Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2022, 07:06 PM
nng

695 posts, read 289,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Situations where abortion occurs below. Tell me which of these situations society benefits by a federal total ban on abortion:

Woman would like to give birth but has serious health concerns.

Woman would like to give birth but is too poor to provide and / or father not going to be helpful.

Woman has no interest in raising a child that was unplanned.

Woman was raped and doesn't want to raise the child of her rapist.
Society doesn't benefit at all banning abortion in any of these scenarios. It's will backfire on society the welfare rolls will increase taxes will go up more unwanted kids in foster care etc. the conservatives will mostly ignore this post. They think purely based on their emotions on the abortion issue. There will be babies thrown into the garbage like trash I know I would if I was ever sexually assaulted and a child resulted from that. I guess conservatives would rather ruin society than allow woman to have complete control of her reproduction. They are hellbent on imposing their twisted moral code onto all women. I read on the conservative publication the federalist that we should ban all abortions nationwide. These people in my opinion are crazy. They also think rape babies are Gods gift. All these republicans will end up doing is denying woman the right to have authority and control over her body future and life. Imagine this scenario for example. A young eighteen year old college student gets raped while in college. She has to put her own future on the line birthing a rapists baby because she lives in a conservative anti abortion state. Has to drop out of college. This will end up happening in real life if conservatives have their way and ban abortion. It's obvious republicans don't care about womens lives at all, only about power and money. I was open to voting republican next election but now I have decided I cannot in good conscience vote for any republican in the future ever. The people who are anti abortion are the ones who are the real cruel and heartless ones not pro choice people. Their religious values are so ridiculous and silly.

Old 05-04-2022, 07:07 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
It's all laid out in the Republican Party Platform.

As much as some posters here have insisted over the years that the Republicans have moved on from abortion and gay marriage, it's plain as day in the platform that they are stacking the courts in order to reverse those decisions.

https://prod-cdn-static.gop.com/medi...1468872234.pdf
So profoundly right you are. From Republican Platform:

"We condemn the
Supreme Court’s ruling in
United States v. Windsor, which
wrongly removed the ability of
Congress to define marriage
policy in federal law."

Old 05-04-2022, 07:09 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,983,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
not up to a state to decide whats best for their citizens. States can kick the bucket! its up to the citizens.
Exactly it’s up to the citizens to vote in their state representatives that are aligned with their ideals. That is democracy.

Old 05-04-2022, 07:11 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,952,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
Society doesn't benefit at all banning abortion in any of these scenarios. It's will backfire on society the welfare rolls will increase taxes will go up more unwanted kids in foster care etc. the conservatives will mostly ignore this post. They think purely based on their emotions on the abortion issue. There will be babies thrown into the garbage like trash I know I would if I was ever sexually assaulted and a child resulted from that. I guess conservatives would rather ruin society than allow woman to have complete control of her reproduction. They are hellbent on imposing their twisted moral code onto all women. I read on the conservative publication the federalist that we should ban all abortions nationwide. These people in my opinion are crazy. They also think rape babies are Gods gift. All these republicans will end up doing is denying woman the right to have authority and control over her body future and life. Imagine this scenario for example. A young eighteen year old college student gets raped while in college. She has to put her own future on the line birthing a rapists baby because she lives in a conservative anti abortion state. Has to drop out of college. This will end up happening in real life if conservatives have their way and ban abortion. It's obvious republicans don't care about womens lives at all, only about power and money. I was open to voting republican next election but now I have decided I cannot in good conscience vote for any republican in the future ever. The people who are anti abortion are the ones who are the real cruel and heartless ones not pro choice people. Their religious values are so ridiculous and silly.

Old 05-04-2022, 07:17 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,754,656 times
How will the slick haired private jet flying megachurch pastors get their mistress an abortion?

Old 05-04-2022, 07:19 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrOctoBus View Post
It was Jake from State Farm…
GOOD one. Mayhem

Old 05-04-2022, 07:23 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
that's exactly stillie's tactic.

invent something that no one is pushing for, describe what this nonexistent proposal has to have in it, insist that's what the people not pushing for it are demanding it must have in it, then watch as someone observes that it will never happen.

How do you know Republicans are not pushing to get a National Right to Life passed? Tell me something, do you not know that in the past the U. S. Senate did try a vote on such an amendment? It didn't pass, but the vote was close.

Old 05-04-2022, 07:24 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
they dont care. never have. its all about power over women and making sure they know their place and are second class citizens.
Imagine if we had countrywide adoption centers aggressively pursuing those unwanted kids.

Tears would fall from heaven.

Old 05-04-2022, 07:25 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,754,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Imagine if we had countrywide adoption centers aggressively pursuing those unwanted kids.

Tears would fall from heaven.
Good luck with that.

I don't think people really understand the ramifications of huge families.

Old 05-04-2022, 07:26 PM

25,581 posts, read 56,471,152 times
Not to mention increased crime and more illegitimate, unprovided for children, resulting in more criminals breeding yet more criminals. Foster care (a seriously flawed, already inadequate system) and adoption are not the solution. Minority children are not easily found good adoptive homes. White babies are in big demand. Not so for black babies. Which probably accounts for the high rate of abortion among blacks. Perfectly understandable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies