Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2022, 10:10 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,975,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
You seem to be promoting harassment and intimidation tactics.

It’s never inappropriate to call for peace.
After I posted that, I had gone through the process of deleting it immediately, because I really thought better of it. Apparently I didn't get all the way through the third delete, and the post stood.

Thank you for pointing that out, and I'm sorry I was unable to reconsider and delete immediately as I intended.

Physical violence against humans is never a good thing, in a protest.

But overturning some tables, and sending the merchants scattering in a Biblical way is sometimes called for. Upsetting the apple cart.

And this is one time we need to draw a line in the sand. We will not retreat.

Old 05-06-2022, 10:15 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
After I posted that, I had gone through the process of deleting it immediately, because I really thought better of it. Apparently I didn't get all the way through the third delete, and the post stood.

Thank you for pointing that out, and I'm sorry I was unable to reconsider and delete immediately as I intended.

Physical violence against humans is never a good thing, in a protest.

But overturning some tables, and sending the merchants scattering in a Biblical way is sometimes called for. Upsetting the apple cart.

And this is one time we need to draw a line in the sand. We will not retreat.
Yes said you never posted in that thread but are now saying you did and tried to delete it. Anyway, glad you changed your mind. Hopefully it’s because you don’t believe in violence, not because you got called out for it.

Would you feel intimidated if a group posted your address online for a decsion you made at work and showed up at your home and protested? Just curious. I consider that to be an extremely intimidating act and not ok at all.

Old 05-06-2022, 10:20 AM

9,865 posts, read 7,736,569 times
Quote:
As a former catholic, I'm telling you anyone in the church will spot you before you even take your seat in a pew. Catholics in this thread will absolutely back me up.

Catholics have rituals, that when not performed, are obvious to everyone observing.

And you will create a bit of fear, this weekend, as an outsider at their Mass.
Interesting. Everyone is welcome at our non-Catholic church this weekend. Will be lots of new folks because it's mother's day and families will be dedicating their new babies. One is a young teen who hid her pregnancy but surprising to some, we all still love and support her.

As for possible violence, well, we have security plus many who conceal carry.

It's a terrible shame that our churches are ever targets of violence. Hoping all protests are peaceful.

Old 05-06-2022, 10:20 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

Quote:
Yes said you never posted in that thread but are now saying you did and tried to delete it. Anyway, glad you changed your mind. Hopefully it’s because you don’t believe in violence, not because you got called out for it.

Would you feel intimidated if a group posted your address online for a decsion you made at work and showed up at your home and protested? Just curious. I consider that to be an extremely intimidating act and not ok at all.
Right. Which would be never posting. Like writing a letter and not sending it. I believed I had successfully deleted it.

I don't agree with doxing them, I think I've made that clear that it was not what I wanted to say. Showing up at their doorstep and threatening them is not the way to go about negative feedback.

ON THE OTHER HAND, I have made some unpopular decisions and have gotten calls at my home and notes left in my mailbox (which is a federal crime but still).

Voting to overturn Roe V Wade should not be done without negative consequences felt. Whether that's at the ballot box, or in shunning the justices from invitations to public speeches, etc.

We don't have to take this sweetly, which is apparently what is being counted on. That the p**sy hat wearing crowd will continue to make their presence known without real negative impact.

Old 05-06-2022, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Right. Which would be never posting. Like writing a letter and not sending it. I believed I had successfully deleted it.

I don't agree with doxing them, I think I've made that clear that it was not what I wanted to say.

ON THE OTHER HAND, I have made some unpopular decisions and have gotten calls at my home and notes left in my mailbox (which is a federal crime but still).

Voting to overturn Roe V Wade should not be done without negative consequences felt. Whether that's at the ballot box, or in shunning the justices from invitations to public speeches, etc.

We don't have to take this sweetly.
It wouldn’t be there if you didn’t post it. How you can deny ever posting it all is really something else.

You said what you said.

Old 05-06-2022, 10:24 AM

21,939 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
There are violent extremists on both sides. This is not ok.
Not really. 99.9% are on the left.

Old 05-06-2022, 10:24 AM

Quote:
It wouldn’t be there if you didn’t post it. How you can deny ever posting it all is really something else.

You said what you said.
Right. I've already said that.

Back on topic.

What is acceptable feedback from the public, for a supreme court decision the public very strongly disagrees with?

Old 05-06-2022, 10:26 AM

21,939 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Well, millions of people voted for a brain-dead America-hating idiot, so . . .
Actually, it turns out, they did cheat. An organization called True The Vote tracked cell phone data and could tell that liberals stuffed drop boxes. So yes, they DID cheat.

Old 05-06-2022, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Right. I've already said that.

Back on topic.

What is acceptable feedback from the public, for a supreme court decision the public very strongly disagrees with?
No, you claimed that you never posted it all because you meant to delete it. It’s easier to just be honest rather then twisting yourself into a pretzel trying to deny reality.

Protesting peacefully in front of the SC Building is an appropriate form of protest as is calling and writing to elected reps.

Harassing people at their homes and at their churches is not.

Old 05-06-2022, 10:29 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Does Roe V Wade, as it stands, not force the views of pro-abortion people on those who have pro-life views?
No. No one is forced to have an abortion against their will under roe v wade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies