Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2022, 11:30 AM

14,862 posts, read 12,001,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
If a person chooses/doesn't choose to terminate a pregnancy that only affects the person. If a person does not get a vaccine for whatever reason they potentially endanger not just themselves but others around them
Ok, and what about the life of the human being whose life is being snuffed out in the act of abortion?

You can think what you like about abortion, but at least admit and face what is going on during the process. Referring to the fetus as a "mass of cells", like a tumor dependent on its mother, is just a sad attempt at rationalization and denial of the act.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2022, 11:31 AM

17,012 posts, read 14,356,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
That's what many say when they are against a womans right to choose what is right for her regarding abortion. So if the choice to have sex means that a woman has to carry to term and deliver, the the choice to not get vaccinated means that you may have to find a new job or school. Not to mention only one is being done by the government.

Not so fun when the argument is used against you?
The government has forced vaccinations on health care workers ... get vaccinated or lose their job.

Old 05-05-2022, 11:32 AM

14,862 posts, read 12,001,100 times
Quote:
That's what many say when they are against a womans right to choose what is right for her regarding abortion. So if the choice to have sex means that a woman has to carry to term and deliver, the the choice to not get vaccinated means that you may have to find a new job or school. Not to mention only one is being done by the government.

What'snot so fun is trying to make any sense of what you posted.

Old 05-05-2022, 11:40 AM

2,829 posts, read 953,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I’m pro choice at least up until the first trimester. My beef is with the people who claim to be pro choice and pro bodily autonomy but only for abortion and who support vaccine mandates and act like it’s no big deal to give up education and careers.

If you’re truly pro choice and pro bodily autonomy you support abortion rights and are against vaccine mandates. Otherwise you’re just pro abortion rights and anti bodily autonomy.

I understand. I can respect your opinion, even if I don't fully agree with it.

Being vaccinated in an attempt to help control a global pandemic is different, in my opinion. There are disinformation campaigns working full-time. It's affecting the health of the entire global populace. Social media has given people the mistaken idea that they somehow know as much or more than actual experts on the matter. People died from a virus that could have been better controlled, had people deferred to experts from the beginning. They yelled for "bodily autonomy" only when it suited their purposes.

When I worked as a CNA, I had to be fully vaccinated if I wanted that job. If I hadn't complied, I could have worked at a place that did not require me to be fully vaccinated. I still had bodily autonomy. But I understood the value of being vaccinated in order to protect the people I was to be caring for.

I do agree with you that it's a big deal to give up education and careers. No one asked for a pandemic, so we have to deal with the hand we're dealt. And historically, vaccination is the best way of dealing with it, even if it's not perfect.

Old 05-05-2022, 11:46 AM

26,646 posts, read 13,626,186 times
Quote:

I’m pro choice for abortion at least up to the first trimester in case you already forgot. I’m also pro choice for vaccines which means I’m against mandates. I’m not a hypocrite.

Old 05-05-2022, 11:48 AM

26,646 posts, read 13,626,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snerk View Post
I understand. I can respect your opinion, even if I don't fully agree with it.

Being vaccinated in an attempt to help control a global pandemic is different, in my opinion. There are disinformation campaigns working full-time. It's affecting the health of the entire global populace. Social media has given people the mistaken idea that they somehow know as much or more than actual experts on the matter. People died from a virus that could have been better controlled, had people deferred to experts from the beginning. They yelled for "bodily autonomy" only when it suited their purposes.

When I worked as a CNA, I had to be fully vaccinated if I wanted that job. If I hadn't complied, I could have worked at a place that did not require me to be fully vaccinated. I still had bodily autonomy. But I understood the value of being vaccinated in order to protect the people I was to be caring for.

I do agree with you that it's a big deal to give up education and careers. No one asked for a pandemic, so we have to deal with the hand we're dealt. And historically, vaccination is the best way of dealing with it, even if it's not perfect.
This vaccine has proven not to prevent cases or transmission. Still supporting mandates is insane at this point. The pandemic is also over now so the mandates should end.

Old 05-05-2022, 11:50 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,134,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
The government has forced vaccinations on health care workers ... get vaccinated or lose their job.
Which hospital? A government run one? The VA? On base hospitals? My local hospital doesn't have any mandate, nor does the one in FL that my mother was in.

10,325 posts, read 4,222,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
but I do know that over 27,000 deaths have been reported to VAERS from the covid vaccine.

that high eh? when I was mandated to get the jab late last fall it was only 15000ish...thats a lot of keel overs.

3,279 posts, read 1,783,525 times
Though I fully recognize that abortion takes human life, the right to personal bodily control of the mother overrides the moral misfortune of the fetus.

And strong-arm vaccine mandates which deny us our bodily rights are equally wrong.

I also oppose our horrific, disastrous drug policies and hypocritical prostitution laws.

For me, who has a deep need for autonomy, personal freedom will always trump religion and politics... which can hardly be distinguished any more.

Old 05-05-2022, 11:53 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,134,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
What'snot so fun is trying to make any sense of what you posted.
When the debate is about the laws regarding abortion many people bring up the choice to have sex has the consequence of pregnancy and women should just deal with it or not have sex.

The debate about businesses or schools mandating vaccines is the same thing. You choose to not get vaccinated then you deal with the consequence of losing your job or finding a new school.

It's the exact same argument, but some don't like it when it's turned around on them and their right to make decisions regarding their own medical decisions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies