earth?
Moreover, there will be no life on this planet at all?

Old 05-07-2022, 02:46 PM

2,612 posts, read 927,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Ok, I will get to this in a second.

Not sure why you would say something so absolutely wrong as this. They had everything to do with 9/11. Who do you think was providing safe harbor to Al Q'ada, at that time? It sure wasn't Saudi Arabia, where (and still are) they were killing them, every time they found them. (Including one they dismembered at an embassy.)

This is somewhere between woke and clueless. North Korea is pretty self explanatory (if you have the slightest of knowledge of international trade, among the axis of evil), and I have discussed the reasons for the war in Ukraine recently, so I won't bother repeating myself.

Well, at least you got one thing right.

OK. The 6 months.
This is what I thought you meant, when you said 6 months.
My mistake.

Yes. Initial estimates were, it would take 6 months or so for the Taliban to reestablish de-facto rule.

When the first state capital fell, it was obvious we were wrong, and we should have reversed course, right then. Continuing with the withdraw was seriously stupid, after that point, as it could only result in disaster, but a weak, and frankly, uncaring Administration and a Deep State that is absolutely working against American interests, insured the disaster would happen.
I said it because the Taliban had nothing to do with 9/11 and nobody denies this. They didnt participate in the planning or carrying out the attack. There may have been some people involved living within Afghanistan but that doesnt justify killing so many people and taking down the government.

You dont disagree that North Korea hasnt attacked anyone. You havent really given any details about what they have done that would make them a legitimate target to attack. You pretend it is because you dont want to bother but the reality is because you can not make the case. I never asked you to give the reasons for the Ukraine war so you dont have to tell me that you wont bother.

What I said was that within 6 months of the US invasion of the sovereign nation of Afghanistan in for no legitimate reason in 2001, that the US knew that when they left the Taliban would retake control whenever the US left. However, I believe it is more likely that they knew this even before the invasion. There never was a real plan to replace the Taliban without the presence of the US.

Old 05-07-2022, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star691 View Post
Even if Russia uses a low yield tactical nuclear weapon, it would provoke a military strike from NATO. More than likely, NATO would conduct air strikes on Russian positions inside Ukraine.
The history of NATO says otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese View Post
I said it
of the US.
I don't have the months it would take to educate you on the world of war games, so I won't bother with you any further, other than if I run across a resource that you could get an education from, I may post it.

Oh, wait, you think you are educated.
I don't have the years it would take to educate you...

Old 05-07-2022, 03:41 PM

2,612 posts, read 927,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
I don't have the months it would take to educate you on the world of war games, so I won't bother with you any further, other than if I run across a resource that you could get an education from, I may post it.

Oh, wait, you think you are educated.
I don't have the years it would take to educate you...
It is a good thing that I never asked you to educate me.

Nobody really needs to read your Americanist revisionism of reality. Many people in the general public no long simply accept Americanist propaganda.

Old 05-07-2022, 03:44 PM

39,075 posts, read 51,205,311 times
Carlson is a traitor. He works for Putin.

Old 05-07-2022, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Carlson is a traitor. He works for Putin.
Coming from you, that means Carlson is a straight up, righteous American Patriot.

But I think you overestimate him.
I think he is just a little unsettled on his foundations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies