Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2022, 10:29 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
No, you claimed that you never posted it all because you mean to delete it. It’s easier to just be honest rather then twisting yourself into a pretzel trying to deny reality.

Protesting peacefully in front of the SC Building is an appropriate form of protest as is calling and writing to elected reps.

Harassing people at their homes and at their churches is not.
I'm sure this back and forth is becoming extremely boring to everyone else in this thread, and I won't respond to this specific thing again.

Now. What's appropriate feedback when the public at large disagrees with a Supreme Court decision?

Old 05-06-2022, 10:30 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Why? I mean that sincerely.

Why would a president, on witnessing something as ground breaking as overturning Roe, attempt to tamp down the negative feedback?

Why do that?
Because he has sworn an oath to support and defend the US Constitution. Roe is being overturned on Constitutional grounds.

Old 05-06-2022, 10:31 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
I'm sure this back and forth is becoming extremely boring to everyone else in this thread, and I won't respond to this specific thing again.

Now. What's appropriate feedback when the public at large disagrees with a Supreme Court decision?
I answered you question already in the post you are responding to in the second and third paragraph.

Old 05-06-2022, 10:32 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Because he has sworn an oath to support and defend the US Constitution. Roe is being overturned on Constitutional grounds.
That doesn't answer the question.

The people have every right to peaceful protest, even if it's loud and shrill and annoying.

What is the president's duty here? Are you suggesting he tell the public not to make their feelings known?

That the citizens who believe they're entitled to Roe protections should just go home and draw their shutters closed and lump it?

not in this country

Old 05-06-2022, 10:33 AM

10,097 posts, read 7,767,103 times
It's like BLM riots all over again. Things will be burned and rocks thrown, and upheaval in the streets but it will be called peaceful protesting. Dems need to learn to accept things that don't go their way. They are acting like babies stomping their feet until they get their way.

They sure are fighting hard for their rights to kill babies up until birth.

Old 05-06-2022, 10:33 AM

9,169 posts, read 13,249,970 times
Quote:

Contact your Congressional Representative and/or State Representatives that you want the law changed.

Old 05-06-2022, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Contact your Congressional Representative and/or State Representatives that you want the law changed.
Yep. And protest peacefully outside of the SC building but don’t confront people at their homes or churches.

Old 05-06-2022, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Well, you could do that. That's an option, although this is a pending supreme court decision that hasn't been made yet, so it seems the most direct, and likely effective, way to deal with it is to rise up as a very large voice and protest.

Who knows, they have changed the votes and may not even have the votes to overturn anymore. As the process goes, we aren't entitled to the inner workings until they're ready to announce, so this will drag on for months.

Additionally, during this time, states will have the chance to watch this unfold and consider their trigger laws that will make abortion illegal on overturning Roe. So that's an opportunity the protesters don't want to miss.

Old 05-06-2022, 10:40 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
That doesn't answer the question.

The people have every right to peaceful protest, even if it's loud and shrill and annoying.

What is the president's duty here? Are you suggesting he tell the public not to make their feelings known?

That the citizens who believe they're entitled to Roe protections should just go home and draw their shutters closed and lump it?

not in this country
Constitutionally, Roe confers no abortion protection. That's why it's being overturned and the regulation of abortion is being correctly returned to the states. Much like the states regulate 2nd Amendment Rights as they see fit.

As Biden has sworn an oath to support and defend the US Constitution, he has a duty to support and defend this year's overturning of Roe on Constitutional grounds. Since he promised to be a "uniter," why isn't he uniting?

Old 05-06-2022, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Well, you could do that. That's an option, although this is a pending supreme court decision that hasn't been made yet, so it seems the most direct, and likely effective, way to deal with it is to rise up as a very large voice and protest.

Who knows, they have changed the votes and may not even have the votes to overturn anymore. As the process goes, we aren't entitled to the inner workings until they're ready to announce, so this will drag on for months.

Additionally, during this time, states will have the chance to watch this unfold and consider their trigger laws that will make abortion illegal on overturning Roe. So that's an opportunity the protesters don't want to miss.
How is protesting at churches going to change anything? The people at church are not making the decision. You’re just going to scare and intimidate people who are at church on Mother’s Day.

How is protesting at the SC Justices homes going to help? They are following the Constitution. All you’re going to do is scare them and their families. Not cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies