Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2022, 07:03 AM

3,072 posts, read 1,300,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
What do Republicans have to do with this?
SC justices are still supposed to have the tact to think with a political mind and know there are times for things and times to not do things. No reason Roberts and other GOPers couldnt have decided to do this in December or next year

Old 05-03-2022, 07:04 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,556,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
SC justices are still supposed to have the tact to think with a political mind and know there are times for things and times to not do things. No reason Roberts and other GOPers couldnt have decided to do this in December or next year
They might have, they didn't have a decision scheduled to be released, that's why it was leaked by Sotomayor's people

Old 05-03-2022, 07:05 AM

57,266 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Here's an unpopular opinion:
Maybe poor minority women should stop having 'unprotected' sex and bearing children they cannot support at least at a basic level ON THEIR OWN. Yea, yea, I get the 'reproductive freedom' angle, but that doesn't include the rest of society assuming the burden of clothing, feeding, housing and to a certain extent educating a child whose parent has no means to do so themselves. That isn't 'my job.'

Using abortion as a means of birth control is disgusting IMO (and I'm sure happens more than we'd like to admit) and to suggest that women below the poverty line will be most adversely affected assumes they don't have enough sense to properly manage their 'sex lives.'

Birth control pills are FREE for God's sake as are prophylactics in many places. Get some and use them.

If this story came from a US news outlet I would not believe it outright.....but the Daily Mail has a good rep, no? If this is true, the leak is very troubling....but this is where we are.
They had abortions before RvW so what does this accomplish other than forcing women that can least afford it to have a child. The common goal should be to prevent unwanted pregnancies rather than addressing the symptom.

I disagree with Alito's opinion that RvW had damaging consequences, quite the opposite. If this ruling comes true it will have damaging consequences putting some red states on a level with the Congo.

Old 05-03-2022, 07:06 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Strange that Republicans would pick this hill to die on.
republicans didn't pick anything. a left wing nut job clerk for sonia soda-pop, the self proclaimed 'wise latina,' did.

Old 05-03-2022, 07:07 AM

17,402 posts, read 14,631,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
SCOTUS is supposed to be above politics.

Old 05-03-2022, 07:11 AM

24,401 posts, read 23,056,554 times
Now overturn Biden vs. Trump.

Old 05-03-2022, 07:13 AM

30,145 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They had abortions before RvW so what does this accomplish other than forcing women that can least afford it to have a child.
I know lots of religious pro life people. To them abortion is murder and this means less murders in their minds. To them this is a huge accomplishment. And there is a huge safety net for poor women who have children. Its not as dire as you make it out to be.

You want to make things easier for these poor women you are speaking of. Make birth control free and plentiful. And encourage their use. The right birth control can also limit people from spreading diseases to each other.

I am pro choice. But it does bother me that for many women their only birth control is getting an abortion.

Old 05-03-2022, 07:13 AM

50,362 posts, read 63,948,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crider View Post
This is Amazing. Republican appointed judges, fulfilling a Republican promise to its voters, yet it’s the Democrats who created the mayhem. This country is doomed,two plus two now equals five.
I repeat...pay attention this time. The Supremes are acting on their long held belief that the amendment doesn’t belong in the constitution. Abortion will remain legal in the states that want it to be.

The country may be doomed, alright, but not because of this. The most frightening part of this is that the progressives have infiltrated the Supreme Court, the last honorable arm of the government, and tried to influence it. If you want to worry about something, worry about that.

Old 05-03-2022, 07:14 AM

6,968 posts, read 2,701,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
republicans didn't pick anything. a left wing nut job clerk for sonia soda-pop, the self proclaimed 'wise latina,' did.
Whoever it was just destroyed years of work to become a lawyer. They will be disbarred and working at Starbucks.

Old 05-03-2022, 07:15 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
I find it interesting that Progressives, here, are more upset with a potential ruling, than the fact that this decision was leaked...
The left will happily destroy our country's institutions to achieve their political ends. Never forget this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
Whoever it was just destroyed years of work to become a lawyer. They will be disbarred and working at Starbucks.
Hopefully they will be disbarred, but don't get your hopes up about the Starbucks part. Why? Because huge numbers of far leftists consider him to be their greatest hero of all time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies