Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2022, 07:20 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,218,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
^^^post of the week IMHO! Well played. Black women & Latino's work their butts off, and they've won my respect.

Black men, & white Libs...not so much. I see them as dragging us all down.
Of course I would defer to your judgment on this situation at hand, seeing as your location is 92% white with a .6% black population. Yea I guess all of the hard working black men and white liberals that I see in my area are a figment of my imagination.

I do agree that I see a lot of hardworking black women and Latinos. I really appreciate how hard black women are working to ensure that there is competent liberal leadership in this country.

Hell, I see hardworking people of every race on a day to day basis. You and I both know there are many red areas of this country where the people who live there shouldn’t be categorized as hard working. This post is just straight cope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2022, 07:22 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,467,062 times
https://www.econport.org/content/han...ipation%20rate.

Quote:
While studying employment, another important figure to determine is the labor force participation rate. Here, we compare the size of the labor force with the number of people that could potentially be a part of the labor force. It is important to note that we do not include people under the age of 16 in this figure. In addition, students, retirees, the disabled, homemakers, and the voluntarily idle are not counted in the labor force. The labor force as the percentage of the total population over the minimum working age is called labor force participation rate.

Labor Force Participation Rate = (Labor Force / Total Population over Age 16) * 100
I'm not sure if this was resolved already but homemakers and retirees are not counted in the labor force but are still a factor in the labor force participation rate. A lot of white boomers dropped out of the labor force due to having the financial means to do so.

Old 05-08-2022, 07:25 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,532,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
You are diverting from being caught manipulating data to push racial propaganda.
What's really funny about this attack is that there is nothing I said that could be construed to be racist. In the first sentence I characterized a typical conservative view, not my own view. If not all conservatives hold that view that's fine, but it is indeed a common view among conservatives.

Then until the last sentence I just described the statistical facts. If somebody thinks statistical facts are racist, then too bad.

The only sentence where I did any sort of characterizing of any race is the last one about Hispanics, but that was a good characterization, so I hardly think it was "racist."
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
A common theme heard on these boards and elsewhere in conservative-land is that it is minorities who are disproportionately on welfare, on government assistance, or otherwise not working, and so on.

However, since the pandemic, that is no longer true. As of last month, the racial/ethnic group with the lowest labor force participation rate are ... Whites.

Black unemployment rate falls to pandemic-era low in April

In the article is a table and 2 charts. The 2nd chart is the one of most interest, called "U.S. labor force participation rates."

As of last month, the group with the highest LFPR was Hispanics at 66.1%.
Next were Asians at 64.4%.
Below that were Blacks at 62.3%.
And last were Whites at 61.9%.

In fact, the White and Black LFPR's have been dancing around each other for almost a year.

And the group that seems most maligned on these boards - Hispanics - are actually the hardest working.

Old 05-08-2022, 07:27 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,218,405 times
Quote:
That poster did not imply it, he outright said a racist comment.

That poster said a blatantly racist comment and you rush in to downplay, sanitize, and finger point that other people are racists too.

If you are truly opposed to racism, call it out when you see it. Don't equivocate.
You’re right, imply wasn’t the right word. The power did flat out say that immigrants and POC is the real America. If you are truly opposed to racism, you would call it out when you see it from all sides. There are numerous threads on this board where a lot of posters say the same things(switch races) as what the poster you responded to said.

Be honest, have you called it out when many conservatives have said demeaning things about other races on this board?

Old 05-08-2022, 07:57 PM

7,922 posts, read 3,462,774 times
I question the motives of anyone who thinks this is something worth gloating about.

Old 05-08-2022, 11:11 PM

8,336 posts, read 2,963,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
You’re right, imply wasn’t the right word. The power did flat out say that immigrants and POC is the real America. If you are truly opposed to racism, you would call it out when you see it from all sides. There are numerous threads on this board where a lot of posters say the same things(switch races) as what the poster you responded to said.

Be honest, have you called it out when many conservatives have said demeaning things about other races on this board?
Do you have an example of demeaning things conservatives have said about other races? To suggest that without proof isn’t much of a backing.

Old 05-09-2022, 04:56 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Reality isnt really important anymore. It's all perception nowadays. And the perception is that black people as a whole are lazy.
"It's all perception nowadays. And the perception is that black people as a whole are lazy."

The perception is that many on the left think that those on the right think "that black people as a whole are lazy."

Old 05-09-2022, 05:16 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post

Yes, and I've reported racist things to moderators.

Thank you for admitting that poster was being racist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
What's really funny about this attack is that there is nothing I said that could be construed to be racist. In the first sentence I characterized a typical conservative view, not my own view. If not all conservatives hold that view that's fine, but it is indeed a common view among conservatives.

Then until the last sentence I just described the statistical facts. If somebody thinks statistical facts are racist, then too bad.

The only sentence where I did any sort of characterizing of any race is the last one about Hispanics, but that was a good characterization, so I hardly think it was "racist."
You posted false and misleading info to push a political agenda. By definition that is propaganda. Your propaganda was racial to push a lie about races. It was racial propaganda.

You had zero clue what LFPR included and excluded into the calculations based on the BS you were claiming.

When called out on this point, you literally posted a link that proved you wrong, but argued it proved you right. Total clown show.

Your Propaganda was pushing a narrative.

You said: "A common theme heard on these boards and elsewhere in conservative-land is that it is minorities who are disproportionately on welfare, on government assistance, or otherwise not working, and so on.

However, since the pandemic, that is no longer true. As of last month, the racial/ethnic group with the lowest labor force participation rate are ... Whites."

You clearly imply something that is false to push one race down. That is racial propaganda.

Total clown thread where you posted not 1, but 2 links that you couldn't comprehend.

Old 05-09-2022, 05:42 AM

8,336 posts, read 2,963,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
It is pretty crazy how people are presented with cold hard facts that don't paint their group in a positive light and then jump all over the thread with posts like these.

Face it, whites are lazy these days.. and I'm white..
You’re falling into .0007 category. Is that the reputation you desire here?

Old 05-09-2022, 08:43 AM

20,872 posts, read 9,532,948 times
Quote:
You posted false and misleading info to push a political agenda.
Except for the inconvenient fact it is not false or misleading information. It is a statistical fact that whites have the lowest labor force participation rate of any racial group.

Quote:
By definition that is propaganda. Your propaganda was racial to push a lie about races. It was racial propaganda.
Except that it isn't a lie, it's a statistical fact.

Quote:

You said: "A common theme heard on these boards and elsewhere in conservative-land is that it is minorities who are disproportionately on welfare, on government assistance, or otherwise not working, and so on.

However, since the pandemic, that is no longer true. As of last month, the racial/ethnic group with the lowest labor force participation rate are ... Whites."

You clearly imply something that is false to push one race down ...
This is where you've failed to understand: I was not pushing a race down, I was pushing an ideology down - conservatism. Even if I was incorrect about the definition of LFPR, that still does not mean I was attacking whites. In the excerpt you quoted I even said, "A common theme heard on these boards and elsewhere in conservative-land." Once again: "in conservative-land..." That is, I was setting up an argument to ridicule conservatives' belief about whites compared to other racial groups. Again: I was ridiculing conservatives' beliefs, not a racial group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies