Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2022, 09:27 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,248,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I said I told a white lie. And you were going to "report me to the attendants and have me removed from the plane". Good luck with that.
You're confusing me with another poster. I would have laughed in your face and coughed back. I don't live in fear so your little ruse would have been comical to me.

Old 05-06-2022, 10:10 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,972,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
LOL, y'all sure are getting bent out of shape over someone coughing while wearing a mask. How about all those anti maskers who claimed that they spend the entire 10 hour flight sipping a drink so they never had to wear a mask. That was acceptable, right? They can fib/lie, but normstad isn't allowed to play the game on the opposite side? The hypocrisy is amusing.
The game that poster is playing is entirely his own, and it's a psychopathic one. "Tee hee, I enjoy watching people grudgingly put on masks at my behest." Sick.

Old 05-07-2022, 12:42 AM

3,234 posts, read 3,191,046 times
I’m on a flight right now, heading to Orlando from LAX, home of the All Sex Bathrooms, and maybe 5% to 10% of people are wearing masks. What’s funny is that the airport website was updated stating no masks are required, but at then when you get there you still heard announcements and saw videos demanding everyone to mask up. And were ignored.

If someone asked me to mask I would say it’s against the law (except in certain circumstances). At least right now!

Old 05-07-2022, 12:59 AM

2,518 posts, read 2,056,725 times
"How to Ask A Seatmate to Mask: The New Etiquette for Maskless Flights"

I wouldnt get mean or aggressive in response. Not anything that the TSA or Stewardess could use to throw me off the plane.

But I would look them in the eye, and say dismissively in my best Monty Python accent:

"I fart in your general direction"

Whatchu gonna do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ro4DrewXHE

Old 05-07-2022, 05:52 AM

59,017 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/trave...rtesy-flights/

Ah, the Washington Post is always good for a laugh. The entire article is pure comedy gold from beginning to end.

These people, liberals, are insane.
"You can't reason with UN-reasonable people"!

Old 05-07-2022, 06:38 AM

8,040 posts, read 10,632,364 times
Is it too far of a stretch for me to say the article is a good example of how far we have fallen as a people?

Absolutely pathetic that people are still this hung up on the stupid masks.

If you are that scared of other people, just don't fly. Otherwise, wear your mask because absolutely no one else cares. Just please wear a clean one because there is nothing grosser then seeing someone with a filthy, snotty mask stuck to their face that looks like they have worn the same one for the past two years.

I am due to fly alone in a few weeks. I don't fly often, and plan to enjoy it. If the passanger next to me says one word to me about putting on a mask, or even more incredibly rude, offers me one, I will do one of the following:

- Giggle at them for about five minutes like I think they just told the best joke
- Let them know I have not had even one of the Covid vaccines so they can feel doubly afraid
- Answer them in some kind of crazy made-up gibberish that they won't be able to understand
- Completely ignore them, put on my headphones, and pretend to fall into a sudden deep sleep. It's a short flight.
- If I had to go to extremes, I could say somthing totally crazy like " I'm sorry, I can't wear masks, they make me poop my pants". I'm old enough that I could get away with that one.

I mean what are they going to do, try to forcibly put one on you? Keep yammering on long after you have tuned them out?

Hopefully, they will decide they are sitting next to a nutcase and either shut up or ask to switch seats with another passenger, which will be the best possible outcome for me.

How's that for advice on the new "flying etiquette" Washington Post?

Last edited by RogueMom; 05-07-2022 at 06:50 AM..

Old 05-07-2022, 06:44 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,803,058 times
Why would anyone even consider asking? Likely you’d get screamed at or punched. Don’t fly if you’re not ok with unmasked people because you can be sure they aren’t going to just politely comply.

Old 05-07-2022, 07:23 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,592,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Why would anyone even consider asking? Likely you’d get screamed at or punched. Don’t fly if you’re not ok with unmasked people because you can be sure they aren’t going to just politely comply.
You are probably right. That appears to be the mentality of anti-maskers. We agree.

Old 05-07-2022, 07:47 AM

11,460 posts, read 5,980,816 times
Commercial aircrafts should offer "masking sections" at the rear of their aircraft. Sections where all of the terrified mask addicts can voluntarily sit together in blissful harmony. This way at least they can be among their own kind.

Old 05-07-2022, 08:03 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,152,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I said I told a white lie. And you were going to "report me to the attendants and have me removed from the plane". Good luck with that.
Oh, no, my friend. You said your wife had Covid and you were coughing. You violated the rules. You WOULD be removed from the plane. You are supposed to be quarantined at least 5 days after being in close contact with a person who has Covid and displaying symptoms (coughing) yourself, test or no test. You said your wife had Covid and you coughed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies