Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2022, 05:48 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I have to admit, I do use the word inclusion quite a bit. Shame on me.
In what context do you use it? What I've noticed is that when it's leftists using it, they typically mean "everyone except white males." Which, of course, is EXclusion, not INclusion. But I don't expect leftists to actually use words according to their real meanings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2022, 05:50 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeYouMissedOne View Post
Cultural Marxism = rebranded Cultural Bolshevism which was a phrase used by Nazi Germans to denounce secularist, modernist and progressive cultural movements.

The Nazis also built a nice highway system, which we copied. We also took in many of their leading scientists so we could compete with the Soviets in the space race. Hitler came to power in part because Europe was under the threat of Bolshevism. Unfortunately, the German people turned to him to defend themselves. That is no lie. It does not mean Bolshevism is good, and it doesn't mean we have to surrender our nation to it. The term cultural Marxism is accurate and fitting, which is why it is applied today, whether you like it or hate it.

Old 05-06-2022, 05:50 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Yep. The left makes perfectly good words into the most nauseating in the English language. They are masters of that.

Even more nauseating than deciding to pronounce foreign words their own way.... Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeve.

Last edited by ChrisC; 05-06-2022 at 05:58 PM..

Old 05-06-2022, 05:52 PM

10,097 posts, read 7,767,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Diversity.
Equity.
Inclusion.

Notice how these three words, in this order, have suddenly become all the rage? It's clearly obvious that they all get their talking points from some central source, otherwise how did D.E.I. become such a big thing overnight?
Yes, Equity and diversity are both good ones they say all the time. I just want to vomit every time they say these words.

Old 05-06-2022, 05:56 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
In what context do you use it? What I've noticed is that when it's leftists using it, they typically mean "everyone except white males." Which, of course, is EXclusion, not INclusion. But I don't expect leftists to actually use words according to their real meanings.
I generally mean inclusion in the religious sense when I hear people wanting to exclude people because of their lifestyle, beliefs, lack of beliefs, etc.

Old 05-06-2022, 06:01 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
I generally mean inclusion in the religious sense when I hear people wanting to exclude people because of their lifestyle, beliefs, lack of beliefs, etc.
Tell me... why would anyone want to be part of a specific religion if they do not believe in the teachings of that religion, other than to cause trouble?

Personally, if I don't believe in a religion, I want nothing to do with it. I don't believe in Shintoism. Thus I have nothing to say about it or do with it.

Old 05-06-2022, 06:11 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Tell me... why would anyone want to be part of a specific religion if they do not believe in the teachings of that religion, other than to cause trouble?

Personally, if I don't believe in a religion, I want nothing to do with it. I don't believe in Shintoism. Thus I have nothing to say about it or do with it.
I'm thinking more of people who condemn others to hell because they don't hold the same beliefs.

Old 05-06-2022, 06:32 PM

1,434 posts, read 667,304 times
I'm mostly sick of the never ending Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Good Lord they never stop crying and teeth gnashing.
Go to the damn doctor and get some meds.

Old 05-06-2022, 06:43 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007InThehouse View Post
Hitler came to power under the threat of Bolshevism”

That’s a pretty sus thing to state.

They turned to him because he scapegoated an entire group of people and told them they were the reason for the nation’s ills. They voted for him to “make Germany great again”. Great again by getting rid of people they deemed undesirables.

Fascism rules against modernity, boasts traditionalism, and fear mongers an other as the enemy. And only 1 leader can get rid of them.

Hitler fabricated a threat. Bolshevism is to og Nazis what woke us to the alt-right. A boogieman.

This isn't even a Hitler thread so I'm not going any further with this. If you want to talk about Nazis, go to the history forum. The USA and the USSR kicked their asses long ago so you have nothing to worry about.

Old 05-06-2022, 07:02 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
I'm thinking more of people who condemn others to hell because they don't hold the same beliefs.
Like if someone uses the wrong pronoun?

Hellfire like no other will rain down ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies