Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2022, 02:37 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
The hard left won't accept anything less than being able to kill an unborn baby up until the moment of birth. Most people are rightfully disgusted with that position, and with them.
I’m hard left and I accept less than that.
Do you have any links because I follow and support pro choice and have not heard that from the organizations I support.
Maybe you have some inside information that is not given to the rest of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2022, 02:41 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,762 times
well, the post is about Texas.
We know Louisiana is getting ready to floor-debate and vote on such a measure that says fertilization = conception = life, and would then allow no abortion "tactics" (abortifacients I think?). And if it passed their House and Senate, then it would go to the "pro-life" Dem governor ... but if he did veto it for going too far, doesn't seem they have the votes to override.

And Plan B and an IUD, that's what they do - keep the fertilized egg from successfully attaching to the uterus.

But as of yet, there is now law in place that makes them illegal that I've seen or heard of.

Old 05-09-2022, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Do you have any links because I follow and support pro choice and have not heard that from the organizations I support.
you're like a little bit left of Elon!

recent poll, 27% said absolutely no restrictions on abortion. same poll, about 10% said no abortion whatsoever.

You're not extreme enough to fit in the 27% apparently.

Old 05-09-2022, 02:42 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
The hard left won't accept anything less than being able to kill an unborn baby up until the moment of birth. Most people are rightfully disgusted with that position, and with them.
Most states have a limit. But some one quoted - over 90% of abortions, I think he said, are with the pill/ which is by the first 10 weeks. They don’t want any abortions. Are there crazies- yes one said to kill the baby at birth. I think it was about a sick or special needs babies. In the past, I’ve heard nurses sometimes just take away the help or let it die. But some babies would live n suffer. In some state now it’s in deliberations. It’s a hard decision. My son had a special needs boy, ultimately passed at 7. It was excruciating as well as a blessing. But I can’t blame anyone if they chose different. I just wouldn’t.

Old 05-09-2022, 02:46 PM

4,298 posts, read 1,556,670 times
Quote:
The hard left won't accept anything less than being able to kill an unborn baby up until the moment of birth.
And people think I was guilty of hyperbole in this thread.

Old 05-09-2022, 02:56 PM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Read the Democrat Party platform. Find your own link.

Old 05-09-2022, 03:11 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member1 View Post
Women leaving the state to get abortions elsewhere could be criminalized in Texas, if some GOP lawmakers get their way...

Texas Republicans say if Roe falls, they’ll focus on adoptions and preventing women from seeking abortions elsewhere - Texas Tribune
That's not what the Texas Tribune (a leftist publication) said. The part about the Trigger Law if Roe V Wade is sent back to the States is true - Abortions would be illegal in Texas.

Nothing about arresting women for having an out of State abortion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeUnderTheBridge View Post
Such a broad term for such a complex issue. It’s all about control. They’re already talking about contraceptives being banned.

If the right really cared about kids, they’d advocate for better safety nets for already born children and pregnant mothers.

They just wanna impose restrictions based on religious beliefs.
Democrats and Leftists are talking about banning contraception - they are the only people who are saying that. It's fear mongering, they NEED an issue for the Mid-Term Elections, because they sure can't run on their abysmal record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
So Texas is going to adopt checkpoints at all state line crossing points where they identify females (or pregnant men, of course) in the vehicles (or presumably running across the border on foot for an abortion), document their pregnancy onsite, and then verify their pregnancy upon return? And what happens to the women if they are pregnant going out of state and not pregnant coming back? Will they be lined up against a brick wall and shot?
Amazing what these Leftists dream up to try and scare up some votes.
You almost had me (pregnant men gave you away), but this sort of nonsense is exactly what the Democrats & Leftists (are there really any Democrats left except for Henry Cuellar, Senima & Manchin?) are going to buy - Hook-Line-Sinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I think that's exactly what's on the minds of some people.

Twelve percent of the population doesn't want a woman to be able to abort even if carrying the baby will kill her.

So your scenario sounds like their favorite fantasy.
Get that Fish Hook out of your mouth before full infection moves in.

Old 05-09-2022, 03:21 PM

62,951 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
what the freedom shouters really mean is the freedoms evangelical support..that's fairly commonly know
I would think that any humane, sane person would be opposed to killing whether they be evangelicals or not.

Old 05-09-2022, 03:23 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
That would definitely be unconstitutional and stupid.

Old 05-09-2022, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
And people think I was guilty of hyperbole in this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
you're like a little bit left of Elon!

recent poll, 27% said absolutely no restrictions on abortion. same poll, about 10% said no abortion whatsoever.

You're not extreme enough to fit in the 27% apparently.
one reason there shouldn't be eleventy-seven threads on the same topic ... now I have to find the poll I saw. Which wasn't the 27% poll at all, but similar results from several months/couple years ago
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies