Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2022, 08:07 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
That was my thought too. The Supreme Court NEVER leaks their decisions. The news seems to have come from Politico.
https://www.npr.org/2022/05/03/10960...al-ruling-leak

"There have indeed been leaks at the court before, albeit of a different scale. One of them actually was about the case at the heart of today's conversation: In 1973, the original Roe decision was leaked to the press before the court had formally announced it."

I do hope the liberals don't start burning and bombing things over this "draft". The article talks about how this will be investigated, but I sometimes think such things are on purpose to rile the opposition.

It should go back to the states per the Constitution, and everyone should be concerned about the federal government continuing to take away the states' rights as they are trying to seize power everywhere they can, and that is not a good thing. The Federal Government has too much power, I mean, look at the things they have done to us.

KS previously performed the partial birth abortions where they pull the baby into the birth canal, as they did them through the 9th month at one time. I do not think they will do that again here as it woke many people up who were not aware it was happening. I believe the doctor doing that was murdered.

Old 05-03-2022, 08:14 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
what role did the GOP have in this particular case?

The case is:

Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization

Clearly the GOP in Mississippi had a big role.

Old 05-03-2022, 08:20 PM

2,612 posts, read 927,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
It should go back to the states per the Constitution, and everyone should be concerned about the federal government continuing to take away the states' rights as they are trying to seize power everywhere they can, and that is not a good thing.
Or to the people. State's rights dont matter any more than the federal government's rights. Only the people's rights matter. Federal government and state government are both removed entities from people and people should have control over their own lives. It is either ignorant or disingenuous for someone to suggest that states should have a greater right to rule individuals than the federal government does. They are both the enemies of free people and should have as limited role as possible.

Anyway, I dont see how one could feel its ok to murder a baby in one state and not in another. Our rights are the same no matter where we are. The people's rights shouldnt be given to the states to decide.

Old 05-03-2022, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I don't see constitutionalist conservatives all up in arms that states are deciding for themselves on marijuana laws. People like me are consistent. States should decide these social matters, not a panel of nine black robed justices.

I am fine with the states deciding if they want abortions or not. Problem with marijuana laws are that its federally illegal. That should be removed and states can decide if its legal or not in their state.

Old 05-03-2022, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
So who is it gathering outside the SCOTUS building shouting in protest? It isn't Republicans. It's always the left who engage in these types of bullying tactics.

You might be correct if January 6th never happened. At the very least it was a bullying tactic. So its usually the left but not always.

Old 05-03-2022, 08:30 PM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
https://www.npr.org/2022/05/03/10960...al-ruling-leak

"There have indeed been leaks at the court before, albeit of a different scale. One of them actually was about the case at the heart of today's conversation: In 1973, the original Roe decision was leaked to the press before the court had formally announced it."

I do hope the liberals don't start burning and bombing things over this "draft". The article talks about how this will be investigated, but I sometimes think such things are on purpose to rile the opposition.

It should go back to the states per the Constitution, and everyone should be concerned about the federal government continuing to take away the states' rights as they are trying to seize power everywhere they can, and that is not a good thing. The Federal Government has too much power, I mean, look at the things they have done to us.

KS previously performed the partial birth abortions where they pull the baby into the birth canal, as they did them through the 9th month at one time. I do not think they will do that again here as it woke many people up who were not aware it was happening. I believe the doctor doing that was murdered.
The only people doing the bombing were the pro-life people killing doctors and blowing up clinics, remember the Army of God.

Yes let the states control women’s lives and decide what’s best.

Court’s already ruled on abortion 50 years ago and was reaffirmed several times, but who cares about precedent. This court has no credibility, none.

Old 05-03-2022, 08:34 PM

Quote:

Kansas is one state that will likely keep abortion legal.

Old 05-03-2022, 08:35 PM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Yeah, we can agree to disagree on that one.
Name the state where you can’t buy a gun.

Old 05-03-2022, 08:37 PM

34,006 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
The case is:

It was nice of Jackson to challenge, enabling the process which led to a much needed SCOTUS ruling.

Old 05-03-2022, 08:39 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
The case is:

'clearly'? why 'clearly' and what was the mississippi GOP's big role?

dobbs is the state health officer and jackson women's health org. is the aborter.

where is the bigwig GOP entity in this picture?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies