Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2022, 07:00 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The only problem is that the worst is yet to come.

We still have a grossly over valued stock and real estate market facing inflation, rising interest rates, cessation of QE and an idiot at the helm of the government.

This is just the beginning of another 2008 economic meltdown.
At least the balance sheets of the banks are better so it will just be the general public who will get slaughtered.

You may want to create your retirement plans in pencil going forward.
I hate to say it, but I think you're wrong. This could be as bad as the Carter era crash, far worse than '08. Hope I'm wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2022, 07:11 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
People need to enjoy the cow pie sandwich they voted for!

Old 05-06-2022, 07:17 AM

5,935 posts, read 2,762,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
All Rainbows and Unicorns …. Everyone should just Click the heels of their Ruby Slippers …..
And whisper Transitory ~ Transitory ~ Transitory

The Federal Reserve did too little - too late.
We are in Bear Territory (I went there 3rd quarter last year)

A Recession is coming, Inflation will go higher, the Market is unstable and TeamBiden is clueless.

For you kiddos that are at least 10-15 years Out from thinking about Retirement - keep in mind that your managed 401K will be buying low. No worries.

For those close to Retirement or retired on a Fixed Income (Fixed Income is my position) - Buckle Up
It’s going to be a bumpy ride. The Reality is that we had plenty of notice of what is headed our way.

Democrats are concerned with the “important” stuff - White Supremacists, Critical Race Theory, Gender Identity, the Weather Seasons, teaching small children about Sex, Abortion sent back to States to debate & convincing Parents they have no say in the Education of their Children, while they establish a Ministry of Truth.

Normal people are concerned with putting food on their Table, Gas in their vehicles and keeping their jobs.
We might already be in a recession. We won't definitively know until Q2 data has been tabulated and released. The definition of a recession is two successive quarters of decline in GDP and Q1 was a huge miss from expectations, a lot lower than what was forecast.

Old 05-06-2022, 07:23 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
We might already be in a recession. We won't definitively know until Q2 data has been tabulated and released. The definition of a recession is two successive quarters of decline in GDP and Q1 was a huge miss from expectations, a lot lower than what was forecast.
Yeah, people forget that "recession" actually has a definition. But who can blame them, with all the talking heads breathlessly asking other talking heads if "we are in a recession yet?"

I am short the market through PSQ while long a selected stock. I think we may have a ways to fall - maybe all summer. But I don't know where we will fall to.

Old 05-06-2022, 07:23 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Not sure why you all act surprised. Everything has worked as designed. The democrats’ job is to destroy this country and they are doing a great job.

Old 05-06-2022, 08:11 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Friday, 5/6/22
The downward trajectory continues, or even worsens. If this turns into a rout, it will be like in 2008 when they shot the survivors.
All we can do it try to make money on the way down and use it when things stabilize. Even so, I remind myself that in Japan they never did recover - not in 30 years, since their bubble popped.

Old 05-06-2022, 08:16 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Friday, 5/6/22
The downward trajectory continues, or even worsens. If this turns into a rout, it will be like in 2008 when they shot the survivors.
All we can do it try to make money on the way down and use it when things stabilize. Even so, I remind myself that in Japan they never did recover - not in 30 years, since their bubble popped.
After a very sharp pre-opening plunge, the Dow is struggling to swim back upstream a little. That's a small spark of hope.

Old 05-06-2022, 08:19 AM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Friday, 5/6/22

That's the scary thing... The fed has been using QE to pump the stock market up since the last recession. We may have gotten 3 decades of stock market growth in one decade. The underline economy wasn't that great, but that never even mattered. Had I known how this stuff works then, I would have been more greedy over the past decade... I fear the easy money has all been made.

Are dims gonna start demanding more QE and more hyperinflation vs this falling knife of a market on Biden's watch??? We'll have to see if they can figure out 2+2 and what QE is all about first... Stay tuned... The wheels of logic move very slowly in those Bidenvilles, but they move none the less.

Old 05-06-2022, 08:22 AM

5,935 posts, read 2,762,114 times
^And with PPI at 10%, everybody is going to lose if the market continues to decline, or worse, crash after a year of declines.

Old 05-06-2022, 08:24 AM

29,534 posts, read 19,626,354 times
Selloff continues this morning. Dow down 200pts.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/05/stoc...lose-news.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies