Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think a woman should be put to death for having an abortion, regardless of her reason or circ
YES 5 4.46%
NO 107 95.54%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2022, 02:54 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,805,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don' see many rational fair minded people thinking that this should happen.
You think the far Right is rational or fair minded? Not in the least.

Old 05-06-2022, 02:56 PM

2,023 posts, read 1,313,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Texas has a bill https://capitol.texas.gov/tlodocs/86...f/HB00896I.pdf
IT would ban any abortion post fertilization with the death penalty for the woman and any doctor for assisting. It also bans the morning after pill, and IVF
Pretty sure that bill 896 was shot down in 2019.

Old 05-06-2022, 02:57 PM

52,256 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
You think the far left is rational or fair minded?

Boys menstruate?
Math is racist?

LOL, I could go on and on. You've got crazy folks on either end.

Old 05-06-2022, 02:58 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,954,430 times
Quote:
2 states out of 50? How many are really onboard? Crazy bills are introduced all the time. My point was that I think most rational people aren't going to be ok with the death penalty for an abortion.

You've got crazy outliers on either side of any a given issue.
2 states so far. There will be others along soon, all trying to out-do each other in how restrictive and draconian they can get. Watch the news in the next few weeks.

Here's a list of what some other states are working on.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...hAIN_oeUC8Kc0W

Old 05-06-2022, 03:02 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,805,058 times
Quote:
You think the far left is rational or fair minded?

Boys menstruate?
Math is racist?

LOL, I could go on and on. You've got crazy folks on either end.
Whataboutism is the hallmark of a poorly constructed argument.

Old 05-06-2022, 03:03 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulsa View Post
Pretty sure that bill 896 was shot down in 2019.
It was left pending in committee. The LA bill is out of committee and is headed to the floor for debate on the 12th.

Old 05-06-2022, 03:03 PM

5,956 posts, read 2,877,447 times
Quote:
And nether is the Left.

Old 05-06-2022, 03:08 PM

20,390 posts, read 14,656,708 times
The choice folks say that women don't abort fully developed and viable unborn babies, unless it is a medical emergency (such as danger to the life of the mother.)

The life folks say that is baloney and these women are having babies ghoulishly murdered up to birth.

OK. Once again I say...let's make laws that call the bluff.

Mifepristone and misoprostol continue to be legal. This terminates pregnancy up to 12 weeks. The surgical form of abortion becomes illegal unless done in a hospital setting for medical emergency reasons. If it is possible in those cases to save the lives of both mother and child, then that's the aim.

No more "late term abortions for the convenience of women" or anything like that.

No more arguments about miscarriages (which almost always happen by 6 weeks) being possibly "suspicious." By 12 weeks, nobody is even gonna know a woman is pregnant unless she tells them.

No more argument over whether there should be exceptions for rape or incest. Or if so, how to get around all the "he said/she said" where people too often don't believe victims anyways. No worries about that if we just legislate based on procedure type.

Are any states proposing something like this? Is literally anyone interested in the easiest solution that would probably satisfy more people on both sides than any other? Or is the point just a winner takes all hissy-fit deathmatch?

'Cause it sure as hell seems to me that what most folks in these arguments are invested in more than anything, is pointing their finger at those on the other side and accusing them of being evil monsters. The left is pointing at the right saying they don't care if women die of ectopic pregnancies or if 11 year olds get raped and have to give birth. The right is pointing at the left saying we are happy about fully or nearly full grown babies being ripped apart and viciously murdered. Seems to me that the part that has become more important than the actual subject at hand, is justifying hatred of the "other side."

You hate women!
You hate babies!

Until anyone is willing to look at rational compromises, the most meaningful overall result is just yet another thing over which to tear this country apart. Hell there have been a few posters who openly admit that's what they want.

They ought to really stop claiming to love America, though. That's for damn sure.

Old 05-06-2022, 03:13 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,954,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
The choice folks say that women don't abort fully developed and viable unborn babies, unless it is a medical emergency (such as danger to the life of the mother.)

The life folks say that is baloney and these women are having babies ghoulishly murdered up to birth.

OK. Once again I say...let's make laws that call the bluff.

Mifepristone and misoprostol continue to be legal. This terminates pregnancy up to 12 weeks. The surgical form of abortion becomes illegal unless done in a hospital setting for medical emergency reasons. If it is possible in those cases to save the lives of both mother and child, then that's the aim.

No more "late term abortions for the convenience of women" or anything like that.

No more arguments about miscarriages (which almost always happen by 6 weeks) being possibly "suspicious." By 12 weeks, nobody is even gonna know a woman is pregnant unless she tells them.

No more argument over whether there should be exceptions for rape or incest. Or if so, how to get around all the "he said/she said" where people too often don't believe victims anyways. No worries about that if we just legislate based on procedure type.

Are any states proposing something like this? Is literally anyone interested in the easiest solution that would probably satisfy more people on both sides than any other? Or is the point just a winner takes all hissy-fit deathmatch?

'Cause it sure as hell seems to me that what most folks in these arguments are invested in more than anything, is pointing their finger at those on the other side and accusing them of being evil monsters. The left is pointing at the right saying they don't care if women die of ectopic pregnancies or if 11 year olds get raped and have to give birth. The right is pointing at the left saying we are happy about fully or nearly full grown babies being ripped apart and viciously murdered. Seems to me that the part that has become more important than the actual subject at hand, is justifying hatred of the "other side."

You hate women!
You hate babies!

Until anyone is willing to look at rational compromises, the most meaningful overall result is just yet another thing over which to tear this country apart. Hell there have been a few posters who openly admit that's what they want.

They ought to really stop claiming to love America, though. That's for damn sure.
Go tell this to the legislators in Lousiana and Texas. And all the other states where they are trying to out-do each other with unreasonable restrictions on women.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...hAIN_oeUC8Kc0W

I agree with you that reasonable laws are needed. Most thinking people would agree with that. But look at what some of these state legislators are trying to do If Roe v Wade is overturned.

Old 05-06-2022, 03:16 PM

52,256 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Whataboutism is the hallmark of a poorly constructed argument.
LOL, okay.

Dropping the whataboutism is the hallmark of poorly constructed argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies