Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2022, 11:50 PM

3,067 posts, read 1,276,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooGuyRVA View Post
It's called speaking (or in this case, disclosing) on the condition of anonymity.

Politico, or whoever it was leaked to, is not going to say which clerk gave them the info.

If they did, then no one who needs to keep their identity a secret would ever disclose anything to Politico again.
Someone will rat them out. I’d be shocked if within a few days it’s not discovered who did it

Old 05-02-2022, 11:50 PM

590 posts, read 283,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
The Southeast leads the US in growth most years, while California & NY are losing population every year.
True, that will become even more so as we enter an energy crisis and energy-importing states like CA and NY will pay more for oil and natural gas from the middle of the country.

Old 05-02-2022, 11:52 PM

21,988 posts, read 15,612,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupp-certified View Post
Many of those babies will grow up to be productive citizens whose lives have value and dignity.

It's a shame you see them all as liabilities on a balance sheet.
There are exceptions to everything, but the odds are not on their side. I could list a number of tragic known stories and their backgrounds but there's no need for that. There are indeed exceptions but the mothers with means will still get abortions. Know that.

The poorest mothers without means will be the ones that carry the babies, without medical coverage, without means to raise the child and likely the children will be a cost to the state in the form of welfare, supplemental lunches, charity, Section 8 housing, etc. Many will be given up for adoption either in the hospital, soon after or the resulting Social Services visit.

Old 05-02-2022, 11:53 PM

52,219 posts, read 33,946,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
Haven’t they published a ton of false stuff before. I can’t see them admitting who leaked it. That person will be in massive trouble
not to my knowledge, no. it wasn't politico that revealed the leakers name.

Old 05-02-2022, 11:54 PM

21,647 posts, read 24,775,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Completely agree. As long as the consequences are kept within their state, it's their choice. Just make it clear the costs cannot be federalized.

Plenty will be given up for adoption.
Well, you can't entirely do that as you can't prevent people from travelling between states. I'd definitely be onboard with cutting federal welfare programs like food stamps, section 8, and so on though. Or maybe make them performance-based where states that enact effective governance strategies that reduce dependence on public assistance are rewarded while states that encourage public assistance have their bennies reduced. It would be less harsh than just cutting them off entirely.

Old 05-02-2022, 11:57 PM

33,749 posts, read 16,753,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Well, you can't entirely do that as you can't prevent people from travelling between states. I'd definitely be onboard with cutting federal welfare programs like food stamps, section 8, and so on though. Or maybe make them performance-based where states that enact effective governance strategies that reduce dependence on public assistance are rewarded while states that encourage public assistance have their bennies reduced. It would be less harsh than just cutting them off entirely.
We should cut them off entirely after specified periods as was supposed to be the case with the plan passed during the Gingrich years, signed by Clinton, and we should reinstate that w/o allowing for exceptions on the time period-even during recessions.

In EVERY city, town, state..

Old 05-02-2022, 11:59 PM

32,847 posts, read 12,122,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
The Southeast leads the US in growth most years, while California & NY are losing population every year.
Wrong.

2020 was the only year ever that California lost population:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-time-n1266740

We don't have the numbers yet for 2021. They'll probably be out soon.

590 posts, read 283,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Many will be given up for adoption either in the hospital, soon after or the resulting Social Services visit.
There's a 2-million-long waiting list for adoption in this country. I don't see the issue here.

8,520 posts, read 10,040,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
Someone will rat them out. I’d be shocked if within a few days it’s not discovered who did it
Liberal heads exploding is all a fraud. They planned this.

Old 05-03-2022, 12:02 AM

3,067 posts, read 1,276,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Liberal heads exploding is all a fraud. They planned this.
I don’t see what they gain from this. If the decision was coming anyway they’d be better off with it coming later than now. there’s so much corruption in the world of politics that if this was a deliberate leak it’s likely a false story that could have been leaked by a GOPer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies