Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2022, 02:52 PM

15,595 posts, read 7,644,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
The hard left won't accept anything less than being able to kill an unborn baby up until the moment of birth. Most people are rightfully disgusted with that position, and with them.
There are very few who make that argument. The vast majority would be ok with abortion on demand up to viability, along with exceptions for major genetic issues with the baby or the life and health of the mother out for some more weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2022, 02:52 PM

2,612 posts, read 938,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
No one has the right to force a woman to carry a pregnancy to term, at least until the fetus is viable. That's a personal decision for the woman, and no one's business but hers.
Why is it no longer ok once the fetus is "viable."

Old 05-10-2022, 04:50 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,981,959 times
Abbott and his ilk are evil, hate filled, bigotted terrorists, seeking to repress women and all minorities by stripping rights and freedoms.

In Amerika you are allowed freedom of unrestricted movement in the country. But sadly this is fast becomming a police state run by christian taliban extremists.

Old 05-10-2022, 04:56 PM

43,442 posts, read 18,551,303 times
You all are foaming at the mouth for something that isn't even real.....

Old 05-10-2022, 05:08 PM

63,160 posts, read 29,329,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Abbott and his ilk are evil, hate filled, bigotted terrorists, seeking to repress women and all minorities by stripping rights and freedoms.

In Amerika you are allowed freedom of unrestricted movement in the country. But sadly this is fast becomming a police state run by christian taliban extremists.
Terrorists? So a female isn't a terrorist by killing her unborn child? She's not evil? Women repress themselves if they don't want to get pregnant but engage in unprotected sex. WTH do minorities in particular have to do with this issue? Are you saying they are too stupid to protect themselves? No one should have the freedom to kill another human being, born or not unless in the case of abortion the mother's life is in jeapordy by giving birth.

By the way, it's disrespectful to missspell our nation's name on purpose. What does a police state have to do with the abortion issue and what police state are you referring to? The Taliban want to kill people. Christians want to save them so WTH are you talking about?

Last edited by Oldglory; 05-10-2022 at 05:21 PM..

Old 05-10-2022, 05:09 PM

33,335 posts, read 12,649,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't see how you could possibly craft this in to law. Forcing your own residents, who are US citizens, not to cross state lines to engage in a behavior that is legal in that state is outrageous.

I don't see how they could do it, legally.

But the very fact that they WANT to - what the hell?

When I read the Handmaids Tale back in the 80's I thought that was ridiculous. Now, not so much.

Missouri is considering enacting a law where the fetus would be a resident of the state....even after only one night in a motel while the expectant mom and the dad are driving through and are residents of another state .

Old 05-10-2022, 05:12 PM

33,335 posts, read 12,649,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Terrorists? So a female isn't a terrorist by killing her unborn child? Women repress themselves if they don't want to get pregnant but engage in unprotected sex. WTH do minorities in particular have to do with this issue? Are you saying they are too stupid to protect themselves? No one should have the freedom to kill another human being, born or not.

By the way, it's disrespectful to missspell our nation's name on purpose. What does a police state have to do with the abortion issue and what police state are you referring to? The Taliban want to kill people. Christians want to save them so WTH are you talking about?

If a woman gets raped, do you think she should be forced to birth her rapist's spawn ?

Old 05-10-2022, 05:12 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,957,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
There was a poster on another site who said there should be no abortion exceptions even when the mothers life is at stake. Her reasoning? It was better to let the mother die so she could go to Heaven with the baby.

How can there ever be rational discussions about abortion when nuts like that exist?
The religious are not rational, so that's an unreasonable expectation.

Old 05-10-2022, 05:15 PM

63,160 posts, read 29,329,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
Maybe Texas can just build a really big wall around the state? Keep the illegals out and keep its people in?
Dumb remark.

Old 05-10-2022, 05:17 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,161,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't see how you could possibly craft this in to law. Forcing your own residents, who are US citizens, not to cross state lines to engage in a behavior that is legal in that state is outrageous.

I don't see how they could do it, legally.

But the very fact that they WANT to - what the hell?

When I read the Handmaids Tale back in the 80's I thought that was ridiculous. Now, not so much.
That's not what I think Texas lawmakers are planning. I think the goal is to use a flood of civil lawsuits to pressure out-of-state providers into refusing to perform procedures for residents of Texas. The lawsuits don't even have to stand; they just have to be enough of an annoyance to motivate providers to stop seeing anyone from Texas. It's basically the same technique they've used in their own state. Use financial threats to shut down the providers, and you eradicate abortion without ever having to criminalize it.

Last edited by kj1065; 05-10-2022 at 05:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies