Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2022, 09:40 AM

15,932 posts, read 12,185,497 times

Advertisements

The question is are they packaging these welfare programs under different names? I know I called quantitative easing one because it benefits anybody who has their asset prices pumped up which then allows them to not work and simply live off of gains in paper wealth. Anyways if more people are having the wife or the husband stay at home to raise the kids there's nothing wrong with that I would see that as a good thing it's what I would plan to do if I ever find my one one of us would be at home because I have enough money to support that.. thanks quantitative easing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2022, 09:59 AM

25,601 posts, read 21,779,762 times
That figure is a joke! Only those "LOOKING FOR WORK" are counted:

https://www.epi.org/publication/missing-workers/

https://www.epi.org/newsroom/useful_definitions/

"The unemployment rate measures the share of workers in the labor force who do not currently have a job but are actively looking for work. People who have not looked for work in the past four weeks are not included in this measure. It is important to keep in mind that the rate measures the percent of unemployed job seekers in the labor force—the sum of employed and unemployed persons—and not the entire population."

https://www.heritage.org/welfare/rep...00-poor-family

"The U.S. has an extensive support system for the poor; the average poor family with children receives $65,200 in government benefits and resources each year."

"President Biden proposes the largest welfare expansion in U.S history, which would add some $11,300 in new benefits for each poor family.Expanding government benefits and support to over $76,400 per family while scrapping work requirements would trap many families in costly and harmful dependence."

If you don't work, you don't have to worry about medical expenses as Medicaid will take care of it. You'll get a monthly check, plus SNAP, all without getting out of bed in the morning. You don't even have to put gas in the car. You can use your government provided cell phone, or your internet provider (allowance from the government for that). OR, you could find a job.

Oh, boo-hoo, I have taken a few jobs in my lifetime that were lower paying and not that pleasant, but I am not a welfare leech, as I was taught to have a work ethic and integrity!

Old 05-08-2022, 07:18 PM
nng

695 posts, read 286,149 times
good. I Feel sorry for the right wingers to be so unhappy at this good news. Anything to make Biden look bad and their messiah trump to look good. But when trump said his unemployment numbers were low everyone praised him but because it's a dem president now suddenly the unemployment numbers are false they're inaccurate and have cooked the books etc. no wonder this country is such a divided mess. And maybe the whole inflation isn't bidens fault since there is such a demand for workers, they've had to raise wages for everyone and that most likely contributed to inflation and higher prices for goods. But people would rather have a silly us vs them republican vs democrat partisan mentality. Pathetic and silly imo. I think partisan politics is going to end up destroying this country. There is To much of a divide between dems and republicans.

Old 05-08-2022, 07:27 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,280,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
Oh, I’m getting far more than that, lol. It makes up for only getting $300 across all 3 stimulus bills.

But it’s not really enough to keep me off the unemployment rolls, which is what this thread is really about. Not having to pay ~$400 a month for student loans isn’t going to feed me or house me unless I already have a job to begin with. If I didn’t have a job, my loan payment would probably be zero under IDR rules.
And this is what's wrong with Millenials.

"I remained employed and made too much money in 2019 to get a lot of stimmy checks. So, my student loan forbearance is my personally earned/due stimmy check. Even though it's a lot larger than what my stimmy check would have been."

You're a fraud.

You're a shining example of "Well, I paid more for college than I got out of it, but thank goodness the Federal Government is there to bail me out. Haha, screw the rest of you!! These are the rules!!!"

You lack a moral compass. It's "okay", many of us do. But bully for you that you'll be able to sleep well the rest of your life, knowing you spent more on your education than it educated you.

Old 05-08-2022, 07:57 PM

4,245 posts, read 1,593,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
And this is what's wrong with Millenials.

"I remained employed and made too much money in 2019 to get a lot of stimmy checks. So, my student loan forbearance is my personally earned/due stimmy check. Even though it's a lot larger than what my stimmy check would have been."

You're a fraud.

You're a shining example of "Well, I paid more for college than I got out of it, but thank goodness the Federal Government is there to bail me out. Haha, screw the rest of you!! These are the rules!!!"

You lack a moral compass. It's "okay", many of us do. But bully for you that you'll be able to sleep well the rest of your life, knowing you spent more on your education than it educated you.
I'm nearly 50 years old, and sleep just fine.

As I have said many times on this board, I never needed the stimulus checks, and I never needed the student loan payment pause either. But I'm not stupid. Just like no one here pays a penny more in federal/state income taxes than they have to, I'm not paying a penny more than the federal government says that I have to. When income tax rates went down, who here went, "Oh wait, I'm good, I'll just keep paying the old rate. I don't want people to think I lack a moral compass!" If student loan payments started again yesterday, I would be just fine. But if the administration decides that my loans are going to be forgiven earlier than I thought under PSLF, I'm okay with that too. My education taught me to get the best deal that I can. I think I got a pretty good one here.

Old 05-08-2022, 08:00 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,280,435 times
everything I said beyond you being a Millenial remains true.

Old 05-08-2022, 08:08 PM

4,245 posts, read 1,593,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
everything I said beyond you being a Millenial remains true.
As long as my student loan pause/forgiveness continues, I'm okay with that.

Old 05-09-2022, 07:46 AM

33,465 posts, read 17,980,131 times
They graduated to welfare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies