Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should contraceptives be banned?
Yes 2 4.65%
No 41 95.35%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2022, 05:20 PM

4 posts, read 942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Man. When I think of a list of things that I thought virtually every single person would agree on in the US, this is one of those things. That adults should be able to have access to methods of contraception.

But then, I thought virtually everyone would also agree that if the life of the mother is in danger, she should be legally allowed to get an abortion, and that abortion shouldn't be punishable by the death penalty.

Guess not.

There are women hating (or self-loathing) angry nuts among us.
“Protecting the children” is just a front. It’s about trying to control people. Essentially your seeing the building blocks of theocratic fascism.

Old 05-08-2022, 05:28 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,627 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniDuck_Delux View Post
“Protecting the children” is just a front. It’s about trying to control people. Essentially your seeing the building blocks of theocratic fascism.
Absolutely.

There seem to be two arguments against abortion, and the first one I can understand and empathize with. The second one creeps me out and I hope I'm never alone with the men who say stuff like this.

1. Babies are a gift from God, and have every right to the life they've begun. As a society, we can take care of them and will provide services for the women who are carrying them.

2. Well if she had kept her legs shut, she wouldn't be in this position, would she? Now that she's gone and gotten herself pregnant, she needs to man up and face the consequences and not think she can avoid them. Next time maybe not get naked with a man you hardly know.

Old 05-08-2022, 05:30 PM

2,234 posts, read 2,403,693 times
How is this even a debate nowadays? I'm not religious myself, but I know that certain religions, like Catholicism, are against birth control. I just don't understand. Why should the sole purpose of sex to be to produce children?

Old 05-08-2022, 05:30 PM

4 posts, read 942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Absolutely.

There seem to be two arguments against abortion, and the first one I can understand and empathize with. The second one creeps me out and I hope I'm never alone with the men who say stuff like this.

1. Babies are a gift from God, and have every right to the life they've begun. As a society, we can take care of them and will provide services for the women who are carrying them.

2. Well if she had kept her legs shut, she wouldn't be in this position, would she? Now that she's gone and gotten herself pregnant, she needs to man up and face the consequences and not think she can avoid them. Next time maybe not get naked with a man you hardly know.
Handmaid’s Tale was a warning.

Old 05-08-2022, 05:32 PM

1,434 posts, read 665,723 times
I think the yes votes are fake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies