Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2022, 06:00 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I'm a common man and would love to sit down with Donald Trump. If I sat down with any of the Marxists/Democrats including Joe Biden, there would be an arrest.
So if Trump said to you, "I still think wages are too high", you'd say Aman to that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2022, 06:04 PM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
How does/did he portray himself like the common man? Post an example.

TDS again.
Thanks, I was wondering the same thing. He's never portrayed himself to be like the common man. Never. However, he has to be the first President in history that had fans hold up signs for him when he is in town and then sends cars out to go retrieve those people and bring them back to his home where he sits down with them and offers to talk about things over dinner and drinks.

Old 05-07-2022, 06:09 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Thanks for showing us this propaganda.

Obama held even more expensive fundraisers and I guarantee you that propagandist didn't make this same diatribe.

Obama once charged someone $355,000 for a premier ticket to a social event.

But Obama is a man of the people.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sfc...p-14831466.php
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bus...s-2012-2%3famp

P.S. Hunter's laptop shows Joe Biden sells US policy to foreign agents. Corrupt man of the kleptocracy.
That's not propoganda. That's an opinion piece carried by an opinion contributor, to a mainstream media source.

What used to be called an independent editorial.

The Courrier Journal is a left-center mainstream media outlet with a high rating for factual reporting, and clean fact-checked record, based in Louisville, KY, so an opinion piece on Trump visiting locally would be appropriate.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-courier-journal/

Old 05-07-2022, 06:12 PM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So if Trump said to you, "I still think wages are too high", you'd say Aman to that?
I think it's "Amen", but whatever.

Old 05-07-2022, 07:09 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
That's not propoganda. That's an opinion piece carried by an opinion contributor, to a mainstream media source.
Definition of propaganda:

information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.

https://www.google.com/search?q=prop...obile&ie=UTF-8

It is a left wing media source that is biased and misleading. They will run OpEds saying Trump says there are no room for the little guy because he has a 75K fundraiser, but it would never do the same to Obama for BIGGER fundraisers.

The typical person reading this propaganda news source would think it's just Trump, not Obama.

Old 05-07-2022, 07:37 PM

17,798 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
If I sat down with any of the Marxists/Democrats including Joe Biden, there would be an arrest.
Every time a rightie posts something like this I'm reminded of that scene in Full Metal Jacket with Animal Mother and Joker.

"Talkin' the talk but not walkin' the walk."

In other words, you are typin' the type... but we ain't buyin' your hype.

Old 05-07-2022, 07:40 PM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Every time a rightie posts something like this I'm reminded of that scene in Full Metal Jacket with Animal Mother and Joker.

"Talkin' the talk but not walkin' the walk."

In other words, you are typin' the type... but we ain't buyin' your hype.
Eddie, you long ago lost any credibility on this forum. But thanks for sharing.

Old 05-07-2022, 07:45 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Definition of propaganda:

information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.

https://www.google.com/search?q=prop...obile&ie=UTF-8

It is a left wing media source that is biased and misleading. They will run OpEds saying Trump says there are no room for the little guy because he has a 75K fundraiser, but it would never do the same to Obama for BIGGER fundraisers.

The typical person reading this propaganda news source would think it's just Trump, not Obama.
Editorial opinion pieces, carried on major news media sources, are generally not considered propaganda, moon. They're generally considered an expression of opinion, which is protected by the first amendment to the US constitution.

Despite the fact that this opinion differs from your own, it's not propaganda.

Old 05-07-2022, 07:59 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Editorial opinion pieces, carried on major news media sources, are generally not considered propaganda, moon. They're generally considered an expression of opinion, which is protected by the first amendment to the US constitution.

Despite the fact that this opinion differs from your own, it's not propaganda.
It is propaganda.

It literally meets the dictionary definition as I just showed.

Their pieces are slanted one way.

Some sheep will read that hit piece, think it's unique to Trump and that Obama, Hillary, and Biden don't do the same thing, and then post it on some online forum like CD thinking it is a legit piece.

Old 05-07-2022, 08:31 PM

3,648 posts, read 3,784,861 times
Quote:
Yikes. $75K per attendee.

"At that price, he has shown he doesn't want Kentuckians around"

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...nd/7450308001/
What an ignorant statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies