Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2022, 05:12 PM

16,542 posts, read 8,584,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
NEVER trust your Government. Ever.
For some things, maybe even most things, but the federal government must be involved in it's citizens safety (military, public health, etc.). However most agencies should be free of politics, especially those that need the public trust.
Who would have thought the Democrats would have weaponized so many like the IRS, CDC, OSHA, FBI, CIA, NSA, etc.

Now at least half the country doesn't trust any of them, in ever growing numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2022, 05:43 PM

12,958 posts, read 9,473,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://www.vice.com/en/article/m7vy...n-data-curfews

Terrifying. The CDC must be disbanded. It is not a public health organization.
Following the NSA's lead ....

Old 05-03-2022, 05:50 PM

3,315 posts, read 2,132,650 times
But but but DHS Secretary Mayorkas was just on TV repeating the lie that the government isn't in the business of surveilling American citizens.

Old 05-03-2022, 06:09 PM

8,922 posts, read 4,632,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
But but but DHS Secretary Mayorkas was just on TV repeating the lie that the government isn't in the business of surveilling American citizens.
Yeah, like, it's just a hobby !

Old 05-03-2022, 06:15 PM

17,297 posts, read 12,228,591 times
Quote:

They bought data...that is accessible to pretty much anyone. Call your reps for privacy rights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqn3gR1WTcA

Old 05-03-2022, 06:19 PM

9,833 posts, read 4,623,002 times
This is why every issue/battle regarding tracking, privacy etc needs to be fought or one thing will lead to another in this case tracking the public.

Rather than tracking the public or pushing mask rules, quarantines and testing without cause they should've been working on I don't know something like therapeutics, actual treatments, a real vax etc.

Old 05-03-2022, 07:36 PM

8,037 posts, read 10,626,487 times
I got sick last August 2021 and went to a local big chain pharmacy for a rapid Covid virus test.

Before I had even made it home the pharmacist was calling me to tell me the result was positive for Covid-19, as I suspected.

He told me I would be contacted by some sort of state-sponsored ”Covid-19 Response” team who would tell me what i needed to do, and how to proceed. I just said ”OK”. I had no intentions of allowing that.

Then I went home immediately, notified my employer that I was positive and would be taking Covid sick leave, and proceeded to turn off my phone fo the 10 days I was in quarantine. I wanted no contact from such a ”response” team who wanted to track me.

I don't understand why so many people willingly give up their personal privacy. I went back to work 10 days later symptom free and have felt great ever since.

I did what any sensible adult would do. I stayed away from others while I had a potentially contagious sickness. I did what I felt was needed to get back into optimal health. I took prescribed antibiotics, cough medicine, stayed hydrated, and rested while my natural immune system fought off the virus.

Beyond that, how I chose to care for myself was no one's business but my own.

Old 05-03-2022, 07:43 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:

No wonder they want to keep this at crisis levels, it gives them extraordinary powers of information gathering and control over the masses.

Old 05-03-2022, 07:46 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Um, you're not aware that Google gathers that info and it's free online?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-03-2022, 08:40 PM

43,054 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Um, you're not aware that Google gathers that info and it's free online?
How is google tracking my iPhone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies