Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2022, 12:25 PM

10,086 posts, read 7,761,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Musk agrees with me that Trump doesn't have the character to be President.

Now knowing that Musk feels that way about Trump, do you still respect Musk ?
What in the world does how Musk feels about Trump have anything to do with this thread?

I have respect for Musk helping to bring back free speech. I don't care what he thinks about Trump.

I have a lot of respect for anyone that wants to do good for the country. The left do not as seen in the current state of our country. The ones that have destroyed the country are the ones out there screaming racism and changing pronouns and putting CRT in schools to warp the children's minds. For that I have no respect at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2022, 12:31 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,313,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
People in glass houses should learn not to throw stones.

The authoritarian right has mounted a devious strategy to control debate, indoctrinate the young and eradicate adherence to objective reality. Their tactics are central to a movement that wants to protect the status quo and solidify White Christian dominance over American politics.

So it sounds to me like the OP has fallen for it and is living in the silo of GOP manufactured grievances which are all smoke and mirrors to distract from the fact that their party has no plan, platform, or policy to advance and benefit society at large. All the Republicans offer is validation for the worst of their base's biases, impulses, and prejudices.

So, OP, you are sick of the pushback that the political right hears after declaring war on diversity and any citizen that has opposing views and lifestyles?
You are sick of the necessary refutation of made up information & conspiracy and Republican lies, by those whom the GOP targets and harms?
You are sick of hearing criticism of GOP laws that are manufactured to create problems and seed dissension and discord in the country?

I say tough too bad, OP. The political right creates these issues, boorishly drums the beat of hate and then bogusly tells you whom to blame for it. And, as if that isn't enough, then convinces you that "the left" ---who speaks up for we the people, and advocates for our American idea and its principles, its purpose, and its promise---should not pushback. Should have no voice. Is wrong to speak up and you should not have to endure their words. Nauseating indeed!

If ever there was a time for paraphrasing the fictional Andrew Shepard speech it is this thread's whining:

"We have serious problems to solve, and we need serious people to solve them. And whatever your particular problem is, I promise you the GOP is not the least bit interested in solving it. They are interested in two things and two things only: making you afraid of it and telling you who's to blame for it. That, ladies and gentlemen, is how you win elections."
Whooooole lot of words, very little substance. In fact, no substance at all. That last quote says it all: we have problems to solve, and we need to solve them. Well, that's very specific.

Old 05-07-2022, 12:31 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,306,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
I have respect for Musk helping to bring back free speech.
Musk used the word inclusive when talking about Twitter. He said he wants to make Twitter "as inclusive as possible". He used wording that you don't like.

You want to bring back "Free Speech" but you are complaining about hearing specific words?! You are contradicting yourself.

Old 05-07-2022, 12:34 PM

Quote:
The only reason it bothers you so much (which it obviously does) is that you think that they have a point.

People don't care (as much as you obviously do) about the opinions of people they think are wrong.
Really? You wouldn't get tired of hearing nonsense repeated over and over and over and over? If I came up to you every day and told you about how Martians were going to come and take over the Earth soon, you wouldn't get sick of listening to me?

Old 05-07-2022, 12:36 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
What in the world does how Musk feels about Trump have anything to do with this thread?

I have respect for Musk helping to bring back free speech. I don't care what he thinks about Trump.

I have a lot of respect for anyone that wants to do good for the country. The left do not as seen in the current state of our country. The ones that have destroyed the country are the ones out there screaming racism and changing pronouns and putting CRT in schools to warp the children's minds. For that I have no respect at all.
Given your borderline idol worshipping posting history re Trump, I'm surprised that you say that you don't care about what Musk thinks about Trump.

Old 05-07-2022, 12:38 PM
bu2

24,080 posts, read 14,875,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007InThehouse View Post
Last I checked, MAGA types and alt-righters were matching talking about how “Jews will not replace them” aka, referring to Jews as an “other”. Don’t forget that Russia is currently murdering civilians in a neighboring country.

Hence how you get these dorks:
Or NPCs like you who believe what you heard on DNC media and your far left sites like Vox, Mother Jones, etc.

Old 05-07-2022, 12:38 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Really? You wouldn't get tired of hearing nonsense repeated over and over and over and over? If I came up to you every day and told you about how Martians were going to come and take over the Earth soon, you wouldn't get sick of listening to me?
No, I wouldn't.

And an internet forum also isn't the same as being in someone's actual presence.

Old 05-07-2022, 12:40 PM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
I'd say I agree a lot of these are overused. What is NOT overused is misinformation.

Your "alt" news sites? Made up. Lies. MIS information. Mainstream media is mainstream for a reason, and people who believe infowars and epoch times are, in general, not the brightest. Misinformation is the most polite term for that.

CNN/MSNBC on the left, OAN/Breitbart/Fox on the right, tend to slant and use loaded words. They are not really MISinformation, but they tell us how to feel about things-which is inappropriate and MIGHT be considered misinformation. On the other hand, NPR and BBC and AP and WSJ are pretty middle of the road.
NPR and AP are extremely slanted with their language. AP has been that way for the last 5 or 10 years. BBC is professional, but left of center.

Old 05-07-2022, 12:43 PM

Quote:
No, I wouldn't.

And an internet forum also isn't the same as being in someone's actual presence.
LMFAO, yeah, right. Everyone gets tired of hearing bull$h!t, and so do you.

Old 05-07-2022, 12:44 PM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerlingHitchcockJPeele View Post
I’m tired of these words and phrases:

LIBERTY, from people who don’t really believe in it.

PATRIOT, from those aren’t really patriots.

RACE-CARD, from the ones who complain about it but are the first to bring it up.

PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY, from those who were born already ahead of the game.

BOOTSTRAPS, by those who largely inherited Daddy’s homes, business, money and contacts to get ahead.

ALL LIVES MATTER, by those who only mean white lives matter above all.

BLUE LIVES MATTER, in cases where even if a shooting is unjustified by an officer they don’t care because it’s just another n word dead.

CLOSE THE BORDER, Pilgrims were immigrants, Slaves were forced immigrants, 19th Century European immigrants were…. Immigrants, so get over it already! Your ancestors didn’t want the “Border Closed” when they were fleeing their countries of origin.

COVID was a conspiracy to undermine Trump; You guys peddled that doozy for a while.

The Election was Stolen: Still peddling that one
So you get tired of hearing Progressives tout those first 4?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies