Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2022, 02:26 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,045,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
That poster mentioned a lifetime of parenting. I’m as responding to that. People seem to think it’s ok to just tell people to move or get a new job or quit college when it comes to vaccine mandates but act like being pregnant is impossible. Why not support choice for both?
Not getting what the Left is Up-in-Arms about..??

...the Federal Government is saying 'This is a case we no longer hold as valid' --- We leave the decision up to Individual States....WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2022, 02:27 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
That poster mentioned a lifetime of parenting. I’m as responding to that. People seem to think it’s ok to just tell people to move or get a new job or quit college when it comes to vaccine mandates but act like being pregnant is impossible. Why not support choice for both?
Some women abort because they can’t continue to work or go to school. All choice has consequences that includes abortion or refusing to get vaccinated for your job if it’s required. I think people should stand up for what they believe in. Don’t want a vaccine don’t get one, same for abortion.

Old 05-04-2022, 02:36 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Some women abort because they can’t continue to work or go to school. All choice has consequences that includes abortion or refusing to get vaccinated for your job if it’s required. I think people should stand up for what they believe in. Don’t want a vaccine don’t get one, same for abortion.
If workplaces can require vaccines as a condition of employment, they should also be able to deny employment to women over reproductive choices including abortion if they disagree with abortion.

Old 05-04-2022, 02:43 PM

Quote:
If workplaces can require vaccines as a condition of employment, they should also be able to deny employment to women over reproductive choices including abortion if they disagree with abortion.
Just how is the employer going to know the woman was pregnant and had an abortion?

Old 05-04-2022, 02:45 PM

7,241 posts, read 4,549,884 times
Quote:
Just how is the employer going to know the woman was pregnant and had an abortion?
How would they know if I did or did not have a vaccine.

I was FORCED to sign an affirmation I had the vaccine.

An employer could ask as a condition of employment that you affirm you never had an abortion.

Old 05-04-2022, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
How would they know if I did or did not have a vaccine.

I was FORCED to sign an affirmation I had the vaccine.

An employer could ask as a condition of employment that you affirm you never had an abortion.
Being vaccinated comes with a vaccination record, unless it’s a forgery. Pregnancy isn’t contagious. How do you prove you’ve never had an abortion?

Old 05-04-2022, 02:49 PM

Quote:
It doesn’t matter. If they find out, they find out.

Old 05-04-2022, 02:59 PM

Quote:
It doesn’t matter. If they find out, they find out.
How? Women still have the right to medical privacy. No employer requirements, as of yet requires a woman never having an abortion.

Old 05-04-2022, 03:07 PM

Quote:
How? Women still have the right to medical privacy. No employer requirements, as of yet requires a woman never having an abortion.
Medical privacy was not allowed for vaccines. A precedent was set with that. There is no reason why abortion could not be added to the list.

Honestly, I wonder why you don’t just support the right to choose for both instead of trying to figure out how an employer might find out.

Maybe they see something on social media? Maybe someone mentions something. There are lots of ways. If you support at will employment involving bodily autonomy, the door is wide open for all kinds of employer abuse, beyond vax mandates.

I remember when people freaked out because Hobby Lobby wouldn’t pay for their employee’s birth control. The same people upset over that are likely the same ones who support vaccine mandates.

Old 05-04-2022, 03:17 PM

2,901 posts, read 992,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post
If I am pregnant and I do not want to be, it's my choice to terminate that pregnancy.
If I am pregnant and someone else decides to do something that results in my pregnancy being terminated, it is NOT my choice.

Interesting response - but -

If someone hits you in the nose - you don't get to press charges twice - once for you, and once for your nose. So not really a good comparison. One crime was committed. Assault to your face.

Back to the original q...?
It's all about choice. But everyone knows that already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies