Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2022, 04:01 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times

Advertisements

At it's best it's a decision between a mother and a father in consultation with her doctor.

It is painful, lasts a lifetime, and will haunt a person for evermore.

Old 05-03-2022, 04:01 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,952,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
A fine maybe, or maybe told/ordered to use some type of BC as long as they are not allergic to it.

Other than imprisoning them, what is your idea of proper punishment?
Thank you for finally giving a straight answer.

I don't consider abortion before viability to be murder. I don't consider aborting a defective fetus to be murder. I don't consider abortion to save the mother's life to be murder.
So no punishment needed.

Old 05-03-2022, 04:03 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
They are trying hard to ban this drug in Texas and other states

https://www.axios.com/local/austin/2...abortion-pills
FROM ARTICLE:

"The big picture: Almost half of U.S. states have banned or tightly restricted abortion pills — two medicines named mifepristone and misoprostol — and more could soon follow suit."

Old 05-03-2022, 04:05 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
sota-pop's clerk. see post 64.

Tomorrow we'll be hearing about hordes of crazed leftist nut jobs trying to burn down the supreme Court building.
as predicted -

https://mobile.twitter.com/libsoftik...88874077609984

Old 05-03-2022, 04:05 PM

17,621 posts, read 6,905,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Thank you for finally giving a straight answer.

I don't consider abortion before viability to be murder. I don't consider aborting a defective fetus to be murder. I don't consider abortion to save the mother's life to be murder.
So no punishment needed.
How about having 4 or 5 or 6 abortions as a form of birth control? Is that OK with you too? It happens.

Old 05-03-2022, 04:11 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLuvStrange View Post
You were never serious otherwise abortion clinics would burn to the ground.
If leftists were the ones who were against abortion, I have no doubt that would have happened. they are, in the main, a violent and murderous lot.

we'd rather do it legally.

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://redstate.com/sister-toldjah/...petard-n559338

I wonder if Dizzy Lizzy and Naughty Nancy are interested in using the House January 6th committee to investigate the current left-wing insurrection. I'm guessing not.
Great!

It would be great to rid of liberals forever. This SCOTUS decision may be a dream come true.

ANYTHING that could move liberals to separate and form their own fascist state which thrives on absence of free speech, violence, open borders, perversion of every stripe, no religion, and a large group of "diverse" federal dependents sounds like a path to prosperity.

One can only hope............................... let's encourage libs to seek the "freedom" they have desired for so long. No laws............................. no police........................... a liberal Nirvana.

20,382 posts, read 14,651,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
One of your colleagues suggested forced sterilization earlier in the thread. Maybe that should be considered after 3 or 4 abortions.
To the best of my knowledge (and I could be wrong, long azz thread that this was always gonna be) I was the only one here who mentioned sterilization, and I said NOTHING about "forced" sterilization, or sterilization as a punishment for anything. I said that women who WANT a tubal ligation ought to be able to get one, without being refused or argued with by doctors. Which, if you didn't know, is what we deal with now. Tons of docs refuse if a woman is too young in their opinion or hasn't already had a bunch of babies, or for any reason, and even those willing to do it (like mine) will often argue with them repeatedly (as mine did) that I was going to "regret it" and "what if you meet a man." Both premises were utterly ridiculous on their faces, and I told her so. Why are these doctors so opposed to giving a woman who wants a TL, the procedure she is asking for? Were they trained to deny them this, in college? Do they truly believe that making babies is a woman's highest and only true purpose? Or is it just that obstetrical care is where the OBGYN in question makes the most $$$? Yeah, betting it's that. Also, the woman who got a TL won't have to come in to keep her birth control pills coming, either, so other than checkups for her health... That's a possible loss of a paying customer. I guess. One day I am going to pin one of these doctors down and demand to know their rationale.

tl;dr - I mentioned completely consensual sterilization. Not forced sterilization. Unless you were talking about some other post, in which case...nevermind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Which state has the law that a mother goes to prison for murder if she kills her unborn child?
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...e-starr-county
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/18/o...scarriage.html

In TX and OK, women have been arrested or investigated for murder over abortions or miscarriages.

The latter of which, in my opinion, is the biggest tragedy...that a woman who simply miscarried might face a murder investigation for crying out loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
As a liberal middle class man i am with you on this. The problem is that this isn't just a voting issue. It's a hearts and minds issue. The left has been losing that battle for years now. You can't compete with Fox news and RW radio telling people blacks, gays and Mexicans are hiding in their closet coming to attack them at night. It's one of the most aggressive disinfo campaigns i have ever seen in my life. This is the long game and the time has long passed where we as liberals have to be statesman and fight fair. If not we are headed to Gilead.

Yeah, I have said (recently) that being a liberal in this country is basically living with constant disappointment. Which of course...is an understatement. I get very sick of the apparent inaction by our elected people. On a whole lot of fronts.

But the alt-right fringe is still a minority, though. Most people are pretty moderate folks who just want to live life in peace and work towards prosperity, most Americans actually support the right protected by RvW, and I refuse to think of my neighbors as my enemies, even when I think that they are wrong. It's just that the party that can't get popular support for what they want, are perfectly happy to play dirty to get their way regardless. Gilead.../sigh...maybe. Hungary, at least.

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Interesting spin from Republican leadership... don't ',t focus on the content of the leaked document but focus on that it was leaked. So the judgement itself isn't important? That doesn't jive with how some conservatives see things. And when were they going to release the judgement?

What were they waiting for?

Old 05-03-2022, 04:14 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,954,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Opens the door for states to ban vaccines.

Perhaps DeSantis will ban the Covid vax for Florida minors. That would be a big feather in his cap in preparation for his 2024 presidential run.
Kinds strange that the libs are so angry at Florida’s popular Governor. Hmmmm…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies