Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2022, 10:37 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,706,007 times

Advertisements

That's right, nobody is going to change their vote based on the current abortion debate.

The Democrats are in for a very hard and painful lesson come November when Democrats are voted out 'en masse'. They think Americans support their abortion as contraception ideology.

Truth is, people only care peripherally about abortion. What they really care about is their own lives and being able to pay the bills and provide for their families. Biden was handed the potential for a massive economic recovery on a silver platter and he blew it by blowing out the economy with unnecessary spending to turbo charge inflation and re-introduce regulation at all levels of government.

And if that weren't bad enough, he ruined America's reputation by abandoning "no man left behind" when he left hundreds of Americans behind and ceded billions of military equipment to the Taliban in the biggest foreign embarrassment in US history

And if that weren't bad enough, he blew the border wide open for millions of illegals to flood in

And if that weren't bad enough, he came out in favor of sex change operations for little kids and had the DOJ label concerned parents as "domestic terrorists"

I could go on, but I don't have to.

The Abortion debate is a complete nothingburger in the upcoming elections. Expect a historic meltdown when that sinks in come November
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2022, 10:44 AM

17,002 posts, read 12,582,011 times
It will have some affect. Not end of the world huge, but it will move the posts a bit toward the Dems. This does not mean a huge number of changes, but some very close ones might change.

Old 05-05-2022, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
It will have some affect. Not end of the world huge, but it will move the posts a bit toward the Dems. This does not mean a huge number of changes, but some very close ones might change.
I agree, re the Democrats, since it will motivate more to come out and vote. But it will not sway independents and certainly not Republicans. But that won't be enough to overcome the anger and what the Democrats have done to this country

Old 05-05-2022, 10:46 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,275,010 times
I will still vote red even if they ban abortion, but a lot of moderates won't, especially if they start going after marijuana and igniting the war on drugs again. We will not put up with the puritan right peddling their crap like the woke left does. Let people have their personal freedom. Be the party of freedom. Maybe try being fiscally responsible instead of supporting MMT and pumping up of asset bubbles and using the printing press to try to print prosperity which is basically a form of welfare. Maximum freedom with maximum accountability would be best for society. That's not really what republicans support. They support corporate bailouts like the left supports perpetual welfare. They support importing illegals if they think the cheap labor will help them out, with few exceptions. Neither party is optimal.

The gains in wisconsin this spring in getting rid of progressives at the local level happened in spite of the republican power structure in the state, not because of it, and were largely grass roots organized. They are too busy fishing for donations and being corrupt as usual. Both political parties are corrupt.

Old 05-05-2022, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
We will not put up with the puritan right peddling their crap like the woke left does
The New Right is far more Libertarian than Puritan. They are not standing in the way of marijuana legalization, for example, or for decades past notions like regulating private sexual activity.

The philosophy of the day is "don't tell me what to do" - abortion is a complete outlier in all this because of the second life involved.

Old 05-05-2022, 10:53 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 21 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,111,637 times
Media industrial complex is giving it all they got

Old 05-05-2022, 10:55 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,275,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Media industrial complex is giving it all they got
It's amazing how they paint people who really haven't changed their views much in 20 years as extremists while people who constantly change their views every few months and then claim that anyone that doesn't adopt their new views are bigots paint themselves as the normal ones.

They are the extremists, the woke left. The puritan right, they are just being who they've always been. I can respect that, even if I disagree with them on the abortion issue.

I really don't know how they can keep a straight face and say they are normal when they are peddling all this gender questioning in the school systems. This is tough for me because there is a part of me that is puritan and wants to support the puritan wing of the party, but I saw them sue to nullify legal marijuana in South Dakota and get the courts to throw it out... it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. As a science minded guy I know that marijuana is far less harmful and far more superior to alcohol.. if anything I'd legalize marijuana and ban alcohol if I was a puritan. Plus they always promote being the "party of freedom" which if you really look objectively is not really true.

If republicans really aren't opposing legal marijuana, then they can easily get the 60 senate votes needed to pass the bill that the house passed a couple months ago. It won't happen. The left would get senile old Biden to sign anything put in front of him, so that's not an issue.

As for the abortion issue.. if you think it's popular policy to try to implement and it's an issue you are passionate about, go for it. It's not an issue I'm particularly passionate about. I'm more into fiscal policy, and eliminating handouts and this whole rewarding of bad behavior we do.. whether it's bailouts for "too big to fail" corporations or perpetual welfare for people who refuse to work. The whole Robin Hood syndrome and coddling our society does as a late stage capitalist culture with "first world problems" ...

Last edited by sholomar; 05-05-2022 at 11:04 AM..

Old 05-05-2022, 11:05 AM

13,929 posts, read 5,614,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
This.

A race here or there will get altered a few points towards D, but only those races where the D/R thing is neck and neck will produce a tangible result from that. Beyond that, it won't really change the overall result of November, which is the Senate going GOP and the House either going GOP or getting a lot closer.

But yeah, this will have some effect, just not major.

Old 05-05-2022, 11:27 AM

984 posts, read 441,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
I agree, re the Democrats, since it will motivate more to come out and vote. But it will not sway independents and certainly not Republicans. But that won't be enough to overcome the anger and what the Democrats have done to this country
I think you might be surprised. I know a handful of people who have gotten abortions. Not all of them vote blue, but I'm seeing some "what are we going to do about this??" type posts from some of them, along with some others who usually seem pretty conservative.

Old 05-05-2022, 11:33 AM

6,007 posts, read 2,829,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonMB View Post
I think you might be surprised. I know a handful of people who have gotten abortions. Not all of them vote blue, but I'm seeing some "what are we going to do about this??" type posts from some of them, along with some others who usually seem pretty conservative.
Then, they should vote for the people who will best represent them in their State Legislature races. If Roe V Wade is overturned, it does not matter who wins Federal elections.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies