Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2022, 11:18 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,656,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Excuse me, I should be ashamed?

I'm sitting here watching my gains of the last year evaporate, and praying to God it levels off at 32 and stays there for a bit, which seems possible.

The market, while enjoyable to watch during this meteoric rise, was unsustainable for the last year+.
Hoping to level off at 32,000?

Are you kidding? We have only seen the beginning of the market fall. We have rising interest rates, record inflation, and have not officially entered the Biden recession.

The market, even at these levels, is grossly over-valued. A year from now you will be praying the market will get back up to 32,000 in a few years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2022, 11:22 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,196,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
The NASDAQ was around 13,500 the day Biden took office.

Today the NASDAQ is around 11,600 as of this post.

That is a 1,900 point loss on Biden's watch.

NASDAQ history

That is a 1,900 point loss from when Biden inherited multiple vaccines and a historic economic recovery from an artificial slowdown due to the Pandemic caused by Biden/Obama sending Coronavirus research to China and funding the very lab where the leak happened, causing the global Pandemic that destroyed economies and killed millions.
Bingo…folks will do anything to defend the demented old man that has no idea what he’s doing.

Old 05-10-2022, 12:38 PM

4,379 posts, read 1,695,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

Are you kidding? We have only seen the beginning of the market fall. We have rising interest rates, record inflation, and have not officially entered the Biden recession.

The market, even at these levels, is grossly over-valued. A year from now you will be praying the market will get back up to 32,000 in a few years.
Honest question... if the market is grossly overvalued (even after a tremendous fall since the beginning of the year), how is that Biden's fault? How does the POTUS (no matter who it is) make the market grossly overvalued in such a short period of time?

Old 05-10-2022, 12:44 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,000,087 times
What would another candidate do to 'fix' the problem?

Old 05-10-2022, 01:09 PM

24,396 posts, read 23,050,809 times
Throw Insurrection Joe out the nearest window and the Trump could get to work undoing the damage that stupid **** has done the last year plus.

Old 05-10-2022, 02:18 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 4 days ago)

35,612 posts, read 17,940,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

I don't know that it will be in freefall.

There are signs the market has a lot of hope - ended a tiny fraction down today, from being down 600 points at the bottom.

I agree that the market is grossly overvalued, but it's been grossly overvalued since about 2017, IMHO, trading on hope and optimism. Which is not nothing.

Old 05-10-2022, 02:53 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,767,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't know that it will be in freefall.

There are signs the market has a lot of hope - ended a tiny fraction down today, from being down 600 points at the bottom.

I agree that the market is grossly overvalued, but it's been grossly overvalued since about 2017, IMHO, trading on hope and optimism. Which is not nothing.
You see how your politics comes into play there?

Easy money started in the financial crisis of 2008. Easy money was there all the way through Obama's 8 years (through until he left at the start of 2017).

Then Trump takes over at the beginning of 2017 with the same easy money, so THAT is when you have an issue and not before. Interesting how that works for you.

Old 05-10-2022, 03:09 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 4 days ago)

35,612 posts, read 17,940,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
You see how your politics comes into play there?

Easy money started in the financial crisis of 2008. Easy money was there all the way through Obama's 8 years (through until he left at the start of 2017).

Then Trump takes over at the beginning of 2017 with the same easy money, so THAT is when you have an issue and not before. Interesting how that works for you.
I don't know what you're saying.

Old 05-10-2022, 03:22 PM

4,897 posts, read 2,053,813 times
If you have money in the markets at this point, all you can do is hang on tight for the next 2.7 years till somebody with a brain is elected in 2024 to replace this head of cabbage.

I’m no expert, but moving money now would be a mistake, just try to ignore the markets.

The way I see it is that if the markets ever truly bottom out, money and gold will mean nothing AND that a can of Spam and a box of 9mm cartridges would mean more to one’s survival. That’s why I’m not too worried about Biden screwing up the market to the point, it explodes cuz even as dumb as he is, he knows that in the end, there would be no country to govern.

Old 05-10-2022, 04:16 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,789,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
If you have money in the markets at this point, all you can do is hang on tight for the next 2.7 years till somebody with a brain is elected in 2024 to replace this head of cabbage.

I’m no expert, but moving money now would be a mistake, just try to ignore the markets.

The way I see it is that if the markets ever truly bottom out, money and gold will mean nothing AND that a can of Spam and a box of 9mm cartridges would mean more to one’s survival. That’s why I’m not too worried about Biden screwing up the market to the point, it explodes cuz even as dumb as he is, he knows that in the end, there would be no country to govern.
Dude, that's an insult to cabbage. Cabbage is a delicious and healthy vegetable (when cooked right).

Brandon is harmful to my every imaginable kind of health.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies