Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2022, 12:30 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times

Advertisements

I'm a woman who had my last child later in years. 1997 ultrasounds were being done but not like they are now, etc.

I was recommended to have an amniocentesis. They stick a needle in your belly and test the fluid for anomalies, specifically Down syndrome.

I knew I wouldn't act on any results. I wouldn't have aborted the fetus at that time so I chose NOT to have the procedure.
I do not support the concept of abortion for regular birth control methods and I personally could not have aborted because I thought the child might have Down syndrome.

I would prefer a world where sex education, real discussions with young people on the matter of sex was promoted and abortion being talked about as NOT being a good way to deal with unwanted pregnancies.

So I'm not pro abortion...but I am anti-govt. dictating the conditions of abortion.

So most definitely you can support abortions not being criminalized without being an advocate for it.

Old 05-10-2022, 12:30 PM

18,455 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Did I say she was forced to have sex? Nope. That doesn’t mean she consents to bear a child. You can consent to crossing the street. Doesn’t mean you consent to being run down by a bus even though that is a possible outcome. Nor does it mean you will be denied remedies to correct that outcome.

Again,

If you have consensual vaginal intercourse, you are accepting the fact that you could get pregnant.

Don't want to get hit by a bus?

Stay out of the street.

But when. It comes to sex, too many won't even look both ways, because they think it won't happen to them.

Old 05-10-2022, 12:31 PM

23,973 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Comparing those things is hilariously stupid.

Murdering a baby is in no way similar to punishing a monster for crimes committed, having a military to protect the people, or having police equipped to protect the people.

When you find yourself making foolish arguments like this, it's time to rethink your entire life.
Are you for or against all life?

Just babies?

Forget those kids raised by idiots and criminals. Their parents are responsible for them. Our society has no responsibility to see that they are safely housed, fed, loved taught how to be a caring competent grown up.

Got it.

Old 05-10-2022, 12:33 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
And in all these abortion debates, it is clear that many refuse to admit that there are steps to restrict access to birth control, sex education, etc....

Making IUD's illegal, restricting access to birth control by refusing to have insurance cover it -- are clearly attempts at forcing people to not prevent the ability of the egg to be fertilized.

So it is less about the law but how people are choosing to use that law to inflict their personal ideology on others.

Old 05-10-2022, 12:33 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,557,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Are you for or against all life?

Just babies?

Forget those kids raised by idiots and criminals. Their parents are responsible for them. Our society has no responsibility to see that they are safely housed, fed, loved taught how to be a caring competent grown up.

Got it.
I'm against murder, apparently you can't tell the difference between murder and punishment for the most heinous of crimes...... or simply having a military to defend the people

Old 05-10-2022, 12:40 PM

62,940 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post
You couldn’t be more wrong…but that is to be expected.

The true lie is the right calling themselves Pro-Life. You are not pro-life, you are pro birth. You prove by your words, your votes, and your actions that you don’t care one bit about the lives of the mothers or the babies once they are born. You fight against healthcare. You fight against parental leave. You fight against social safety nets. And then you shame mothers who choose to have babies on their own by constantly pointing out how awful it is not to have a father around. Or you shame mothers for going to work and needing childcare. Or not working to care for their kids and need social safety nets. Or for having kids they can’t afford. You are NOT pro-life. And lest we forget the subhuman treatment of immigrants, illegal or legal but not “the right kind”. Or your need to judge people’s relationships or gender identity and dehumanize the struggles they might go through.

FWIW, I don’t agree with abortion in many cases, but prefer to keep it legal. I prefer to confront the problem with better solutions for why women might choose abortion…better access to heathcare, parental leave, social safety nets for children in particular.
Just because someone is pro-life (anti-abortion) does not make them obligated to feed and shelter other people's kids whether they are wanted or unwanted. They are their parent's responsibility to care for.

Who are all of these "you's" you are rammering about?

WTH do immigrants have to do with this topic and how are they getting subhuman treatment? Illegal aliens shouldn't even be in this country anyway. The "right kind"? It this your lame attempt at the race card? Typical liberal. Who are these others you claim are being dehumanized?

Old 05-10-2022, 12:44 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,772,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Tell that to Governor Northam who says after a child is born the mother can decide to kill it.
Whaaat? lol This thread is insane and I'm only on the 3rd and my last page of it - too over the top for me - I think I died and woke up in the insane asylum.

I don't know this governor but I've got enough sense to know a governor of any party here in the US did not say such a thing. Hmm, appears to be a lot of radical statements and sentiments being voiced on both sides of the aisle and way too many falsehoods and rumors flying and people believing all kinds of insane gossip. Good old media and God love the social media outlets as well and all the goofballs who read some radical, crazy story (or gossip to be more accurate) that someone has obviously cherry picked out of an interview perhaps and concocted the most bizarre tale to repeat. I honestly can't for the life of me believe how gullible people have become. I use to just laugh at the idiots but now it's become a national epidemic and it's no longer funny, in fact, it's dangerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies