Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2022, 04:18 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,180 posts, read 13,461,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
#1 Russia is claiming a tactical nuclear strike is on the table. This is small enough to not damage his country outside of retaliation.

#2 If Russia delivered an EMP, wouldn't it most likely come from a nuke?

I think the main obstacle for Russia would be that it may draw NATO directly in to the Ukrainian war, and NATO has a stockpile of tactical nuclear weapons in Europe.

It's also alleged that the USAF is in investing in new storage facilities for tactical nuclear weapons such as the latest B61-12 nuclear gravity bomb, which will be able to be delivered by aircraft such as the B-2A, F-15E, F-16C/D, F-16 MLU, PA-200, F-35, and B-21.

Lakenheath Air Base Added To Nuclear Weapons Storage Site Upgrades - Federation of American Scientist (11th April 2022)

Ministry of Defence refuses to say whether US nukes are returning to British soil - The Independent (26th April 2022)

Nuclear sharing - Wikipedia

B61 nuclear bomb - Wikipedia

Last edited by Brave New World; 05-05-2022 at 04:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2022, 05:31 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Russia has zero justification for using nukes in this conflict. Zero.
And they didn't have good justification to invade Ukraine either. I am just worried that Russia feels provoked and will continue to do unjustified things escalating it further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

I think the main obstacle for Russia would be that it may draw NATO directly in to the Ukrainian war, and NATO has a stockpile of tactical nuclear weapons in Europe.

It's also alleged that the USAF is in investing in new storage facilities for tactical nuclear weapons such as the latest B61-12 nuclear gravity bomb, which will be able to be delivered by aircraft such as the B-2A, F-15E, F-16C/D, F-16 MLU, PA-200, F-35, and B-21.

Lakenheath Air Base Added To Nuclear Weapons Storage Site Upgrades - Federation of American Scientist (11th April 2022)

Ministry of Defence refuses to say whether US nukes are returning to British soil - The Independent (26th April 2022)

Nuclear sharing - Wikipedia

B61 nuclear bomb - Wikipedia
I hope Russia doesn't gamble that a tactical nuke strike would not get a severe military response from NATO, because I think we would hit back hard.

I also would hate to see tactical nukes become normalized more and more first as a deterrent, then as an actual option. That is a real danger from Putin in my mind, I don't fully trust him not to go that far.

Old 05-05-2022, 05:38 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Putin attacked Ukraine because he was told it would be easy, and would consolidate his Crimea occupation. Feeling threatened by NATO had nothing to do with it.
That's not what he wrote last year. He made several statements/warnings. Here's one of them.

Putin warns of ‘all against all’ fight if global tensions are not resolved - January 2021

I'm not endorsing him or his actions, but you're being lied to about what this is all about.

Old 05-05-2022, 06:16 AM

10,857 posts, read 4,534,722 times
think about what you are saying.

IF preventing or impeding the soviets from invading and killing neighboring countries is cause for them to use nuclear weapons on civilians then you have created a self licking ice cream cone.

The only rational course is to eradicate the soviet union.

Im for that. I have always been for that. But as I age and grow weary of the constant nuclear gun to my head, my acceptance of methods grow.

Old 05-05-2022, 06:21 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Biden has already made it clear that the goal is regime change. That's an existential threat.
Biden hasn't made anything clear. His egotistical and demented mentality caused The Afghanistan debacle because he refused to listen to his military advisors.

https://trendingpolitics.com/bombshe...anyways-crugg/

He's arrogant and if you look at his senate voting record, inept and is clueless aka Russia.

Old 05-05-2022, 06:26 AM

14,950 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Ukraine? Ukraine is a hostage; is that what you are saying?
It's sort of like me going into a bobcat's cave, grabbing it, and declaring "I have it now!"
.......As it bites your arm off, perhaps.

Old 05-05-2022, 06:36 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,528,639 times
How are we pushing a country that has invaded a peaceful neighbor?

Old 05-05-2022, 07:00 AM

78,418 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
How are we pushing a country that has invaded a peaceful neighbor?
Well apparently we "made" Russia do that too.

Old 05-05-2022, 07:20 AM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Russia's ground forces are so bad.....that alone might push them into nukes

Old 05-05-2022, 07:34 AM

9,169 posts, read 13,249,970 times
There are several reasons that it would be difficult for Russia to use a tactical nuclear weapon in Ukraine.

First, it would lead to further International condemnation and isolation of Russia, making it harder for pro-Russian nations like China to support Russia or tipping neutral nations like India into the opposition camp. This is especially true if used against a population center.

Second, since Russian propaganda within Russia has been emphasizing that Russia is trying to rescue the Ukrainians and Ukraine is not really a nation and should be part of Russia, bombing Ukraine with nukes might provoke a backlash in Russia against Putin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies