Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2022, 10:50 AM

9,131 posts, read 6,180,105 times

Advertisements

"History shows us that forced ideological conformity never ends well for Jews, but liberal Jewish institutions keep wanting to give it another go.

In a Wall Street Journal piece, Elliott Abrams and Eric Cohen, respectively chairman and CEO of Tikvah and co-chairmen of the Jewish Leadership Conference, reveal that Manhattan’s Museum of Jewish Heritage canceled a planned JLC event because Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis was an invited speaker."

https://nypost.com/2022/05/08/nycs-j...rong-opinions/

WSJ Opinion Piece by Elliott Abrams and Eric Cohen,

"Throughout the modern age, Jews have suffered the consequences of this kind of intolerance. We see it all the time on college campuses, where anti-Semitism and anti-Zionism have become a tolerated (and even celebrated) form of discrimination. We see it in the boycott, divest and sanctions movement, which advocates treating Israel as a pariah. We see it in the U.N., with its odious anti-Israel Human Rights Council and with Amnesty International’s “apartheid state” calumny.

But we know things are bad when a Jewish institution—in this case, a museum whose purpose is to keep Jewish heritage alive by remembering the Holocaust—turns on its own and tries to make a virtue of its own intolerance."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/holocau...ip-11651759681

Jews are flourishing in Florida.

"A remarkable Jewish renaissance is under way in Florida. Jewish schools and synagogues are rapidly expanding. Jews from the Northeast and Midwest, as well as Latin America and Israel, are migrating to the Sunshine State in significant numbers, making the Jewish communities there lively and varied. Florida’s booming and low-tax economy is no doubt one of the attractions to young Jews seeking to build a prosperous future for themselves and their families. So is Florida’s educational system, which provides tax credits that assist many parents in sending their children to Jewish day schools."

The Museum claims that there was no contract with the organizations, but:
"The New York Jewish Week obtained a copy of the contract between the museum and Tikvah, which Cohen said he had signed. "

https://www.timesofisrael.com/new-yo...-ron-desantis/

The museum is digging in its heels and sticking to its story, but doesn't supply any evidence according to the Jewish Insider, eJewish Philanthropy:

"Cohen stood by the quotes in the op-ed, which he said were based on detailed notes taken immediately after a series of phone calls beginning April 26, when Tikvah was first informed of the museum declining to host the event. Cohen told eJP that Tikvah has held a series of events at the museum in the past without issue, and that the clash over DeSantis’ appearance occurred without warning. He said the museum had agreed to hold the June 12 date for Tikvah, and the two organizations were figuring out audio-visual and catering details. In addition, he said Tikvah had signed a contract with the museum, but the museum never countersigned. “We were told explicitly that DeSantis would not be allowed to speak and that we should stop payment on our deposit,” Cohen told eJP."

https://ejewishphilanthropy.com/holocaust-museum/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2022, 06:02 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,389 times
i have friends of 20years or more who i have had talks with, where their anti-black person, anti-brown person ideas have come to be known, i dont believe its just a coincidence those people are former president supporters, i have also read enough history to know mr shickle-gruber started slowly with the handicapped and then the Jewish people...

they complain about legal citizenry.... its just my opinion based on observation and i could be wrong but the children of these individuals seem to concur with me

Old 05-09-2022, 06:10 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,252,535 times
The nail in the coffin was when he refused to condemn the neo natzi events in orlando - few month ago. Follow that with the anti semetic flyer drops and you don’t get a warm and fuzzy from the Jewish Ny ers. Frankly they were appalled that happens in Florida.
That did not sit well. Generous Jewish philanthropist did not like it at all.
Donors are important to museums.
As much as I’m not a trump supporter, he would have come out much stronger on these Unpopular events.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies