Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2022, 10:43 AM

41,964 posts, read 75,205,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny3 View Post
I'm mostly sick of the never ending Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Which is exactly what the OP is doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Here's some food for thought. Instead of your people discussing
"Your people"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
??? Huh. Discussing diversity and equity will lead to fixing those other issues.
Exactly.

Quote:
I find it quite telling that no response ever says something to the effect of, "I'm not afraid of losing my supremacy." Or, "I don't have issues with Black women becoming Supreme Court Justices or press secretaries and I further know that they put in the work and effort to get to where they are." No, posters like this one just say, "Stop talking about it. Leave us alone." As if the problems will resolve if we just ignore them or only talk about how no Black woman is capable of any position of authority.
I've noticed that as well. The other popular responses include changing the subject and finger pointing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I don't care if the press secretary is a three headed blue with green polka dot hermaphrodite from the third moon of Saturn. As long as it is doing it's job satisfactorily and not rubbing everyone's nose in how wonderful and diverse it is (as folks like you love to do), I don't have a problem with it. As long as it shuts it's mouth about "diversity" and performs it's task... we're all cool with it. (well, except you leftists. Y'all like to crow like little roosters in the henhouse)
The hypocrisy in this post is stunning, and not in a good way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
I'm all for any color of skin and any member of any culture achieving anything they can work for and are qualified to get what I'm not for is to reward welfare parasites and give minorities Equity because they don't have the capability of achieving this on their own so we give them handouts to make them equal.
Why do you assume that only "minorities" are on the receiving end of equity discussions? Or that equity is some kind of "reward" that only certain people are deserving of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Last I check, it’s the radical woke liberals who believe EVs are the future.

Clearly he’s a darling of the left.
You're neglecting everything else he's said beyond the product his company produces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Don't forget "...justice"

Speak out whenever you hear this stuff
Justice is bad now? Good to know ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Musk used the word inclusive when talking about Twitter. He said he wants to make Twitter "as inclusive as possible". He used wording that you don't like.

You want to bring back "Free Speech" but you are complaining about hearing specific words?! You are contradicting yourself.
That is the MO for many folks around here. Good luck figuring it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2022, 11:20 AM

25,755 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
The hypocrisy in this post is stunning, and not in a good way.
It's quite simple to make accusations with no detail or actual specific charge. It's almost as easy as hollering "racist" whenever someone says something you don't like, isn't it?

Old 05-09-2022, 10:19 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
??? Huh. Discussing diversity and equity will lead to fixing those other issues. I personally don't care about pronouns or gender discussions and I did not mention that in my posting or any posting so please do not make assumptions about my opinions. Further, I find it quite telling that no response ever says something to the effect of, "I'm not afraid of losing my supremacy." Or, "I don't have issues with Black women becoming Supreme Court Justices or press secretaries and I further know that they put in the work and effort to get to where they are." No, posters like this one just say, "Stop talking about it. Leave us alone." As if the problems will resolve if we just ignore them or only talk about how no Black woman is capable of any position of authority. Like I said, the demographics are changing rapidly. You will not be left behind bc of your race, you will be left behind because of your attitude to race and justice. We all want to live in peace and the Republican make that hard so we have to fight against this growing threat.
I don't have a problem with the current nominee because she's black. I have a big, fat, massive problem with her because she wants to keep sentences light for child abusers.

While Marxists focus on race, other people focus on much more important issues.

Virtue signaling about how 'not racist' you are, to the point that you carry on and on about how the person is black, or...what do the Marxists call everyone who isn't European? OH, that's right, 'black and brown people', as if anyone who isn't European has no identity beyond their skin color. When all a Marxist can do is send up the Virtue Signal in the sky to show everyone how 'open and accepting they are', it only reveals how very racist they are.

Blabbering on about someone's race, as if that was the only thing you need to know about a person to put them in a specific position, reveals far more than some of you think. May as well just don the hoods and stand around a roaring bonfire, because it reeks of extreme racism - just like the left has been all along.

Old 05-10-2022, 08:55 AM

216 posts, read 67,252 times
Whenever I'm watching TV and I hear words like "Diversity" and "Inclusion" I immediately change the channel because I know I'm in for some woke liberal BS. As a matter of fact, I change the channel at any sign of the slightest wokeness. I've just had it. I am completely and utterly fed up with this crap.

Old 05-10-2022, 10:30 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Philosopher View Post
Whenever I'm watching TV and I hear words like "Diversity" and "Inclusion" I immediately change the channel because I know I'm in for some woke liberal BS. As a matter of fact, I change the channel at any sign of the slightest wokeness. I've just had it. I am completely and utterly fed up with this crap.
Me to!

Old 05-10-2022, 10:42 AM

25,755 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Yep. Well, I don't really watch TV. But I do listen to radio... and anytime mention of diversity, inclusion, racist, gender, etc, by left-wing media is made, immediate change of channel or turn-off. Oh, and the covid shot commercials... immediate change of channel.

Old 05-10-2022, 11:30 AM

5,117 posts, read 2,163,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Yep. Well, I don't really watch TV. But I do listen to radio... and anytime mention of diversity, inclusion, racist, gender, etc, by left-wing media is made, immediate change of channel or turn-off. Oh, and the covid shot commercials... immediate change of channel.
So you don’t listen to NPR much I assume?

Old 05-10-2022, 11:36 AM

52,272 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
It's completely off putting and it's EVERYWHERE. Commercials, TV shows, movies, on the radio.

I'm just tired of being lectured to on this stuff.

Old 05-10-2022, 12:05 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
In what context do you use it? What I've noticed is that when it's leftists using it, they typically mean "everyone except white males." Which, of course, is EXclusion, not INclusion. But I don't expect leftists to actually use words according to their real meanings.
This gave me a belly laugh I hadn't had in days.

I raised three white males, married to one and every time one of you claims they are being 'excluded' or treated badly they also have a good belly laugh.

It's just too funny.

Old 05-10-2022, 12:15 PM

10,101 posts, read 7,771,136 times
Quote:
I do the same. I also turn the channel when they go to the southern border and show the massive amount of illegals flooding in. I just can't take it. My blood pressure goes up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies