Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2022, 10:09 PM

29,518 posts, read 22,661,647 times

Advertisements

Heroic. Kudos to the security guard for his courage under fire.

If only more business owners did the same to combat the rampant lawlessness across our country.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/video-d...alifornia/#app

Quote:
Authorities on Wednesday released dramatic video of a shootout at a Southern California smoke shop last month that killed a robber and wounded a security guard.

A second suspect has been captured and two other men are being sought for the armed robbery that occurred shortly before 7 p.m. on April 3 at the Smoke Shop in Compton, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said in a statement.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vcKn8IfeAEw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2022, 12:02 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Why does a smoke shop have a security guard on duty? LOL

Old 05-07-2022, 01:20 AM

31,053 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
They do all over the place. Money and pot must be in high demand

Old 05-07-2022, 04:26 AM

1,747 posts, read 880,219 times
Quote:

If it's a cannabis smoke shop, most states require stores to have onsite security. It's a cash only business (although in some places debit cards can be used) so they can have many thousands of dollars on site. Plus, they need someone carding people as they come in since you can't enter one unless you are of age for that states.

Old 05-07-2022, 04:58 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
This is a case we're having a higher magazine capacity and ability to put out more rounds quickly is an advantage... with an AR I could have hit all of them multiple times and a 5.56 round leaves a rather nasty wound that would have required immediate medical attention.

Simply Having a security guard holding an AR-15 would have been a deterrent enough to keep criminals from doing anything... put a nice Red Dot on there and maybe even a laser sight... quick Target acquisition and accurate. Minimizes the possibility of any collateral damage from rounds missing their target.

Old 05-07-2022, 05:38 AM

59,067 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
"Why does a smoke shop have a security guard on duty?"

Gotta be one of the stupidest questions I have ever seen here!

"A second suspect has been captured and two other men are being sought for the armed robbery that occurred shortly before 7 p.m. on April 3 at the Smoke Shop in Compton"

Sometime I wish passing an intelligence test be required to vote!

Old 05-07-2022, 05:41 AM

7,372 posts, read 3,533,397 times
i am sure a left wing prosecutor is working on getting the security guard into prison assp

Old 05-07-2022, 06:05 AM

4,905 posts, read 2,058,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Why does a smoke shop have a security guard on duty?"

Gotta be one of the stupidest questions I have ever seen here!

"A second suspect has been captured and two other men are being sought for the armed robbery that occurred shortly before 7 p.m. on April 3 at the Smoke Shop in Compton"

Sometime I wish passing an intelligence test be required to vote!
^^^^^.

Sorry, but I’d bet rstevens62 is a Liberal that lives in California or in some other Blue State. These are the SAME people that will then ask why wasn’t there any security on site.

I have to deal with people who think like this in the Seattle area.

Honestly, I would never work for a pot shop, especially one in Compton, CA…. Seriously, what could go wrong with working at that location? EVERYTHING!!

I salute the security guard for providing a beyond late term abortion on one of these losers since that’s the only way you will get any kind of justice in the LA area. That’s why I was glad that Dave Chappell’s bodyguards stomped his attacker the freak out. I know it’s wrong, but in the absence of a responsible and functioning justice system, than stomping a criminal out and breaking things like their arms and legs is the only real option out there. So!! Hopefully, LA will fire their District Attorney for being totally incompetent. And!! Hopefully Californians will think BEFORE voting to support chaos and mayhem, but they won’t since Liberals in California are solely guided by their emotions.

I truly wish this security guard a speedy recovery and hopefully he will find a safer line of work.

Old 05-07-2022, 08:02 AM

2,409 posts, read 1,530,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
i am sure a left wing prosecutor is working on getting the security guard into prison assp
The VP is probably raising bail money for the robber that got arrested.

Who knew that acute lead poisoning would lead to a death in a smoke shop? Usually cancer does those folks in.

Any video of the dead guy's mom saying what a good boy he was?

Old 05-07-2022, 08:08 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
According to FBI, Compton is a top ten most dangerous city:

https://theboxhouston.com/1935471/f-...make-the-list/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies