Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2022, 12:47 PM

35,688 posts, read 21,045,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Well the same people bought 2 years of COVID lies and 3 years of Russian collusion lies from the same liars, so I can’t say I’m surprised.
And the RIGHTeous don’t lie - rotfl now that’s funny. Regardless. If the majority wants something - that’s how it should be. The politicians serve the people. The majority.

Old 05-04-2022, 12:49 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
So why do States that seem to ban abortion by and large allow the death penalty? If people who support Pro Choice are murderers then so are those who support the death penalty. It’s hypocrisy. Can’t have it both ways regardless of the innocent vs guilty canard.
sounds like you need a dictionary.

Old 05-04-2022, 12:55 PM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
My 11-Year-Old Patient Was Pregnant. Here's What I Want You To Know About Being 'Pro-Life.'

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/abort...34e9e4cb27/amp

What I want to know who here would put your daughter through delivering that child?
The vast majority of Americans agree with including text in any abortion bill to cover rape and incest

But I get it, we see this all the time in discussions about abortion. People on one side or the other try to bring up the most over-the-top, rare exceptions to the rule, as a desperate attempt to argue for or against abortion. It's dishonest if you ask me. Let's just stick to the normal parameters so we can find a common ground, and then you can worry about trying to insert the extremes to cover rare exceptions to the rule.

Old 05-04-2022, 12:55 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,951,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Well then, are you suggesting that both are criminals ? The person that murders a human, and the person that murders a fetus that may become a human ?

And what is the "may become" , I'm not aware that a human fetus can become anything other than a
human, if they can please explain it to me.
A human fetus may become expelled from the uterus in a miscarriage, thus it may become dead. It does not necessarily develop into a born human baby.

Old 05-04-2022, 12:56 PM

Quote:
All you guys have is emotion. The law demands reversal of Roe, which was wrongly decided from the start.

Tell your elected representatives and they can pass laws to make sure these kids are able to abort their kids.

That said, you and I both know that these anecdotes are rare and don't change the fact that the vast, vast, vast majority of abortions are done by adult women who knowingly had unprotected sex and are using abortion as a form of birth control, often more than once.
I’m sooo glad I have emotions, better than being a Narcissist with heart of rocks, and on this issue, I’m a female who understands other women or girls. But to be honest- I have zero interest in what men think regarding women’s rights. Zero

Old 05-04-2022, 12:56 PM

20,378 posts, read 14,647,504 times
Quote:
When you typed "that story breaks my heart," you were "invoking emotion."
First of all, from the side of this argument that constantly tries to be all like, "but killing babies!" don't even act like pleas to emotion are not part of it.

But there is not actually a problem with expressing, invoking, or appealing to emotion. There SHOULD be a place for emotion, in these debates and in the making of laws about human rights. Empathy involves emotion. Compassion involves emotion. If you try to hold yourself to be better than others because you are some hoity toity "I'm so intellectual I debate always with logic and never emotion" then frankly I don't want you near the running of anything that involves human beings, and especially not children.

Because having emotions is part of being a human being, and being without any emotion, doesn't make you some kind of intellectual superior or a more credible adult. It makes you a sociopath.

Old 05-04-2022, 12:57 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
You're just repeating DNC talking points that have been filtered through the media. If you or they had read the actual draft opinion, you would know that it says this:

Link: https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...e-pdf-00029504

Everyone who comments on this draft opinion should at least read the damned thing first.
bears repeating for the chicken littles:

Unable to show concrete reliance on Roe and Casey themselves, the Solicitor General suggests that overruling those decisions would "threaten the Court's precedents holding that the Due Process Clause protects other rights." That is not correct for the reasons we have already discussed. As even the Casey plurality recognized, "[a]bortion is a unique act" because it terminates "life or potential life." And to ensure that our decision is not misunderstood or mischaracterized, we emphasize that our decision concerns the constitutional right to abortion and no other right. Nothing in this opinion should be understood to cast doubt on precedents that do not concern abortion.

Old 05-04-2022, 12:58 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
How is it against women's best interest to advocate for SAVING at least 450,000 female lives each year?
Yet, who knows how many women who advocate banning all abortion, until they find they are pregnant with an unwanted pregnancy and in no way is it the right time to be pregnant and go get an abortion? Like it or not, an undeniably common human characteristic is hypocrisy. You find it pointed out every night on Fox's Tucker Carlson's show. So seriously, you tell me, InformedConsent, just why the heck should pro-life women be denied the right to legal abortion when they change their minds about it?

Old 05-04-2022, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The vast majority of Americans agree with including text in any abortion bill to cover rape and incest

But I get it, we see this all the time in discussions about abortion. People on one side or the other try to bring up the most over-the-top, rare exceptions to the rule, as a desperate attempt to argue for or against abortion. It's dishonest if you ask me. Let's just stick to the normal parameters so we can find a common ground, and then you can worry about trying to insert the extremes to cover rare exceptions to the rule.
Please see post #1621 - there’s a count of gals under 15 in our country.

Old 05-04-2022, 01:04 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,738,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
Pardon?
The Dems have really been struggling lately with the term women.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ce/7152439001/

https://www.todaysparent.com/baby/br...stfeeding-faq/

https://nypost.com/2021/09/28/the-la...-with-vaginas/

They definitely don’t strike me as being the party that cares about women since they struggle to even say the word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies