Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2022, 12:05 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
I never said such thing and now you are playing dumb and moving the goal post. You said to be a Human Being (a LIFE) a baby needs to be born. That's false for the 5th time and you double down on playing dumb.

Human life begins at conception. This is science. A baby is a stage of a human being.
So finally you seem to be seeing the point. An abortion is NOT killing a baby, as you earlier stated.

Old 05-14-2022, 12:14 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
I never said such thing and now you are playing dumb and moving the goal post. You said to be a Human Being (a LIFE) a baby needs to be born. That's false for the 5th time and you double down on playing dumb.

Human life begins at conception. This is science. A baby is a stage of a human being.
I find it very interesting how the terminology has changed in the past week or so. We are not hearing about babies in the early months of pregnancy anymore. Now the words are "human life" because supposedly that will be harder to abort. So now a fertilized egg or a blastocyst is a human life that must not be aborted. Interesting change of terminology. But it doesn't change the fact that in the first trimester the "human life" cannot live outside the mother's body.

Old 05-14-2022, 12:21 AM

13,458 posts, read 4,292,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
So finally you seem to be seeing the point. An abortion is NOT killing a baby, as you earlier stated.
I posted here the stages of a human being and when does life begins by science.

It's killing a human life. The definition of killing: an act of causing death, especially deliberately.

If a doctor sanctioned by the government ends a life at any stage and that life can survive without the act then it's killing, ending a life. Terminating is also another word.

One more time, Human Life begins at conception by science. Any act deliberately ending that life at any stage is killing or terminating.

The declaration of Independence says the government protects life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. It doesn't say at what stage of life it protects, it says life, from beginning 'till end and since We go by science and science says human life begins at conception then that's when the protection starts.

We can't control natural causes like miscarriages but We can control doctors terminating human life if the Declaration of Independence means something.

Old 05-14-2022, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
I find it very interesting how the terminology has changed in the past week or so. We are not hearing about babies in the early months of pregnancy anymore. Now the words are "human life" because supposedly that will be harder to abort. So now a fertilized egg or a blastocyst is a human life that must not be aborted. Interesting change of terminology. But it doesn't change the fact that in the first trimester the "human life" cannot live outside the mother's body.

Depends of the reason or you think all reasons are the same and should be treated the same?

Some wanted to take shots at religion and discredit it, so I stuck with science (isn't that where you want to keep the topic only?) but even that you have issues with the definition of when life begins.

I said under our declaration of Independence of protecting life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness it's from the start of life 'till the end by the definition of science . If you want to legislate in a democracy and clarify when life begins go for it, just don't ignore the 10th amendment or allow judges make law.

Interesting change of terminology?????? Take it with science. You have issues with religion and science to when does life begins. I guess you better stick to judges to define it, I guess.

Old 05-14-2022, 05:24 AM

89,023 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
A human being is a baby once it is born.

End of story.
Then why are people convicted of two murders for killing a pregnant woman?

Old 05-14-2022, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
That’s because you aren’t recognizing that there are two humans involved in an abortion.
Correct. Just like there are two humans involved when a pregnant woman is killed and the killer is convicted of two homicides.

Old 05-14-2022, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What is the point of ending roe v wade. It won't stop abortions. So what exactly is the goal to be achieved.
Overturning Roe doesn't end abortion. It just correctly places the authority to regulate it with state legislatures, exactly as each respective state legislature regulates 2nd Amendment Rights. Same same.

Old 05-14-2022, 05:45 AM

Dems love judges making up law when they agree. Imagine if 5 judges in the S.C. made up law of making mandatory i.d. laws to vote. They wouldn't like that.

Old 05-14-2022, 05:46 AM

9,457 posts, read 5,221,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwk1 View Post
Your observations are correct, and confirmed by the text of our Constitution and its documented legislative intent which gives context to its text.

And now that there is talk of Roe vs Wade being overturned and a majority on the Court daring to relinquish the Court's tyrannical exercise of legislative and executive powers over a subject matter specifically left to the States and people therein under the Tenth Amendment, those who embrace the tyranny of a concentration of power in the hands of a few are exhibiting how notoriously evil they are!

Let us never forget which how Madison, in Federalist No. 47, describes tyranny:

"The accumulation of all powers, legislative, executive, and judiciary, in the same hands, whether of one, a few, or many, and whether hereditary, selfappointed, or elective, may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny.”

Are the above not the very powers exercised by a majority of Supreme Court members in Roe vs Wade?

JWK
Thank you.
To your question I would answer yes. That's what the current court is asserting.

Old 05-14-2022, 05:48 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
406 pages and counting and I wonder if any minds have been changed.

People that are against abortion are going to keep battling for anything that makes it harder for the pro abortion folks to kill your own kids.

Sorry lefties, but that's the issue, like it or not.
The numbers are clear, most abortions are done for convenience, not because of rape or threat to mother's life.

Happy Saturday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies